TAT Launches Coach Convoys to Boost Domestic Tourism

webfact

Sorry?....coach trips why wouldn't a local person just take their car if they wanted to go to another province. Both cheaper if you have a family and more convenient. 

Obviously coaches and buses are a vital public transport.,.but for tours in the 21st century for domestic tourism. Nope.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Sorry?....coach trips why wouldn't a local person just take their car if they wanted to go to another province

The family/village car may be required for other purposes and cannot be out of action for the period of travel without incurring major financial penalties.

It also makes sense to take a coach and depend on public transport upon arrival if you expect a large percentage of your holiday to involve consuming alcohol. Although I doubt many people on these coaches will go through this particular thought process.

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

The family/village car may be required for other purposes and cannot be out of action for the period of travel without incurring major financial penalties.

It also makes sense to take a coach and depend on public transport upon arrival if you expect a large percentage of your holiday to involve consuming alcohol. Although I doubt many people on these coaches will go through this particular thought process.

What do you mean when you say "the family car is out of action without incurring major financial penalties"?  Do you mean like a fine or something? Can you elaborate please?

50 minutes ago, jonclark said:

What do you mean when you say "the family car is out of action without incurring major financial penalties"?  Do you mean like a fine or something? Can you elaborate please?

Taking 20 illegal migrants to the workplace at 50 baht per head.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

god I couldn't think of anything worse than a three or four day coach trip up north. 

With the greatest respect, many of those up north would think the same about a trip down south to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc. Certainly me when I lived in Thailand! 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Yes I'll elaborate, if it's that difficult to comprehend....

Mr Somchai has access to the family vehicle for taking the kids to school and running errands when needed. Most of the time, however, the vehicle is used by the family business to deliver coffee bags to customers.

If Mr and Mrs Somchai would love to take this kids away for a long weekend, however if they take the care, the rest of the family will no longer be able to deliver coffee bags to customers. Therefore the financial penalty for taking the car on holiday is too big to justify.

I honestly didn't think it was that difficult a concept to grasp...

It's hardly a new concept. Local Governments, schools and even some companies have been arranging these trips for years. As @PETERTHEEATER says, they are a pain in the butt to other drivers both on the highways and especially on the narrower roads when nearing their destination.

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

These convoys travel only in the outside lane with minimum separation between buses and at high cruising speeds and freedom of interference from Highway Police. No more, please!

And when the lead one slides off the road, the rest follow like lemmings , I expect !

9 hours ago, jonclark said:

Sorry?....coach trips why wouldn't a local person just take their car if they wanted to go to another province. Both cheaper if you have a family and more convenient. 

Obviously coaches and buses are a vital public transport.,.but for tours in the 21st century for domestic tourism. Nope.

There you go and spoil it by being logical

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Yes I'll elaborate, if it's that difficult to comprehend....

Mr Somchai has access to the family vehicle for taking the kids to school and running errands when needed. Most of the time, however, the vehicle is used by the family business to deliver coffee bags to customers.

If Mr and Mrs Somchai would love to take this kids away for a long weekend, however if they take the care, the rest of the family will no longer be able to deliver coffee bags to customers. Therefore the financial penalty for taking the car on holiday is too big to justify.

I honestly didn't think it was that difficult a concept to grasp...

Oh i see, so when you say financial penalty you meant to say the car is being used for the business. 

Do you think it worth me telling Mr. & Mrs Somchai about Kerry, J&T and Lazada delivery services. That's how my coffee gets delivered each month? They would then be free to enjoy their holiday in their vehicle.  (and save on staff time and petrol cost delivering it themselves)

14 hours ago, jonclark said:

Do you think it worth me telling Mr. & Mrs Somchai about Kerry, J&T and Lazada delivery services. That's how my coffee gets delivered each month? They would then be free to enjoy their holiday in their vehicle.  (and save on staff time and petrol cost delivering it themselves)

When you questioned my comment the first time, I kind of got the impression that you didn't t have much idea how many people in this country live on a day to day basis. With this new comment I am now 100% sure.

So, just to help out one last time, the reason people with a small local coffee-delivery business (and I hope you understand that this particular business was just an example) can't use Kerry to make thier deliveries around town is that is costs money! Thus they have to increase the amount they charge and lose a significant competitive advantage.

5 hours ago, JayClay said:

When you questioned my comment the first time, I kind of got the impression that you didn't t have much idea how many people in this country live on a day to day basis. With this new comment I am now 100% sure.

So, just to help out one last time, the reason people with a small local coffee-delivery business (and I hope you understand that this particular business was just an example) can't use Kerry to make thier deliveries around town is that is costs money! Thus they have to increase the amount they charge and lose a significant competitive advantage.

Oh dear.