Foreigners infected with COVID-19 can visit Thailand

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Thailand might be desperate to revive tourism but removing all COVID restrictions is the right thing to do regardless. As I wrote earlier - most of the world has moved on long ago.

So my post was not BS. Please retract your post above which called my post BS.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Considering that hospitalisation / hospitelisation hasn't been a requirement for well over a year, no, obviously.

Do you have some source for this? I was in Thailand in the beginning of this year and it was definitely required back then.

5 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Like so many others. How about 'Fortress Australia'? Forbade entry AND exit to its own citizens for more than a year, and now ...

From 9 September 2022, masks are no longer required on flights travelling to Australia.

From July 6 2022, the way you travel to and from Australia has changed. All travellers should be aware that:

- People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/entering-and-leaving-australia

That's soooo 2021. The next Big Thing will be along shortly..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Leaving the medical stuff to one side, there has been (unfortunately) a 'need' to be vaccinated, until very recently, in order to travel internationally with any degree of ease.

I just went to the US and 'being vaccinated' was mandatory and checked rigorously by the airline here at check-in (but not, of course, on arrival in the US). Of course, the fact that my vaccination was a year ago and so unlikely to be of any use to anyone was irrelevant as far as the CDC criteria are concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Falcon said:

What desperation for the almighty tourist $ will do to a countries entry rules!! Rediculous. Now we have gone full circle and gone from shutting down the country to allowing anyone with the virus in. After 27 years here you’d think there was nothing that would surprise me about thailand anymore but I was obviously wrong. Greed without exception!!!

Umm, in case you haven't heard, the pandemic is over and Thailand is joining the ranks of other countries, so I wouldn't call it greed, it is timing more than anything.

Lets all move along now, nothing to see here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Leaving the medical stuff to one side, there has been (unfortunately) a 'need' to be vaccinated, until very recently, in order to travel internationally with any degree of ease.

I just went to the US and 'being vaccinated' was mandatory and checked rigorously by the airline here at check-in (but not, of course, on arrival in the US). Of course, the fact that my vaccination was a year ago and so unlikely to be of any use to anyone was irrelevant as far as the CDC criteria are concerned.

The comment I replied to (which I am pasting below) referred to Suvarnabhumi:

"Question is whether Thailand will also do away with the need to be vaccinated. I was asked to show proof of vaccination at Suvarnabhumi when returning last week."

I travelled from Bangkok to Europe and back in 2021 and 2022 and was never asked to show proof of vaccination.

I challenge anyone to prove vaccination was ever required to travel from Suvarnabhumi. It was not.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

the pandemic is over

The various government declared "pandemic" declarations of COVID may be ending in various places by various agencies. And yes, treatments are getting better and Omicron has generally been milder.

But that doesn't mean COVID the virus and disease is over and done, because it's not and there's no sign it's going to vanish off the health landscape any time soon.

It may be just a matter of waiting for the next wave or a next variant of the virus that causes a different kind or level of health problems.

COVID: EU warns 'completely new' strains possible this winter

Amid concerns about a new wave of infections this fall and winter, the European Commission urged member-states to start rolling out COVID booster shots as soon as possible.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-eu-warns-completely-new-strains-possible-this-winter/a-63006769

Is a Fall COVID-19 Surge Coming to the U.S.?

"The combination of waning COVID-19 immunity and colder weather on the horizon that will see more people heading indoors could send infections right back up, with the trend reversing as soon as next month.

“We are expecting a rise,” says Ali Mokdad, an epidemiologist with the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

“The rise will be in reported cases. There'll be a rise in hospitalization and mortality but not as high proportionally to the rise in cases simply because many of us – the majority of Americans right now – have been either infected or vaccinated or both, so we have some immunity.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2022-09-02/is-a-fall-covid-19-surge-coming-to-the-u-s

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Like so many others. How about 'Fortress Australia'? Forbade entry AND exit to its own citizens for more than a year, and now ...

From 9 September 2022, masks are no longer required on flights travelling to Australia.

From July 6 2022, the way you travel to and from Australia has changed. All travellers should be aware that:

- People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/entering-and-leaving-australia

Question is whether Thailand will also do away with the need to be vaccinated. I was asked to show proof of vaccination at Suvarnabhumi when returning last week. 

There is no need to show proof of vaccination at Suvarnabhumi airport and never was.

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But that doesn't mean COVID the virus and disease is over and done, because it's not and there's no sign it's going to vanish off the health landscape any time soon.

Covid will be around just like the cold and flu, and will also have many variants which will be tracked, same as the flu.

People, older people and immunocompromised people would be wise to get their annual jabs, like the flu.

I can't see a variant kicking up like it was before, as they usually start off lethal and then wane, but on the rare chance, can become deadly again, that said, while the sun is shining, we should make hay of it.

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I can't see a variant kicking up like it was before, as they usually start off lethal and then wane, but on the rare chance, can become deadly again, that said, while the sun is shining, we should make hay of it.

I believe some people have claimed here before, I believe without any credible proof, that virus mutations always become less virulent with time.

From what I've read, there's little to no scientific evidence that that's always the case... may be sometimes... may not be other times.

IMHO, best to stay up-to-date with COVID vaccinations and follow basic, common sense health precautions against COVID -- unless someone wants to end up being a COVID guinea pig for whatever variant comes next.

Fact check: Yes, viruses can mutate to become more deadly

The claim: Viruses never mutate to become more lethal

" Experts say viral mutation is a complex calculus but there are several instances where viruses have evolved into more lethal strains."

"Our rating: False

Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that viruses never mutate to become more lethal. Ebola, the West Nile virus and the Spanish flu from the 1918 pandemic are all examples of viruses that became more lethal after mutating, experts say."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/07/14/fact-check-viruses-can-mutate-become-more-deadly/7839167002/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Right, so what can we do do fight this new surge then? A fifth booster? Or is it sixth now? I lost count.

Or you could just do what at risk people do and take a yearly booster the same as with the flu. I don't think anyone is contemplating counting how many shots you take altogether apart from you.

2 hours ago, Alldar said:

Do you have some source for this? I was in Thailand in the beginning of this year and it was definitely required back then.

Here the government advice in July 2021 about how to self isolate at home if you have Covid.  

And (anecdotal I know) my friend tested positive for Covid in the Phuket sandbox in November 2021 and they were allowed to isolate in their room until they tested negative.  No hospital, no hospitel.  Honestly, they dropped that thing long ago.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 3.13.11 PM.png

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Or you could just do what at risk people do and take a yearly booster the same as with the flu. I don't think anyone is contemplating counting how many shots you take altogether apart from you.

The covid jabs only provide for upto 3 months, thats why people are on their 4th or even 5th in some cases.

A yearly jab is not nearly as profitable as something that needs 3 or 4 per year.

Anyway as we can see the world is moving on, the people that didn't get vaccinated have not all died and have they have not caused a mad rush at the hopsitals as previously predicted by some.

if your old or pretty ill then perhaps consider taking the jab.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced and unsubstantiated claims removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Here the government advice in July 2021 about how to self isolate at home if you have Covid.  

And (anecdotal I know) my friend tested positive for Covid in the Phuket sandbox in November 2021 and they were allowed to isolate in their room until they tested negative.  No hospital, no hospitel.  Honestly, they dropped that thing long ago.

As far as I know the home isolation was allowed only on some places (e.g. Bangkok) only because there were not enough beds in hospitals. It wasn't your choice if you can do it or not. Secondly, there was always double standard and foreigners were treated differently than Thais. I had friend who was taken into hospital in January this year.

I just hope this ended by now.

6 minutes ago, ed strong said:

The covid jabs only provide for upto 3 months, thats why people are on their 4th or even 5th in some cases.

A yearly jab is not nearly as profitable as something that needs 3 or 4 per year.

Anyway as we can see the world is moving on, the people that didn't get vaccinated have not all died and have they have not caused a mad rush at the hopsitals as previously predicted by some.

if your old or pretty ill then perhaps consider taking the jab.

Oh its about money according to you. If that was the case then flu jabs would also be more than yearly.

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Or you could just do what at risk people do and take a yearly booster the same as with the flu.

There seem to be a large number of people, especially in bureaucracies. ready to tell us that "Covid is not the same as flu", and in the next breath tell us to get yearly vaccine boosters, the same as with the flu.

Curious, to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

There seem to be a large number of people, especially in bureaucracies. ready to tell us that "Covid is not the same as flu", and in the next breath tell us to get yearly vaccine boosters, the same as with the flu.

Curious, to say the least.

Covid's not the same as the flu, just because I gave a comparison to a yearly shot does not make it the same. Whats curious?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

There is no need to show proof of vaccination at Suvarnabhumi airport and never was.

Wrong on that one.  When I returned here in March I had to show proof of vaccination.  It possibly ended when the Thai Pass ended in July

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh its about money according to you. If that was the case then flu jabs would also be more than yearly.

Do you recall the 2010 swine flu pandemic, outrage at scientists and pharma but seems along time forgotten.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/jun/04/swine-flu-experts-big-pharmaceutical

HSBC: Biggest fine in history US 1.2b dollars, UK HSBC was fined 69m for being complicit in money laundering.

Apple: Fined 20m for deliberately slowing their batteries down on older models so customers would be forced to upgrade their phones when actually not needed.

You live In Thailand? You must see first hand the dialy corruption, imagine what you dont hear about or see? This unfortunately is how the world works / run, money and corruption.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Do you recall the 2010 swine flu pandemic, outrage at scientists and pharma but seems along time forgotten.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/jun/04/swine-flu-experts-big-pharmaceutical

HSBC: Biggest fine in history US 1.2b dollars, UK HSBC was fined 69m for being complicit in money laundering.

Apple: Fined 20m for deliberately slowing their batteries down on older models so customers would be forced to upgrade their phones when actually not needed.

You live In Thailand? You must see first hand the dialy corruption, imagine what you dont hear about or see? This unfortunately is how the world works / run, money and corruption.

Whats that got to do with a yearly flu jab comparison?

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wrong on that one.  When I returned here in March I had to show proof of vaccination.  It possibly ended when the Thai Pass ended in July

They probably asked you because they just assumed you were vaxxed as most people are. There were a few days of quarantine for unvaxxed travellers until May but it was never a requirement to be vaxxed to enter Thailand (or Europe), this is just misinformation which was widely spread by pro-pharmists.

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

They probably asked you because they just assumed you were vaxxed as most people are. There were a few days of quarantine for unvaxxed travellers until May but it was never a requirement to be vaxxed to enter Thailand (or Europe), this is just misinformation which was widely spread by pro-pharmists.

Wrong again.....