Woman seeks help for 3 other Thais forced into prostitution in Dubai

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai woman, who claims that she was forced into prostitution in Dubai but managed to escape, is appealing for help from state agencies for three other Thai women forced to work in a massage parlour there against their will.

The 40-year-old native of the north-eastern province of Si Sa Ket lodged a complaint with the Thai media yesterday (Thursday), together with an image of a room in which she claimed to have lived after she was deceived by a Thai broker promising work as a gardener in Dubai on a salary of 80,000-100,000 baht per month.

She claimed that, instead of working as a gardener, she ended up working as a waitress in a restaurant and was subsequently “sold” by her employer to work in a massage parlour and forced into prostitution by the new employer, adding that she would be beaten and detained if she refused.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/woman-seeks-help-for-3-other-thais-forced-into-prostitution-in-dubai/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

image.jpeg

Sadly, human trafficking is a global reality. Even in countries such as my own home country, the USA, I would advise Thai females to be on guard when the "opportunity" sounds too good for the publicaly documented cases are readily available. Yes, there are "au pair" or 'maid" Jos available BUT ... we have also seen the vulnerable used via the massage/nail shops or working in Thai restaurants and that is after much jumping through hoops to gain entry into the USA.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that one of the ladies, is the wife of my severely disabled mate, who had the mafia after her, took all my mates money, house, car,  left him in a rented room, and paid an agent to go to Dubai along with 9 others,  unable to do anything for himself though MND, whom I had to go and rescue 8hr drive, to come live near me arrange a full time carer, who sadly passed away last month. Or maybe better she comes back and the mafia take her out. BITCH of all bitches may you rot in hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad if true, but another 40 year old Thai women seemingly unaware of what she was getting into going to Dubai?  She never asked to communicate with other  "gardners" prior to going?

It would be interesting to see any communication between her and the broker.  The authorities should also be speaking with and investigating the broker.

My golf caddy ended up in Dubai on the same scam about seven years ago.  Her passport was confiscated but she had her phone and was able to communicate on Line.

She refused to provide the required services, but by all accounts was treated humanely.

She and two friends that went with her spent days contacting family trying to raise the funds to buy them out of the supposed contracts.  I can't recall the exact amount, I think in the region of 500K Baht each.

I recall thinking at the time that as the amount was 10 times more than the cost of airfares and accommodation, that the scam was actually kidnapping for ransom, and not about prostitution.

Anyway, they all managed to raise the money from friends and family after about two weeks, and was back on the golf course, telling me she was inquiring about going to Korea. :coffee1:

• Like 2