Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So much of a racist that he wanted to be posted to, and remain in India, and, later, learned Urdu (one of fourteen foreign languages that he spoke) in order to be able to speak to his Indian-born constituents in their own language.

Next you'll be telling us about he defended his Egyptian helper and stormed out of a Cairo restaurant when the latter was refused admission.

(as was already mentioned around Page 8 or 9)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Powell was wrong in that he used "the black man" as an example, in fact it is muslims who have become the problem in Britain. They groom young vulnerable white girls, then give them drink and drugs before many muslim men abuse them. This is documented fact, though the BBC, and the politicians, particularly the Labour Party, seem to want to keep it quiet. Perhaps Labour are afraid that if they confront the problem, then they will lose the muslim vote. There has been several documentaries made about this problem, put "the rochdale grooming scandal" into the search bar on Youtube, there are plenty of examples there. This abuse has been going on in towns in England for decades, yet very little is done to stop it, indeed when a Labour MP tried to raise this, she was accused of racism, which is of course ridiculous, as muslims come in all colours. What is noticable is that the majority of these grooming gangs are of pakistani or bangla deshi origin, with very few white participants, (see attached photo).

Please explain what the conservatives are doing about it which is any different to what Labour are proposing to do about it. Just a vague "seem to" ? Exactly the kind of misinformation that's prohibited on this board without linked proof.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Like the way the Thai hi-so's are 'fond' of their Burmese servants (because the traditional Isaan ones got too clever for their own good)?

Oops...off topic. Must be infectious.

Don't worry, most of your stuff is.....????

Edited by transam

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The forum ignore list. The last redoubt of the feeble.

Oh look! Here's Johnny come Lately.

You're skipping classes. We wrapped up the "intelligence debate" around page 12 already but we're happy to doggy paddle for a spell so that some other members can keep up.

Another pathetic keyboard warrior who tries his best to wind others up. You must have a very small deleted....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Another pathetic keyboard warrior who tries his best to wind others up. You must have a very small deleted....

Probably more like that cheap whacky backy,  you can now legally have in LOS.....................????

2 minutes ago, proton said:

He did not give a time frame for that, it still might come true the way things are going. His central prediction that large areas of cites would occupied by people with no cultural connection to the UK, and some unwilling to integrate was spot on. 

He definitely did give a time frame for that:

"That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century."

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He definitely did give a time frame for that:

"That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century."

He is talking about numbers and not civil war, the numbers have been far worse than he thought possible in his predictions . What about today, illegals pouring in over the channel, most form safe countries and all the government can do is try to get an exchange programme going with Rwanda, we send them 50 and take 50 of theirs, laughable. 

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

He is talking about numbers and not civil war, the numbers have been far worse than he thought possible in his predictions . What about today, illegals pouring in over the channel, most form safe countries and all the government can do is try to get an exchange programme going with Rwanda, we send them 50 and take 50 of theirs, laughable. 

Oh, is that what he meant by the "horror"? Really?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Did you ever live in an inner city in the UK with unspoken about no go areas for non muslims, rape gangs, women being harassed in the streets because of the way they dress and the new comers turning the areas they dominate into versions of the hell holes they 'escaped' from? Whole parts of some towns and cities are completely alien to British culture and way of life, and we were never consulted about this enormous change. That is 'horror' if you are unlucky enough to still be a white minority resident in some inner city areas in the UK today. 

First you tried to mitigate the significance of "Rivers of Blood" and now you're doing the same with "horror".

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

This is a line from Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood Speech"

"When she goes to the shops, she is followed by children, charming, wide-grinning piccaninnies."

She was referring to one of his constituents , Black immigrant children used to follow her home yelling abuse at her and terrorising her 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She was referring to one of his constituents , Black immigrant children used to follow her home yelling abuse at her and terrorising her 

Even if that were true and the link you provided doesn't establish that, is it some kind of justification to rail against blacks outnumbering whites (which they never did) from a politician's bully pulpit?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MrMuddle said:

Powell was wrong in that he used "the black man" as an example, in fact it is muslims who have become the problem in Britain. They groom young vulnerable white girls, then give them drink and drugs before many muslim men abuse them. This is documented fact, though the BBC, and the politicians, particularly the Labour Party, seem to want to keep it quiet. Perhaps Labour are afraid that if they confront the problem, then they will lose the muslim vote. There has been several documentaries made about this problem, put "the rochdale grooming scandal" into the search bar on Youtube, there are plenty of examples there. This abuse has been going on in towns in England for decades, yet very little is done to stop it, indeed when a Labour MP tried to raise this, she was accused of racism, which is of course ridiculous, as muslims come in all colours. What is noticable is that the majority of these grooming gangs are of pakistani or bangla deshi origin, with very few white participants, (see the attached photo of convicted child grooming gangs).

Grooming gangs.jpg

That was 10-20 years ago . 

There was eventually an investigation , after the abuse was publicised by Nick Griffin the BNP leader .

On National television he made the suggestion that there were groups of Muslim men in every UK Town abusing/raping Children /underage girls .

Left wingers called him a racist and I even thought that it was racist myself , saying there are groups of Muslim men in every town abusing girls .

I shook my head in disbelief how he could claim such a thing .

A few years later all the arrests began .

As far as I know though , it doesn't happen anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

He did not give a time frame for that, it still might come true the way things are going. His central prediction that large areas of cites would occupied by people with no cultural connection to the UK, and some unwilling to integrate was spot on. 

You talking about my old home town? Sounds like it.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He was a racist. 

If the majority agreed with him, how come his racist remarks ended his career?

I think it's partly true that his career was affected by his views but also by the fact that he was seen as a liability at the polling booth. He found kindred spirits when he subsequently joined the Ulster Unionist Party.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Only to a woke lefty antitype....

There's me thinking the Professor/Brigadier Powell MBE never stopped working, writing books etc, and you think his career ended.........????

It ended his political career.

Then he took up writing books, that few bought and fewer bothered reading.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Or do it was claimed.

Kids have a low Borden threshold, I doubt very much they make a habit of badgering old ladies, if it even happened.

• Sad 1

To the moderators.

Is it possible to close this topic.

After reading most of the 19 pages I find that it has wandered so far away from what one person said 58 years ago into a mire of, he said/no he didn't, accusations of racism to and from all and sundry into back biting and back stabbing.

To be honest while the thread started out with good enough intentions it has evolved/devolved into a my Dad is bigger than your Dad.

Oh no he isn't/oh yes he is.

It reminds me of an old military joke.

If you can't take a joke then you shouldn't have joined. The response is, I can take a joke but this is a ................. pantomime.

This is one of the few threads I wish I had not joined.

Edit.  21 pages now.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

To the moderators.

Is it possible to close this topic.

After reading most of the 19 pages I find that it has wandered so far away from what one person said 58 years ago into a mire of, he said/no he didn't, accusations of racism to and from all and sundry into back biting and back stabbing.

To be honest while the thread started out with good enough intentions it has evolved/devolved into a my Dad is bigger than your Dad.

Oh no he isn't/oh yes he is.

It reminds me of an old military joke.

If you can't take a joke then you shouldn't have joined. The response is, I can take a joke but this is a ................. pantomime.

This is one of the few threads I wish I had not joined.

Bill I can't make up mind or can't find anywhere on the internet whether what you suggest is racist.  ????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1