Where Should I Start Looking?

Hi all,

I am thinking of staying in Bangkok for 1-2 months. All I really need is a one bed room apartment in a not so happening - semi happening area with internet connection being a must as I need it for work. Semi furnished is okay and walking distance to a train station is a must. I am thinking of staying there starting early July. My budget is a maximum of 7000-8000BHT a month. Can I get a decent place with this? If yes, where should I start looking? It would be better if I had some places scheduled to be visited before I touchdown in Thailand instead of just going there and start looking. I tried searching over google but all I got was expensive high class service apartments and short term hotels. Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

(P.S. I'm a tourist, if that's going to bring up any complications)

Edited by stanny

Hi fluididee,

Thanks for this. Maybe you can present me with different options. I've been looking and contacting some. I've got a good offer of around 7k BHT for a studio with an additional 750 for internet connection in Sathorn Road. My most important criteria is a stable internet connection to international locations. A swimming pool would be a plus point. As for the location, I'm not really sure. I am kind of a Thai newbie. My length of stay is 1-2 months.

Regards

stanny you could try www.mrroomfinder.com for an idea of prices in different areas.

Of course, this site may not be the best value for money, but doesnt seem to bad.

Best of luck.