Tangmo Nida’s Mother Gets Almost 10m Baht As Death Compensation

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff 

THE MOTHER of actress Pataratida Patcharawirapong, or Tangmo Nida, who drowned in Chao Phraya river during a speedboat trip in February this year, was given 400,000 baht in cash plus two cashier’s cheques totaling 1.6 million baht and a contract to pay her a salary of 30,000 baht a month for 20 years as compensation for her death yesterday (Sept. 21), Matichon newspaper said.

At a hearing in Nonthaburi court that lasted five hours, a settlement was reached with Mrs. Panida Siriyuttayothin, Tangmo Nida’s mother, having agreed to withdraw being the joint plaintiff in both the civil and criminal cases against the six suspects.

The six suspects are Mr. Tanupat Lerttaweewit, or Hi So Por, the speedboat owner; Mr. Paiboon Srikanchananan, or Robert or Bird, the amateur skipper; Ms. Wisapat Manomairat, or Sand; Ms. Idsarin Juthasuksawat, or Gatick, her manager; Mr. Nithat Keeratisuthisathorn, or Job; and Mr. M. Phim Thamtheerasri, their consultant,

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/21/tangmo-nidas-mother-gets-almost-10m-baht-as-death-compensation/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Give me some money and I'll withdraw it all         something a bit fishy here

But... who pays / provides all this money? Over many decades.

Or does this money come from a slush fund (actually from taxpayers)? And paid out regardless of guilt etc?

If she withdraws the charges does that mean they are no longer being charged with anything? How can that be? 

Always seemed that there was way too many police / celebrities / others involved in this case. 

In any even has there been an actual court case, and what was the result?

As seems normal in some cases more questions than answers and it all goes quiet and forgotten.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I thought she had been paid 30 million baht already.  Or was that fake news?

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/now-everyone-is-mad-at-tangmos-mom-for-taking-30m-baht-to-forgive-companions/

There are references to this article in the Bangkok News forum starting about page 25.

So much wrong with this case. Surely they need to actually charge the people involved or try them... i suspect this was just a terrible accident, all were drunk, all had been partying and all were having great fun until something awful happened. Sometimes terrible things do happen and it does not always need to be someones fault and someone to blame. You can be sure if it was one of her friends who are not famous then this would not of been heard of.

As far as I can see the defendants have basically agreed to pay some damages to the Mum to get her to drop the case. Probably works for everyone... The police probably would have a hard time proving any real crimes, the other people involved probably just want to move on with their lives and not be fighting in court for years, and the mother probably just wants a bit of money and probably realizes herself that it was just an accident.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

Sorry my mistake 2 checks totaling 1.6 so it is 9.2

30,000 x 240 = 7.2M, + 3.2M + 400,000 in my maths is 10.8M

4 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

Sorry my mistake 2 checks totaling 1.6 so it is 9.2

No you were correct the first time. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ross163103 said:

What were the defendants in this case guilty of(?), I never heard what exactly happened in this case, my wife doesn't really know either. I followed it for a while on the news but like a lot of cases in LOS, lots of grey areas.

They seem to be guilty of letting her get drunk as a skunk and possibly take drugs poor dear SHE WAS 37 not a child, but all very fishy a they tried to cover it up and didn't report it for 2 hours. Dec 11 next hearing, get the popcorn in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1