Any advantage for a foreigner to register his name in the Thai Registration Book (Blue Tabien Baan)?

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

no, its a lot of messing around to save 30 min every 5 years

it can be used for a lot more things than just renewing your DL, along with the pink card I have opened up a bank account, use it yearly at Immigration for my extension, used at the Post Office, got discounts at some National Parks with it along with getting DL renewed, it doesn't get used a lot, but for me it was easy to get and has been well worth it.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Immigration couldn't care about a Yellow housebooks, that some foreigners call 'tabien baan'. Happy, no way. The preer that foreigners stick to being foreigners and make their extorting easier. 

What banks did you open a credit card account with a YB, Pink ID, I find that extremely hard to believe. 

Used mine every year for the last six years at Rayong Immigration, I thought you were a Thai citizen why are you so interested in the yellow book, you find way to much hard to believe, better buy some more crypto and get your mind off of this subject, let people who actually can use it make their own decisions

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is a fact that if you pay certain bills at Big C or try to use the credits earned on your account for a reduction in the shopping bill that you need to show the Pink card you opened up the account with.  It was how i obtained the Big C card which i obtained in 2013 and which I posted about almost 2 years ago.  Many said i was talking BS, but it is what it is.  I also opened up my Home-pro account with the Pink card and my Power-Buy account

That's great. Congratulations.

If I ever need that I use my wife or daughter's card.

20 minutes ago, flexomike said:

my immigration office won't accept a Thai drivers license for proof of residence but they will accept the yellow book, 

When do immigration ask for proof of address? 

When I applied for a marriage visa, they still came round to see where I lived.

Yellow house registry is not for immigration 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, puchooay said:

That's great. Congratulations.

If I ever need that I use my wife or daughter's card.

Bills must be in their names then or at least the wifes. My condo and my house are only in my name and so my bills from MEA and PEA as well as the local water district are in my name as well.  Hard to use a Thais ID card to do this since I am not married to a Thai.

Edited by ThailandRyan

17 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Used mine every year for the last six years at Rayong Immigration, I thought you were a Thai citizen why are you so interested in the yellow book, you find way to much hard to believe, better buy some more crypto and get your mind off of this subject, let people who actually can use it make their own decisions

I had the pink card for a few years but was embarrassed to show it sometimes. Just another perspective from a Thai. When you live here a while, you'll see the social system is very hierarchical, and the look down on migrant workers. When they see farang with these cards they laugh, although some here refuse to accept that. 

For the sake of using it once every 5 years, plus the hassle of getting it, not worth it, IMHO 

Edited by Neeranam

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Immigration couldn't care about a Yellow housebooks, that some foreigners call 'tabien baan'. Happy, no way. The preer that foreigners stick to being foreigners and make their extorting easier. 

What banks did you open a credit card account with a YB, Pink ID, I find that extremely hard to believe. 

Good post and true.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Download the app. Set up an account. Away you go.

Would I have to scan anything; like a bar-code?

I was thinking of just sending the dosh to their account through my computer. As in account to account transfers.

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Seems you agree with the racist policies of dual pricing now that you have a Thai ID…. Interesting to see you go native ! :whistling:

Dual pricing is practiced in most countries, and it most certainly isn't racist, as me getting the discounted price proves. 

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you shouldn't follow the law, principles are everything. 

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When do immigration ask for proof of address? 

When I applied for a marriage visa, they still came round to see where I lived.

Yellow house registry is not for immigration 

The first visa "extension" they come round, after that they don't unless you have a gap...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The first visa "extension" they come round, after that they don't unless you have a gap...

My point was that the immigration never ask to see the yellow housebook, and certainly couldn't care about a pink card. 

I've seen them make a fool of a yank who showed them a pink card, but he knew nothing about it. 

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Absolutely correct. And as a matter of course they will take a photocopy to which you must sign. Too much BS from members now for this thread to carry on.

Never have shown my passport for routine daily transactions at the bank in the last 4 years since I opened up my accounts after closing down the prior ones due to divorce. Once a year I do show it along with my bank book in the basement of CW for my annual letter, other than that I show my Pink card and carry my yellow book and my bank book if they need something to look at. Call it BS, but it sure is funny since it works for me at Kbank and SCB. 

The Pink ID card was how I also registered for the Mor Prom App and obtained my Covid Vaccinations.  

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No, it has to be your passport. No passport no account. 

Again your wrong as many have successfully opened up a bank account here in Thailand using the Pink card and yellow book as one comes from the other, pink card after obtaining bank book. Just like buying a car as well with the yellow book and not a COR from BKK. However the DLT insisted on  COR to do my licenses both times so far.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Pink ID card was how I also registered for the Mor Prom App and obtained my Covid Vaccinations.  

You could have used your passport. 

Strangely, I couldn't use my UK passport as I didn't have a visa in it. 

Foreigners are complaining about not being able to get a vaccine at the same time as Thais whereas in Khon Kaen city, they got before me. 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Its a laugh, let it continue! 

Funny how some try to say you can do things like banking with just a pink card. 

The law states Thais can use their Ids but foreigners must show passport, end of. 

How many times must you be proven wrong.....you love to rub your new Thai citizenship in folks faces now and then. You sound like a few folks who told me I also could not hire a Myanmar housekeeper and have my name listed as her employer....they were wrong on that one as well.

• Like 1