How to become a criminal in Thailand without being in the country

15 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Can't be bothered

4 hours ago, mario111 said:

After the many comments, I'll write something again, although I really only wanted to share the story.

I can understand why so many people think it's a fake story. When I first heard about this alleged arrest warrant from '94, I couldn't believe it myself. I thought it was a mix up. But I have a photo of the entry from the immigration file in front of me. I have to rely on the lawyer for the translation and of course I will not share it here.

I think BritTim's analysis is pretty close to the truth. The contacts of the lady in question deliberately chose a date of 30 years ago, so that the trail cannot be traced back to them. And of course it's impossible for me to prove that I wasn't in Thailand 30 years ago.

Suppose I would have the entry reviewed by a court. What would happen? Thais would never admit that the judiciary in the promised land of Buddha is so corrupt that an arrest warrant can simply be planted on someone after the fact. Thailand is perfect and when in doubt, it's the foreigner's fault. Besides, I just don't think it's worth bothering with anymore.

Once again it became clear to me that Thailand is unfortunately a banana republic in which you have absolutely no rights. And there are so many beautiful countries (Bali, Spain, ...) where you can live comfortably. It's certainly not perfect there either, and the countries have their own problems, but at least they're not thoroughly corrupt like Thailand.

I don't care if someone believes me or not, that's up to you. In Thailand you can live very comfortably, there are wonderful people there and I begrudge everyone if they are happy here. For me personally it's just like that, after the experiences here I prefer other countries.

Nonsense story without any proof.

Edited by FritsSikkink

4 hours ago, TheMysteriousMrTesla said:

Why not, it would lend credibility to your story?

I do not think an easily faked lawyers report would add much to the credibility. Knowing more about the woman who felt herself wronged, and what happened during those three days they were together would go a long way into deciding me on the credibility. I would be very surprised if the OP wanted to go into that.

EDIT: This kind of tale usually ends up being completely fabricated or embroidered. However, that is not always the case. I am aware of something a little comparable from many years ago. An air hostess (correct term at the time) of Thai Airways International ended up being involved with a Westerner who she met during a flight and a few times subsequently. The guy took her virginity and later dropped her. It turns out the girl was the daughter of a senior Thai general who took steps to ensure that the guy would never again be able to set foot in Thailand. It can happen, but only if rich, powerful families are involved.

Edited by BritTim