Pound slumps to all-time low against dollar

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh right, so somebody earning less then £20,000 a year gets less than £100 help in tax breaks, someone earning £100,000 gets a £1000 oh tax breaks.

Not a Trope, a fact.

So those on 100k are "wealthy"? Looks like we are getting somewhere.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

After over a decade of Tory austerity it’s difficult to claim people have been treated with ‘Kid Gloves’.

But of course you need simple answers to address the complex problems faced by people you openly denigrate.

Twelve years of Tory ‘tough love’ hasn’t solved anything, two more years of doubling down on failed policies will deliver nothing but more of the same failure.

Twelve yeas of Tory love, you are right, get the layabout scroungers back to work, pay tax to help the NHS out, send aid to your food kitchen, you're on the right track now......????

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

What happened to Boris?

Seemed like he was doing OK?

He was, had a beer at the office and the "woke" balls it up.....Now the "woke" is complaining it is worse.....You can't make this stuff up.....????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Ah I see. Deflect with chilidish comments about the source rather than addressing the issue. Classy.

It was rubbish. And the Daily Mail did support Hitler. Don't have a go at me about it; take it up with them.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh a small fraction dribbles to the poor and non at all to those with incomes less than £12570 per year.

They don't need it. They are already on tax credits/universal credit. Paid for with the borrowed money you keep saying benefits the wealthy.

Edited by puchooay
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baboon said:

It was rubbish. And the Daily Mail did support Hitler. Don't have a go at me about it; take it up with them.

I'll ignore the silly Hitler deflection. Here's another source for the same story. 

https://nydailypaper.com/if-you-voted-tory-you-dont-deserve-to-be-resuscitated-by-the-nhs-outrage-over-nurses-outburst/

I'd find a left wing source for you, but for some reason they seem to be ignoring the story about this left wing nurse showing her "Be Kind" credentials for the world to see. I can't think why...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh a small fraction dribbles to the poor and non at all to those with incomes less than £12570 per year.

And that’s the basis of you calling me a liar.

I’ve never felt the need to call another member a liar, but then I deal with logical fact based arguments.

The way to solve this then is to reduce the tax free allowance to (let's say) £5000.   Then the people who earn less than £12570 will be able to benefit from the tax cuts!   Everyones a winner!  

On 9/29/2022 at 4:12 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

May I ask you to stop laughing at my serious posts ? I have Kwasaki in another thread who laughs at all my posts and its getting rather annoying, thanks 

sorry as I just laughed at this one but couldn't resist 555

1 minute ago, James105 said:

The way to solve this then is to reduce the tax free allowance to (let's say) £5000.   Then the people who earn less than £12570 will be able to benefit from the tax cuts!   Everyones a winner!  

Putting aside your facetious humour, raising the tax free allowance would have given very direct help to those on low incomes and would have avoided handing large tax breaks to the wealthy.

All earners would receive the same assistance. 

But of course that would not have handed large sums to the already wealthy.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nice maths. That's 56 Billion extra, or 1.07 Billion per week

Thanks Steven, I always appreciate compliments. At 56 Billion per year I could have rounded up to 1.08 Billion per week but I didn't want to exaggerate the increase in NHS funding under the Tories since the Brexit vote so I went with 1.07.

image.png.abfa6e66842b234655e4f9df716fd8df.png

And to think, they only promised 350 million. Always better to under promise and over deliver.

image.png.9c50982ec71f1b2359ca36e7ebd04c73.png

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'll ignore the silly Hitler deflection. Here's another source for the same story. 

https://nydailypaper.com/if-you-voted-tory-you-dont-deserve-to-be-resuscitated-by-the-nhs-outrage-over-nurses-outburst/

I'd find a left wing source for you, but for some reason they seem to be ignoring the story about this left wing nurse showing her "Be Kind" credentials for the world to see. I can't think why...

And this has what to do with the Pound slumping to an all time low against the Dollar?

But the extremely wealthy were scheduled to get a bigger percentage cut in their taxes until Truss relented. And the government plans to cut back the dividend tax which was recently raised to pay for health and social services. And cuts in dividend taxes will disproportionately favor the wealthy since a far higher percentage of their earnings comes from stock holdings.

• Like 1

Multiple flames have been removed that accused another member of lying in this respect please take note of the following forum rule:

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

Also removed some troll and bickering posts

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But the extremely wealthy were scheduled to get a bigger percentage cut in their taxes until Truss relented. And the government plans to cut back the dividend tax which was recently raised to pay for health and social services. And cuts in dividend taxes will disproportionately favor the wealthy since a far higher percentage of their earnings comes from stock holdings.

That is a different point. 

The other poster stated that all we've seen is money to the wealthy. That was inaccurate since middle and low earners also got a tax break. Being a charitable kind of guy (not to mention kind, virtuous etc.) I will assume it was an honest mistake and she is genuinely incapable of understanding the finer points of the budget ????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Thanks Steven, I always appreciate compliments. At 56 Billion per year I could have rounded up to 1.08 Billion per week but I didn't want to exaggerate the increase in NHS funding under the Tories since the Brexit vote so I went with 1.07.

image.png.abfa6e66842b234655e4f9df716fd8df.png

And to think, they only promised 350 million. Always better to under promise and over deliver.

image.png.9c50982ec71f1b2359ca36e7ebd04c73.png

And here's why the NHS budget increased

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/positions/nhs-funding

2 minutes ago, candide said:

And here's why the NHS budget increased

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/positions/nhs-funding

Yes, a fabulous enterprise with fabulous staff, an enterprise continually providing and finding medical fixes for the populace which will cost money and continually rise. ????

One of the reasons for the continual influx of illegals to the UK, the NHS, the yellow brick A & E....