Battery dead in new “keyless go “ Honda Click 160

MikaQ5

Ok so as the title suggests I have a dead battery Honda Click 160 ( new model only 4 months old ) 

When I went to start it today I noticed I had left the ignition in the ON position and now it seems that has drained the battery 

I turned the switch to the “ off “ position but it won’t return to the “ On “ position for starting ( it feels locked etc ) 

I presume because the battery is dead ????????

It’s my first bike / first time experiencing a dead battery so please excuse how I’m describing what’s happening ( I was under the impression that if the ignition had been foolishly left on that the battery disconnected to preserve power - is that correct ? )

so to all the more mechanically minded people - what are my options ?

can you jump start a bike / remove and charge battery etc ??

( this model bike does not have a kick start etc ) 

The scourge of having a keyless system.

It has happened to me so many times on  my PCX, I have lost count. It's not that I don't turn off the ignition. The switch seems to go so far, then won't go any further unless you wait a second or two. Really annoying.

If you don't turn  the switch off properly, the  battery will drain and yes, the  ignition switch will lock.

I sold my previous PCX because the battery kept going flat every time I left the bike for three or four days. I thought there must have been a short.

The person I sold it to has never had any problems.

I even used to turn off the remote, but always the same.

As blackcab posted.

If similar to the PCX, look for a small removable panel near the ignition key. Remove that, and  you can use the plastic emergency thingy to open the seat to access the battery.

It might be worth keeping some jump leads for such occasions. Or buy a battery charger. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

3. Jumpstart or boost the battery from another vehicle. (Most taxis have cables) 

Don't leave the bike switched on again...

If having access to battery, easiest to do, if having cables & another vehicle to use.  12v to 12v should be no problem.

I've done in the past, and works same as car to car jumping.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

charged the battery overnight. Good to go after that. The battery is quite small so easy to discharge. 

The usual scooters have a small 6 AH battery.

Likely bigger in such a 160 model.

But I guess it is still less an hour needed to recharge to the point where you can start.

My small old charger does about 3 A at the beginning. I do not use the big car charger.

Our old Honda Click still has an emergency kickstart.

Need to put the bike on the center stand.

But the first time I wanted to use it, it was completely stuck :biggrin:
Needed some oil.

Quite poor that forgetting to turn the key still drains the battery. How much would a simple timer cost?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the replies 

@blackcabit does have this emergency key system ( now I just have to find where I packed the damm key 55 )

Am I correct in thinking that this only opens the seat , and doesn’t release the ignition lock / steering lock etc ??

Where the bike is parked a car can’t get to it so jumping is out (or can it be jumped from another small bike ?) 

If jumping is out I’ll remove  the battery and take it to a shop to charge it 

Presume a such a small battery can charge quickly ? 

Are those 800b  power banks on Lazada useful in these situations , can it jump a bike etc ?

Thanks 

10 hours ago, blackcab said:

Does the Click have the same emergency key system as the PCX?

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

As blackcab posted.

If similar to the PCX, look for a small removable panel near the ignition key. Remove that, and  you can use the plastic emergency thingy to open the seat to access the battery.

I don't think he needs to access the seat compartment. Clicks used to have the battery under a removable plastic panel in the front but I think newer models have it under a panel where the feet rest. Just unscrew and that's it.

@MikaQ5: check your user manual how to access the battery, it's probably the page I attached

1472390645_ScreenShot2022-09-18at09_43_47.png.96769abe67a7e2d8c0cda05172318122.png

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MikaQ5 said:

Are those 800b  power banks on Lazada useful in these situations , can it jump a bike etc ?

If they are made for jump starting and supply 12V. A generic power bank might not supply enough amps and have no connector for batteries. I use this one from Xiaomi for jump starting my car and bikes if needed: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-70mai-jump-starter-70-mai-power-bank-11100mah-with-bag-car-jumpstarter-auto-buster-car-emergency-booster-i406928267-s789796336.html

I'm sure there are cheaper ones too. I wouldn't try the 3x AAA battery thing unless I'm really desperate and out of options. You'd have to connect them in series and then the positive and negative terminals to the battery somehow with some conductive material while at the same time not touching it with your skin.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You'd have to connect them in series and then the positive and negative terminals to the battery somehow with some conductive material while at the same time not touching it with your skin.

That is what tape is for, have you ever heard of tape?

54 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

That is what tape is for, have you ever heard of tape?

Duh. It's obviously easy to do but why do this ghetto style <deleted> unless you have no other options? And a lot of people don't realize the dangers of electricity. Touching it is probably the lesser danger.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, bkk6060 said:

I hate it.  Changed my battery on my Aerox 4 times. If it is locked you are S..... There is some code you can put to unlock it, but I have no clue what it is. Never again.

You bought 4 new batteries ? 
Can these small batteries not just be recharged ?( like you would do with  a flat car battery etc ) 

On 9/19/2022 at 3:35 PM, eisfeld said:

Duh. It's obviously easy to do but why do this ghetto style <deleted> unless you have no other options? And a lot of people don't realize the dangers of electricity. Touching it is probably the lesser danger.

oh yes 3 AA batteries do post a real danger

the real danger is you taking 3 AA batteries seriously, stay safe 

5 hours ago, Dante99 said:

oh yes 3 AA batteries do post a real danger

the real danger is you taking 3 AA batteries seriously, stay safe 

And you connect these to what? Think a little bit further. But you are right: stay safe kids, use proper tools.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

And you connect these to what? Think a little bit further. But you are right: stay safe kids, use proper tools.

and use your brains too

the suggestion of 3 AA batteries was certainly not a serious one and I am sorry you took it to be, my apologies for the inconveninece

I did the exact same thing on a rental Click.  The rental shop came out with a replacement battery which they have because it happens all the time. 

I don't get the benefit of the whole annoying keyless system.  You still have to carry the key fob everywhere.  How hard is it to stick the key in and turn it that it needed to be replaced by some complicated technology? 

Edited by ricklev
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

and use your brains too

the suggestion of 3 AA batteries was certainly not a serious one and I am sorry you took it to be, my apologies for the inconveninece

Haha sure, not serious. That's why you doubled down on it ???? 

Has nothing to do with using one's brain. Many people are unaware of the dangers. The amps potentially flowing can have some "fun" effects. Even at low voltages. Stay safe kids and don't follow everything you read on some forum if it sounds a bit sketchy without further research.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Haha sure, not serious. That's why you doubled down on it ???? 

yep, doubled down to see what else I might catch.  it was a joke that turned out to be a troll

got to be a true idiot to think that 3 AA batteries could start or even had a chance to start a motorcycle

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

yep, doubled down to see what else I might catch.  it was a joke that turned out to be a troll

got to be a true idiot to think that 3 AA batteries could start or even had a chance to start a motorcycle

Oh it was a Joke - haw haw 

good lad ????