Bangkok morning turns to night - it's climate change as top Thai scientist warns of more "extreme weather"

webfact

I live in Bangkok and yesterday/Monday morning when this small but dark and fast moving storm went over Bangkok it definitely got a lot darker...made one think What is going on....are we having an eclipse, etc.  But as the article said there was little rain...it just got darker than a normal storm passing over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pib said:

I live in Bangkok and yesterday/Monday morning when this small but dark and fast moving storm went over Bangkok it definitely got a lot darker...made one think What is going on....are we having an eclipse, etc.  But as the article said there was little rain...it just got darker than a normal storm passing over.

Sounds fun  top me

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Being popular in Pakistan is hardly an arbiter of moral or scientific correctness. Or China or Australia and definitely  not Amerikia.

I never said it was. The flip side is that they are unpopular because they are wrong and go about preaching their ignorance and inability to fathom science as if it were a religion or a badge of honour. That's why they are not popular, not because they reasonably question the status quo or think outside the box or aren't sheep.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

And there was I thinking it was just a regular wet-season storm :whistling:

Climate-change is real enough (just how much of it is down to us humans is debatable) but I don't think we can really put yesterday's bit of cloud down to it 100%.

I would put it down to the Chinese Rain making Chemicals drifting on the breeze over into Thailand.

• Like 1