Thailand turns to Russia as foreign tourist revenue is projected to be only 21% of 2019 record figures

webfact

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The only thing that people I know would go for is the education, well apart from Geography ???? The richer, of course would choose the Uk, especially Scotland for the best unis/schools.

Even that is slowly changing as they are clamping down on schools teaching facts. They are inventing their own truths. As factual as the truth social truths lol

5 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I agree, Thailand has no shame or ethics or morals. It is all about money with the Thais and nothing else matters to them.

Yet on the 2nd March 2022 to the world Thailand voted to condemn Russia’s aggression in Ukraine which deplored Russia's invasion of Ukraine and demanded a full withdrawal of Russian forces.

Hypocritical actions by Thailand when money is concerned.

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Some would argue that the sanctions were due to Russia invading Ukraine but I don’t remember sanctions being put on another country  when she invaded other countries, particularly in the ME.

Absolutely, double standards. 

But back on topic, Thailand NOT taking part in sanctions is totally the right thing to do, why should we allow politics amongst other nations to affect us? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I agree, Thailand has no shame or ethics or morals. It is all about money with the Thais and nothing else matters to them.

I would argue that Thailand has more shame, ethics and morals than a lot of other countries but can’t give examples as that would be off topic.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You mean the Crimean war that Russia started back in her time?

Why did  UK declare war on Russia then and not now? Money

7 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Because maybe some day the shoe is on the other foot? What if China decided to invade Thailand? Wouldn’t it be nice if other countries came to your rescue?

Thai people belive in Karma. 

37 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

The global implications came about mostly due to the actions (sanctions against Russia) of the collective west. Without those actions, Russia would not have turned off the taps, exports of grain, fertiliser etc would be continuing, de-dollarisation would have been slower and inflation wouldn’t have been exported all over the world.

Some would argue that the sanctions were due to Russia invading Ukraine but I don’t remember sanctions being put on another country  when she invaded other countries, particularly in the ME.

Childish deflection again .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Absolutely, double standards. 

But back on topic, Thailand NOT taking part in sanctions is totally the right thing to do, why should we allow politics amongst other nations to affect us? 

Im starting to think you are trolling . Do you seriously believe that in todays global world , Thailand is immune from geopolitics lol ?

9 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I have most assuredly spent more time in Asia than you have. In fact, I was born here, grew up here and went to school here. 

I would venture that you probably don’t live here as surely, with your morals, you would not live in a region with unelected regimes, without shame, ethics or morals. But if you do live here and therefore support the economy, then what does that say about your shame, ethics and morals?

Very few people in the world make decisions based on single issues , its rarely a zero sum game.

You for example apparently seemed happy to do business with Russia whilst it was slaughtering Afghans , Chechens and Syrians ( amongst others). No doubt you had reasons to do so.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 2:35 AM, soi3eddie said:

Desperate statements from TAT and Ministry of Tourism and Sports to save face. Visitor numbers will remain down due to high airfares and once in Thailand they will likely spend less. There will be the best high season since 2019 but nothing like it once was. Globally people are suffering from huge increases in the cost of living. 

"Globally people are suffering from huge increases in the cost of living."

Your post is 100% correct, but TAT as per usual seem to be blissfully unaware of the final point made in your post, and if anything trying to attract tourists from Russia (although the invasion of Ukraine is not their fault) is not likely to sit well with the rest of the Western world, and if anything will drive people to other destinations.

(Note; Even prior to Covid and the invasion of the Ukraine, there were numerous posts on here about the "rude" attitude of many Russian tourists.) 

Edited by sambum
Change of text size
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Your logic/reasoning makes absolutely no sense at all.

You enquired if I’m familiar with the region and I replied in the affirmative. Makes lots of sense to me.

You expressed your disgust with some of the governments in the region so I assume that you do not live in this region. Makes even more sense to me.