US Embassy in Russia tells Americans to leave the country

Scott

PHOTO: A view of the main building of the U.S. Embassy in downtown Moscow, Russia, is seen in this, May 14, 2013, file photo.

The U.S. Embassy in Russia is urging Americans in the country to leave and warning U.S. citizens to not travel to Russia after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a call-up of 300,000 reservists to aid depleted forces in Ukraine. 

The embassy said in a security alert on Wednesday that Russia may prevent U.S. citizens from leaving the country and conscript dual nationals into military service. 

Russia may also refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship or restrict their access to U.S. consular assistance, officials said.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3664533-us-embassy-in-russia-tells-americans-to-leave-the-country/

File:The Hill (2020-01-15).svg - Wikimedia Commons

Just now, steven100 said:

This is getting serious as the US has issued immediate warnings for US citizens to leave.

Is something going down?  is the US about to act with devastating force?  

Or is Putin about to use tactical nuclear weapons in the Ukraine and the US response is not known? Mind you, if I was the US and I thought that Putin was about to do that, I would issue that advice even if I wasn't going to do anything, it might just be a bluffing card......I hope.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is getting serious as the US has issued immediate warnings for US citizens to leave.

Is something going down?  is the US about to act with devastating force?  

We can only guess? If Putin is in a lose lose situation anything could happen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

We can only guess? If Putin is in a lose lose situation anything could happen.

He's losing now in Ukraine which is why he's going for the mass troop invasion tactic of overwhelming Ukraine troops.

If that fails there are few options left for Putin..

Give up or do the unthinkable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Putin just threw the gauntlet down.. he ain't backing down and is prepared to have an all-out war with Ukraine.

I hope the reservists and conscripts do the right thing in Ukraine and change sides... 

Time to rid Russia of Putin... the mans flipped his lid.

yes agree .... it sounds like the US are getting serious to do something ....lets hope so. 

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He's losing now in Ukraine which is why he's going for the mass troop invasion tactic of overwhelming Ukraine troops.

If that fails there are few options left for Putin..

Give up or do the unthinkable.

There's always women and young boys left to help fight his war. He won't give up until his Generals or anyone close to him takes him out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another thing.

The timing of this dire warning is probably related to the  mobilization.

Males are being questioned trying to leave Russia. All are being asked when they bought their ticket if by air before or after mobilization.

As of a few days ago some are not being let out because of assumption of evading the draft.

The air and land  border exit option might be closed soon to all males 18 to 65 or even a full closure.

Dual citizens might get their draft order before they even try to leave with the US embassy powerless to help.

I've been following multiple youtubers in Russia. They all recently escaped and one so recently that he witnessed several rejections. Some others were smarter and left further back.

I don't think this warning is about a US first strike. It's about what's happening in Russia already.

It's getting worse and worse very quickly.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Some of the youtubers I've been following.

Zack the Russian

Young guy

Now in Georgia

Extremely and openly.anti Putin.

He burned his draft order online!

Inside Russia

Now Outside Russia.

Now in a Stan country.

Left his wife and children with a day's notice. He witnessed men being refused exit.

Middle aged man very educated did many videos about Russian culture and history encouraging people to read between the lines.

Niki Prosin

An odd young man just escaped to Istanbul.

His recent videos were getting  dangerously political.

He feared the draft so bye bye.

NFKRZ

Very successful youtuber.

Now set up in Georgia. 

He refuses to be explicitly political out of fear for his family and his desire to return someday.

But obviously anti Putin anyway and o great source to understand the complications of being a Russian expat in wartime.

Bald and Bankrupt

Very famous Brit.

Its over for him now.

He traveled all over Russia humanizing ordinary people with an obsession with Soviet relics.

Arrested in Russia.

Forced to make a propaganda apology. Deported and banned.

Yes I have a strong personal interest in this war for family background reasons.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Another thing.

The timing of this dire warning is probably related to the  mobilization.

Males are being questioned trying to leave Russia. All are being asked when they bought their ticket if by air before or after mobilization.

As of a few days ago some are not being let out because of assumption of evading the draft.

The air and land  border exit option might be closed soon to all males 18 to 65 or even a full closure.

Dual citizens might get their draft order before they even try to leave with the US embassy powerless to help.

I've been following multiple youtubers in Russia. They all recently escaped and one so recently that he witnessed several rejections. Some others were smarter and left further back.

I don't think this warning is about a US first strike. It's about what's happening in Russia already.

It's getting worse and worse very quickly.

Are you suggesting that American citizens (not dual nationals) might be forcibly drafted into the Russian army? That’s what I understand from your post.

Putin is in deep trouble he thought his toadies had weakened nato enough to get away with his invasion and rape of Ukraine he was wrong now his back is against the wall he has no other option (for his survival) but to escalate therefore the warnings to get out now hopefully some one will take care of the (problem)soon so peace and stability can return 

18 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Your world has a short history. Hmm, Germany, England, Rome.... Americas hasn't expanded its border in 70 years so your argument is silly.  America dominates world politics now but that will change as it always does.   Please tell what world power has had a more peaceful dominance than the America you hate?

Please tell what world power has had a more peaceful dominance than the America you hate? 

Dominance. Interesting choice of words. So you think that dominating other countries is acceptable? Akin to bullying.

And peaceful? Please don’t make me laugh.

America may not have expanded its borders in the last 70 years. But do you deny that America has been involved in more wars than any other country in the last 70 years? And for what? Regime change. And the poster that I was responding to is hoping that the US will do something to Russia. That’s why America is hated by many countries around the world.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Have you not seen other war refugees walk for days and weeks on hand, seeking asylum in another country?

image.jpeg.3ec84c380c464dc3b9b4e9f50960a99d.jpeg

This is about the US telling its citizens to leave Russia, they are not refugees leaving on mass some war torn country with babies in hand. Get a grip