Thais turning to aubergines under the coffin trick to get the lottery numbers - what next!

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: "Makheua" numbers under a coffin

Thailand is almost at fever pitch as another lottery draw is coming tomorrow, Friday.

Experts are looking for ways to get the all important numbers like the last three digits. 

The latest craze is passing makheua or small Thai green aubergines under the coffins of dead people, then cutting them up to divine the numbers, reported Sanook

This worked for a drawing in August with many winning on the number 358 following a guy's TikTok post about his departed gran.

Now the same person's aunt has shuffled off her mortal coil too and this time the numbers are different.

In a viral video viewed two million times people were being told to back 868 or 550 on the back of aunty's demise.

It seems Thais will go anywhere for an edge in winning the lottery, notes ASEAN NOW.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

@ominho44 หลังจากที่ส่งยายขึ้นนอนปราสาทหลังงาม เรามาผ่ามะเขือดูกัน.... ???? #โปรดใช้วิจารณญาณในการชม #ความเชื่อส่วนบุคคลนะครับ #โชคดีนะครับ ♬ เสียงต้นฉบับ - SLMUSIC
  • Haha 2

Only in Thailand do they pray to Buddha statues, rub powder on trees, look for animals with many body parts and so on as a way to divine the lottery numbers.  To believe this crazy feces is just like the old wives tail about getting your hair cut or washed on a Wednesday as being bad luck.....only in Thailand.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only in Thailand do they pray to Buddha statues, rub powder on trees, look for animals with many body parts and so on as a way to divine the lottery numbers.  To believe this crazy feces is just like the old wives tail about getting your hair cut or washed on a Wednesday as being bad luck.....only in Thailand.....

Sceptic! There's nothing luckier than a green aubergine or a two headed lizard! ????

Thai culture is rooted deeply in superstition and the occult, The idea of having your tarot cards read at a Buddhist temple, highlights this mish-mash of cultures and superstition and its ones of the things I love about Thailand. And if it makes people happy and gives them a sense of hope, well good luck to them.. I'd rather read about these cultural oddities than the corruption, nepotism and criminality that seems to dominated the political news recently. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

9 hours ago, jonclark said:

And if it makes people happy and gives them a sense of hope, well good luck to them.. I'd rather read about these cultural oddities than the corruption, nepotism and criminality that seems to dominated the political news recently. 

You don't think they're two sides of the same coin?

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

The story is wrong .....

actually they are not Aubergines at all,  aubergines are a long purple color.

The one's shown are commonly referred to as small eggplant which is their correct description.

I thought they were the same thing...Aubergine being a French word mostly used in Europe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought they were the same thing...Aubergine being a French word mostly used in Europe. 

well the internet shows Aubergines as the long purple one's only, and it lists these as small eggplant so I'm just saying. maybe your right ... 

21 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

My wife rolls up pieces of paper numbered 1-10 throws them on the floor and picks the ones the cat touches. Good as anything I guess.

I posted many years ago how my mad ex would try to decipher the markings on the back of toads as numbers.

Therefore, one night, I went into our garden, caught a big toad, and wrote some numbers on its back with indelible black marker pen..

The whoops of joy the next day after she found the toad the next day were only tempered the following day after she didn't win!

Mad bat!!

• Haha 1