Russia appreciates Thailand's understanding of reasons behind special operation — Lavrov

webfact

This conflict between two ideals started way back in 1949, when the US planned to invade and bomb Russia into submission. They would they break the country into 4. I think it was operation 'toeclip' or similar.  But there was some caution as some thought that Russia also had the nuclear bomb. And then the Korean war got in the way. The plans were put on hold. And the cold-war gradually ensued.

During Gorbachev's and Yeltsin's tenures it did seem that Russia was adopting the US way of doing things. But along came Putin, who put the interests of Russians first. Even after the US promoted regime change in 2014. Pres' Putin wanted caution. The communist party particularly wanted Russia to stop the slaughter of Russian speaking civilians in the Donbas(s).  The build up of forces in late 2021 and January of 2022 in the Russian-speaking areas of Ukraine was the ignition of the 'special operation'. The rest is known to all.

But not necessarily the facts and truth. In the west it is simply a one-way propaganda street. In fact the majority of the world see things differently. It seemed to me that as well as wanting to weaken Russia, the US wanted to plunder Ukraine. Large swathes of Ukraine would be sold off to corporate America. Russia would not play the game or bend the knee, and we are where we are.

This conflict will be seen, IMO, to be a major nail in the coffin of their dominance the the US dollar.

I think Thailand know which side its bread is buttered. Fair play to them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually the Russian armed forces have been carrying out a mighty good job of donating plenty of their own military equipment to Ukraine while they withdraw from the Ukraine onslaught.....

LOL, you've made my morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voulez vous said:

This conflict between two ideals started way back in 1949, when the US planned to invade and bomb Russia into submission. They would they break the country into 4. I think it was operation 'toeclip' or similar.  But there was some caution as some thought that Russia also had the nuclear bomb. And then the Korean war got in the way. The plans were put on hold. And the cold-war gradually ensued.

During Gorbachev's and Yeltsin's tenures it did seem that Russia was adopting the US way of doing things. But along came Putin, who put the interests of Russians first. Even after the US promoted regime change in 2014. Pres' Putin wanted caution. The communist party particularly wanted Russia to stop the slaughter of Russian speaking civilians in the Donbas(s).  The build up of forces in late 2021 and January of 2022 in the Russian-speaking areas of Ukraine was the ignition of the 'special operation'. The rest is known to all.

But not necessarily the facts and truth. In the west it is simply a one-way propaganda street. In fact the majority of the world see things differently. It seemed to me that as well as wanting to weaken Russia, the US wanted to plunder Ukraine. Large swathes of Ukraine would be sold off to corporate America. Russia would not play the game or bend the knee, and we are where we are.

This conflict will be seen, IMO, to be a major nail in the coffin of their dominance the the US dollar.

I think Thailand know which side its bread is buttered. Fair play to them.

I think you should stick to Snow White for your preferred fairy story.

• Like 2

Russians need to get out of Ukraine, hand over its leaders to the international court and pay war repatriations.

Want to see Putin & Lavrov in shackles but they will probably be killed off in a month way things are going

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I think you should stick to Snow White for your preferred fairy story.

He did tell a very beautiful fairytale didn't he, especially when he used the reference to bend the knee, must be a Game of Thrones fan...

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

Don't believe Western propaganda.

I do not believe only drunk russian trolls, I watch russian news I speak fluent russian. Do not tell me drunk nonsense about western propoganda. Propoganda is only in russian mentality since soviet union time.

• Like 1

Looks like the Russians still rile people up. As should be the case. It's a brutal government in the main supported by a coarse, brutal population, it seems. Thailand may have made a mistake, however, in betting on neutrality that favors the Russians. The Ukrainian blitz is recapturing territory and the Russians are fleeing like whipped dogs. I admit I was fooled by Russian propaganda about all their superweapons and supersoldiers. Turns out their hypersonic missiles, atomic powered cruise missiles, superior performing stealth fighters, and robot operated tanks are just a pile of junk. Like the rest of their military material, which is going up in flames even as I write this. And their supersoldiers have turned out to be either 1) cowards 2) war criminals committing atrocities or 3) a combination of both. 

I can't figure out what Russia has actually done for Thailand to get siuch praise from the Junta, sold them some grain, oil??  Sdded a couple hundred more prostitutes in Pattaya, criminals on the run, drug dealers/importers/exporters........dunno.   Peace

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is when I really miss the laughter emoticon.

I read this and wonder where your information comes from Fox News and the alternative/social media come to mind.

Conspiracy theories by the bucket load with little evidence to back it up.

Still if it keeps you happy, it certainly makes me laugh.

Actually, all a neutral observer needs to do is - wait...
The facts will reveal themselves over time, one way or the other.

24 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Thailand may have made a mistake, however, in betting on neutrality that favors the Russians.

One the flip side?  Natural gas won't cost 4+ times the price that the common folk in the EU will be paying, if they get gas at all.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Every day another $1bn flows into Russia from oil and gas exports. Thanks to the countries that are still buying from them.

Money flow only to putin and company, people live in extreme poverty, whole regions  have no gas, people live in wooden barracks, half destroyed appartments with wooden toilets outside. Russian rouble is not strong, you just cannot exchange it anywhere. Sober up my friend, You have nothing to say to those people who know what is really going on in russia. People in russia are always on their knees in front of putin, like in north korea, and this is biggest difference between russians and ukrainians. putin is turning russians into meat in Ukraine.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Looks like the Russians still rile people up. As should be the case. It's a brutal government in the main supported by a coarse, brutal population, it seems. Thailand may have made a mistake, however, in betting on neutrality that favors the Russians. The Ukrainian blitz is recapturing territory and the Russians are fleeing like whipped dogs. I admit I was fooled by Russian propaganda about all their superweapons and supersoldiers. Turns out their hypersonic missiles, atomic powered cruise missiles, superior performing stealth fighters, and robot operated tanks are just a pile of junk. Like the rest of their military material, which is going up in flames even as I write this. And their supersoldiers have turned out to be either 1) cowards 2) war criminals committing atrocities or 3) a combination of both. 

I tell you, during first days of the war, when the ukrainians captured a russian tank, they were shocked to see wooden stool instead of the usual seat inside the tank, It was all on tv