Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

it would be very pertinent to the op to know the exact nature of this "inappropriate touching" before  convicting and punishing the person involved, 

yeah, I think the concept in this world today is that if you don't know a person, there is no appropriate touching - - keep your hands to yourself - no running with scissors. 

• Like 1

it would certainly be something I would consider to be a not too remote ( but nevertheless unwelcome ) possibility   

incidents of this nature are very rare, despite the nature of that place

If they are very rare, why would you even think of it being a not too remote possibility? she is free, she can walk where she wants.. once many years ago I went to Walking Street w/my wife - she was curious - we weren't molested.. never gave a thought to it... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you know Walking Street? No, it's not like any other street with people walking around.

And it is not too difficult to realize the purpose of that street and the establishments. 

IMG_0564.jpg

You're making excuses to try to justify someone's inappropriate, possibly illegal behavior.  It doesn't matter if the teacher was on Walking Street or in a church.   With your thinking, it would be ok behavior to steal any loose currency you might see at a bank, since it's main 'purpose' is distributing and receiving money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

At 3 a.m. on a stroll to enjoy the vibe? She must be a hell of a dance instructor then ....... 

Having said that, it is despicable by whoever groped the woman but, as said, 3 a.m. strolling around in Thailand's biggest city of ill repute ........... 

Its the world's biggest. 

• Like 1

So the wokies and virtue signallers have reared their heads in Thailand now. A tiny minority of anally retentive morons trying to tell the rest of the world how to live. We live in a sad, sad world where sad, sad people have to virtue signal at every opportunity because it is the only way they can feel important. Wake up call, you are only important to other people like you, to 99.99% of the world you are irrelevant. 

Yes, it was inappropriate behaviour no matter the circumstances but get off your high horses and stop being so judgemental.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Well said, it would be very pertinent to the op to know the exact nature of this "inappropriate touching" before  convicting and punishing the person involved, 

I feel there is a lot of information missing  

Valid point.....  Did he go full on ‘Jack-Black’ ?? (see link below)...  or pat her on the bum?... was there any communication ???... 

... was she a Karen looking for outrage ?... or is this a case of ‘please leave me alone’ and the tourist wouldn’t...  

....  It hasn’t been stated yet.. But no one would think to go up and ‘inappropriately touch’ a female policeman? in that area...  Also, no one would think to go up and ‘inappropriately touch’ anyone in a normal shopping mall... 

.... So - the combination of that area and appearance must defiantly have played a factor, which is what most people are suggesting... that doesn’t make it right, nevertheless, those are the realities of life in the ‘grey area’.... 

... The Grey Area ???  what is that you ask ???... its the area of life in which most of us life and operate, we use discretion and get by just fine. Then something happens and people argue this ‘grey area’ form the perspectives of ‘black and white’....  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KuD0Q8HTBI

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, newnative said:

You're making excuses to try to justify someone's inappropriate, possibly illegal behavior.  It doesn't matter if the teacher was on Walking Street or in a church.   With your thinking, it would be ok behavior to steal any loose currency you might see at a bank, since it's main 'purpose' is distributing and receiving money.

There's an absence of ‘reality’ in many of the ‘examples’ people are presenting... 

The ‘grey area’ in which we all live involves a lot of discretion which ‘black and white’ thinking and arguments simply do not fit... these are the realities of life whether we like it or not or agree with it or not. 

The area has a reputation...   nobody to goes to this area not knowing the reputation. 

I would be extremely Naive if I were to go to this area with my Wife and then expect a perfectly ’normal’ evening without any issue whatsoever....   the possibilities of ’someone being rude or inappropriate’ are just too high - as such we’d be foolish to go to such an area. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, spidermike007 said:

Some just cannot distinguish between a working girl and a civilian. This is never appropriate behavior toward  a civilian, and only appropriate with a working girl, if a deal has been struck. Groping strangers is never right. And this is coming from a guy who is not PC, and not Me Too! It is about basic respect and civility. 

Agree!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard1950 said:

So the wokies and virtue signallers have reared their heads in Thailand now. A tiny minority of anally retentive morons trying to tell the rest of the world how to live. We live in a sad, sad world where sad, sad people have to virtue signal at every opportunity because it is the only way they can feel important. Wake up call, you are only important to other people like you, to 99.99% of the world you are irrelevant. 

Yes, it was inappropriate behaviour no matter the circumstances but get off your high horses and stop being so judgemental.

Spot on  They have certainly reared their heads on this forum, although how manty of them are here or have ever been here is another matter. I am convinced that there are wokies constantly scouring the internet for any opportunity to express their outrage and voice their holier than thou views, with a big dollop of virtue signalling thrown in for good measure.

To be honest I cannot understand why these people would ever consider even visiting somewhere like Thailand in general or  Pattaya specifically  Unless its in the capacity of some sort of self appointed missionary with the agenda of saving us all from ourselves Then again hypocrisy is a common trait of the holier than thou brigade, We only need to look to  the catholic church to see evidence of that 

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Not really. But would I be surprised? No. Would I go to the police? No.

I would just tell him to <deleted> off.

But what if this were then misunderstood, perhaps purposely, as <deleted> me, and you were dragged into an alley and <deleted> in the <deleted>, devastating your hemorrhoids. Police? But many here, including yourself, would agree that was your own fault--one way or the other. Never mind the crime. Suck it up. Unless a Thai did it--TOTALLY different. You poor innocent persecuted farang! Get that Thai!

Actually if more farang would report their being groped by ladyboys--who profess not to like it--the police might take action. Detrimental to tourism. 

Other crimes? Would you report your wallet taken? Yes, it's a crime, and you didn't like it besides. Were you to blame for walking where gold necklaces have been reportedly snatched?  Oh--you were. No police, then.???? No sympathy, either. Suck it up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

This thread seems to touch a sensitive part of obvious liberal mind-sets which it should.  The world outside is not as civilized as people think and what was an error in judgement with the dance teacher would have not caused any concern for the hundreds of working girls there unless it was threatening her with physical harm (we can't see the whole story from the above).  The tolerance of these working girls for being poked and prodded, and molested by would-be clients is shocking when viewed by the outside.  I just don't go to the gogo scene and I would suggest you keep your wives and daughters away from there too or also end up trying to get the BIB to help you sort it out at 3am which is easy to avoid.  It's not Kansas anymore!

On 9/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, BigStar said:

But what if this were then misunderstood, perhaps purposely, as <deleted> me, and you were dragged into an alley and <deleted> in the <deleted>, devastating your hemorrhoids. Police? But many here, including yourself, would agree that was your own fault--one way or the other. Never mind the crime. Suck it up. Unless a Thai did it--TOTALLY different. You poor innocent persecuted farang! Get that Thai!

Actually if more farang would report their being groped by ladyboys--who profess not to like it--the police might take action. Detrimental to tourism. 

Other crimes? Would you report your wallet taken? Yes, it's a crime, and you didn't like it besides. Were you to blame for walking where gold necklaces have been reportedly snatched?  Oh--you were. No police, then.???? No sympathy, either. Suck it up.

Wow, thats quite a tangential rant !!!....   Project much ??? Someones got a few issues to sort out !!! :cheesy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Richard1950 said:

So the wokies and virtue signallers have reared their heads in Thailand now. A tiny minority of anally retentive morons trying to tell the rest of the world how to live.

No, sexual assault has long been a crime in Thailand, nothing to do with any modern wokism.

It may not always be reported, owing to victim shaming (especially characteristic of Third World countries). It may be "handled" by family members, boyfriends, etc.

But here, owing to the courage and to the credit (expanded credit line soon, ha ha) of this lady, it's been reported, and since it IS a crime in Thailand, the perp has been arrested and will make restitution. Let the word get around among the gropers.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Would you care to elucidate?

I doubt that he will, he has commented on 2 of my posts now and mentioned Donald Trump ( and not much else) when doing so in both cases,      I don't think he really understands what is being discussed here but feels he will  gain some woke points by spluttering out "trump"  now and again That is the only explanation I can think of for his bizarre behaviour. I think he may be a bit "special"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:
43 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

51 year old Indian apparently 

200,000 to say sorry ….

Can you say where you got that information, thanks?

Scratch what I wrote earlier... [would be extremely Naive if I were to go to this area with my Wife]..

... the area is a potentially decent earner...  We’re our way video camera in hand !!!... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, sexual assault has long been a crime in Thailand, nothing to do with any modern wokism.

It may not always be reported, owing to victim shaming (especially characteristic of Third World countries). It may be "handled" by family members, boyfriends, etc.

But here, owing to the courage and to the credit (expanded credit line soon, ha ha) of this lady, it's been reported, and since it IS a crime in Thailand, the perp has been arrested and will make restitution. Let the word get around among the gropers.

Exactly how much "courage" does it take to report a crime to the police ?  Not a lot,  especially when a share of 200,000 baht is the outcome.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Scratch what I wrote earlier... [would be extremely Naive if I were to go to this area with my Wife]..

... the area is a potentially decent earner...  We’re our way video camera in hand !!!... 

I love the sarcasm.

If this is all factual, meaning a "foreigner" inappropriately touched a female in Walking St, then she reports it to the RTP and there is now talk of 200,000 baht fine, not sure the legitimacy of that but, isn't it going open up the floodgates to similar situations?Easy money?

• Like 1

Highly amusing thread!!

Funny how on numerous night-time strolls in this area I as a very "hansum man" have never been groped by either boys , ladyboys or female hookers!!

Clearly the guys getting this attention are giving out signals that they are welcoming such attention!!

They then of course pretend the attention from the ladyboys is unwelcome, while secretly getting a cheap thrill.

I have always been relatively sober, however.. adding vast quantities of alcohol is never a good move in this situation.

Lot's of double standards in this thread, which I expected to see.   Plenty of girls do the groping in this town as well.   It's nigh on impossible to walk down certain streets without being sexually assaulted on the way through.   

It's kind of funny how those that suggest that a women should be able to walk down any street she likes, wearing whatever she wants and should not receive unwanted attention (which she should of course), but if a guy gets unwanted attention then he should know better than to come to pattaya and walk down certain streets.  

I just hope we are not witnessing the birth of a new scam as collecting 200k from whatever the grope was sounds a lot easier and more profitable than selling sex at 1k a go.   I doubt it would be too difficult to engineer an unwanted grope from the average drunken farang, especially if the police are onside (which they will be) by taking a significant chunk of that 200k as well.

• Like 2