Any advantage for a foreigner to register his name in the Thai Registration Book (Blue Tabien Baan)?

14 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Been told over and over only advantage of a yellow book no residency cert needed for DMV

Pretty much. Why go through the hassle of getting it when you can just go to immigration every 5 years, and actually, you could do it the same time as your extension or 90 day reporting. 

If you are working, you can show your Work Permit, if you are not working, you have all the time in the world. 

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Holding a Yellow Tabien Baan house book has its advantages, there are no disadvantages other than the process it takes to get acquire it.

Not exactly true, many people laugh at farang having the card that they have only seen Burmese/Lao building labourers have. 

Also, if you are law abiding, you need written permission every time you leave the province you are registered in.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TaoNow said:

Kenny:

At the district office, try dressing in long pants and a tucked-in shirt, wai-ing them, and speaking in polite, respectful Thai.

Then see if they treat you differently than before. 

You don't need to wai the people there. I always wear shorts when I go there, even to get my blue Thai ID. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I used my pink id card to get covid jabs locally sooner than passport.

I use my yellow book to fly back into Thailand on a one way ticket from certain countries as well as drivers license here.

I consider it worth having if you live a distance from immigration.

It is better to have it than not, it could save your life! 

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

17 years here. No serious advantages getting a 'Yellow Book'. I originally applied for it cuz they said farangs could get free medical treatment if they had one. I went through a lot of palaver to to get one only for the Thai government decided to renege on that. Don't waste yer time applying for a 'Yellow Book'. No real advantages. It'll get you a 'Pink Card' but that ain't much better .

The yellow book is better than the ID card, perhaps. 

When getting citizenship, you need the yellow book. They are not interested in a pink card. It is associated with migrant workers. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The yellow book is better than the ID card, perhaps. 

When getting citizenship, you need the yellow book. They are not interested in a pink card. It is associated with migrant workers. 

Correct.

I had to pay 2900 baht for covid meds when i finally got it.

The local hospital said we will change that with your id card,

When we went back it turned out to only apply to local countries.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Correct.

I had to pay 2900 baht for covid meds when i finally got it.

The local hospital said we will change that with your id card,

When we went back it turned out to only apply to local countries.

Yes, the real Pink ID card has health insurance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

It helps a bit,if i go to my tambon health clinic i pay 100 baht for services.

What is it without the card? I think they give any discount mistakenly as they are not used to non-migrant workers having this card. It's about time foreigners on long term visas got another  type of card

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What is it without the card? I think they give any discount mistakenly as they are not used to non-migrant workers having this card. It's about time foreigners on long term visas got another  type of card

Not sure without the card but it ticks boxes,

In good will maybe.

I used to work here many years a go but my assigned place was Wang Sapung in Loei.

46 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

You can, I'm in the blue book.

The missus did it when I gave her the house, without telling me.

I have no idea how she did, she handles all paperwork nonsense.

I'm also in my wife's blue book, and we are not supposed to I read, but I am, so you can!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

I'm also in my wife's blue book, and we are not supposed to I read, but I am, so you can!

Either done long ago or in error at an office that didn't know the rules.

Not so long ago my local office denied any knowledge of the yellow book. 

I would very much doubt anyone would get into the blue book now. 

8 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I was first in her father's yellow book and when finely finished house, I was transferred in to her blue book, most likely they did not have anymore yellow books, but only speculations from my side. I was not even present, but it was same guy who gave me the yellow book first time.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I was first in her father's yellow book and when finely finished house, I was transferred in to her blue book, most likely they did not have anymore yellow books, but only speculations from my side. I was not even present, but it was same guy who gave me the yellow book first time.

Her father's yellow book?

Please confirm nationalities of your wife and her father. You are not making much sense.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mostly it's hassle and little benefit getting a yellow book, although they'll be on soon listing how great it is

Yellow book = pink card which equals more confusion because your name is printed in Thai and boarding cards in English.  Just stick to your driving licence. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i pay 100 baht with no card

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

I have/own three blue books and my name isn't in one of them. 

14 hours ago, connda said:

Like, you don't have to go to immigration to get a residence form that are required by some Thai bureaucracies, like the motor vehicle department.  I've got one.  It saves the occasional hassle of having to drive to immigration (30+ km for me).  Just saying.  It doesn't buy you much.

And it saves me a 160 km round trip to immigration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not exactly true, many people laugh at farang having the card that they have only seen Burmese/Lao building labourers have. 

Also, if you are law abiding, you need written permission every time you leave the province you are registered in.  

never had a Thai laugh at me except you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1