TM30 fine?

sorry, my bad- I left out that I wouldn't be currently registered at a hotel, would then after staying with my friend get a hotel again. - Also, I would later extend my tourist visa.

So, would Immigration notice the gap in registered hotels?

Edited by JDangle
type-o

I have seen people fined 800 baht for no TM30 at Jomtien,  I was behind them waiting my turn. 

They were applying for a 30 day extension and needed to pay the fine to get it, or they could just forget the extension and no fine. They chose the fine

It is a 2,000 baht fine for the owner or house manager not to report a temporary guest on a TM30.

Immigration do a sweep every 2 or 3 years in the area where we work looking for 'under documented' foreigners. They check the villas as most hotels follow the rules.

I do not know if anyone has every been fined.

You will probably need a TM30 report for a visa extension.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It is a 2,000 baht fine for the owner or house manager not to report a temporary guest on a TM30.

Immigration do a sweep every 2 or 3 years in the area where we work looking for 'under documented' foreigners. They check the villas as most hotels follow the rules.

I do not know if anyone has every been fined.

In 2019 the fine was, as stated previously, 800 baht.  Believe you are thinking about 90 day reports?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have seen people fined 800 baht for no TM30 at Jomtien,  I was behind them waiting my turn. 

Did they get a receipt? No receipt no pay.

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You will probably need a TM30 report for a visa extension.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm confused with the above.

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Dunno about anyone else but I'm confused with the above.

It depends upon the type of extension he is getting and what his visa status is.

If a tourist visa or visa exempt entry many offices will want proof a TM30 report was done.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If a tourist visa or visa exempt entry many offices will want proof a TM30 report was done.

But surely it still isn't up to the farang to show proof of a TM30? And how would a, out in the bush, boarding house owner know immigration laws? As far as I'm concerned it's all a load of tosh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But surely it still isn't up to the farang to show proof of a TM30? And how would a, out in the bush, boarding house owner know immigration laws? As far as I'm concerned it's all a load of tosh.

Primarily the TM30 application talked about is for people with their own condo/house or those staying with friends (as per the OP)

Anyone staying in a hotel, immigration should be able to see the hotel applied TM30 on their computer when you apply for an extension. All people are doing is advising to get a screen shot of the Hotel TM30 just in case

Edited by aussiexpat

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Actually it was up to the extension applicant to show proof of TM30 having been made here in Bangkok for retirement extension residence in 2019 and immigration has made copy of receipt for extensions every year since.  

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The possessor of a residence can also do the the TM30 report. It is not solely the owners responsibility.

A copy of the receipt for a TM30 report would be accepted for the proof it was done.

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And how would a, out in the bush, boarding house owner know immigration laws? As far as I'm concerned it's all a load of tosh.

That's as maybe, but it is the law of the land and Immigration are allowed to enforce it.

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But surely it still isn't up to the farang to show proof of a TM30?

The farang is the one in front of them, and the farang is the one that has to provide proof of residence, whether its up to them to do the registration or not. I nearly had a 1 year Retirement Extension bounced 2 years ago for lack of TM30 receipt in passport ( I was recorded in their system, had lived in the same house for 14 years, but didn't have the receipt).

• Like 2

I've been married for 16 years and approx. 3 years ago Buriram IO asked my wife if she'd ever submitted a TM30. She replied no and they took 500 Baht off of her, no receipt. The following year they stapled in the back page of my passport 'Receipt of Notification'. I assume all farangs now have the same thing in their passports if a TM30 has been submitted by a property owner?

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, JDangle said:

sorry, my bad- I left out that I wouldn't be currently registered at a hotel, would then after staying with my friend get a hotel again. - Also, I would later extend my tourist visa.

So, would Immigration notice the gap in registered hotels?

They don't care about any gaps, as long as you present a current TM30 receipt when you apply for the extension.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The possessor of a residence can also do the the TM30 report. It is not solely the owners responsibility.

A copy of the receipt for a TM30 report would be accepted for the proof it was done.

Just a quick question if you go on holiday for a week does the hotel automatically complete a TM 30 for you as a foreigner and if so do you have to refile a TM 30 on your return to your permanent address 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe,  interesting to know, but is it possible for the possessor (i.e. tenant) to register using the phone app for submitting the TM30 or can it only be done by the property owner?

27 minutes ago, DodgerRodger said:

Hi ubonjoe,  interesting to know, but is it possible for the possessor (i.e. tenant) to register using the phone app for submitting the TM30 or can it only be done by the property owner?

You can register for online TM30 reporting if you have a rental agreement and etcetera to do it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

I paid a THB 1,600 fine for not providing a TM30 which was silently re-introduced without notice at that time. This was upon my extension of stay based on retirement (type O) 2016 at Chiang Mai Immigration.

I read the fine was between 800 and 1600 and wondered why the difference. Maybe tourist is 800, long term visa is 1600? 

Or likely just random...

23 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Primarily the TM30 application talked about is for people with their own condo/house or those staying with friends (as per the OP)

Anyone staying in a hotel, immigration should be able to see the hotel applied TM30 on their computer when you apply for an extension. All people are doing is advising to get a screen shot of the Hotel TM30 just in case

Been here for decades.  Non-Imm O Retirement.

Never done, seen, or asked for a TM30 anywhere including hotels from 0* to 5*. Just keep one registered address with Immigration at the same address I've used for years. Never been fined but if I am that's the whole point of this ridiculus system.