PM Prayut Still Holds Office

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Denim said:

Meanwhile , Prawit seen walking angrily around government house muttering to himself.

Copulation , it's just so unfair. I need another watch as a paliative. 

Poor little round boy was just a seat warmer after all.

15 hours ago, pomchop said:

Surprise surprise....is this the same court that approved of a coup taking power in the middle of the night while taksin was away at a UN meeting and then found taksin guilty of all sorts of charges?

The problem with dictators is that they get a whiff of the $$ and power and fame and are not the least bit interested in that little thing called "democracy".

I do not know much about Taksin Shinawatra when he was PM, I do know about his reputation regarding corruption, and how popular he was with the poor up in Isaan, but I would say he sure knew what he was doing as the Thai PM who was elected in a general election by the Thai people.

Prayut being an "unelected" PM was like picking the first Somchai off the street and giving him the Job. He proved time and time again that he did not know what he was doing, given that he was educated at a Military Academy. Their IQ's would probably have been similar.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Meanwhile , Prawit seen walking angrily around government house muttering to himself.

Copulation , it's just so unfair. I need another watch as a paliative. 

"Meanwhile , Prawit seen walking angrily around government house muttering to himself."  Except when he is sleeping. ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

"because they voted for it" doesn't consider the reality that it was the additional vote of an unelected Senate appointed by Gen. Prayut that that would him the PM. He otherwise did not have the majority in the elected House. 

So aka rigged election beyond the control of the electorate.

Thai people voted for the current Constitution in a national referendum allowing for the Senate.

13 hours ago, monkfish said:

I am sorry but Thailand really does have the PM and government they deserve and I have stopped caring because they voted for it!

The ordinary Thai people voted for these soldiers????

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Rubbish....even 8 years ago, not many endorsed the military to rule the country...

Yea I remember maybe they didn't endorse it but many members said the Junta rule didn't effect their lives here so they didn't care about it.

12 hours ago, monkfish said:

Yea but they endorsed it by voting for it and making it 100% legit and so impossible to remove.

The only reason they will be impossible to remove is because they have the soldiers, tanks and guns.

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

How the views on this forum has changed. Back when Prayut first came into power, 90% of the posters were pro-junta. 8 years later, 90% are anti. The old posters must have died off or been banned.

Wrong figures. 99%  ????

• Haha 1

And my gf was so happy 2 months ago. Celebrating that he will finally go away. I told her he is not going anywhere.. Oh yes she said , he can't stay because I read and now all Thai people are soo happy. I just laughed and said that it's sad that I know more about Thai politics than her and her friends

2 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd be inclined to think it's more about a powerful flow of cash from one account to another that did the swaying work.   

The swaying was more in the form of executive orders. Nobody thinks this body is free to make up their own minds or consider the arguments. The decisions are made for them. The only considering they did was what split to use on the votes to try and make it look like they are an actual working judicial body. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And my gf was so happy 2 months ago. Celebrating that he will finally go away. I told her he is not going anywhere.. Oh yes she said , he can't stay because I read and now all Thai people are soo happy. I just laughed and said that it's sad that I know more about Thai politics than her and her friends. And I told her it's a sad story how hiso are pissing at the Thai People. They are playing around with them like they are dogss

34 minutes ago, Pinot said:

I've always been a big supporter of the General. I think he's done a good job and would probably be reelected today with a big majority. 

The alternative is Thaksin or even worse Yingluck, a couple of incompetent crooks that bought themselves into power. Let's not forget that Prayut came to power because there was complete anarchy. The General offered to broker the deal but the two sides were incapable of anything except more anarchy. It's been peaceful with FAR less corruption than when he took over. He hope he rules forever. 

My Thai wife loves the new Bangkok Mayor by the way, but he doesn't have a national party that could run the country. Thais are bad at democracy. My General has been a satisfying alternative. They just legalized ganja for Buddha sake! And legalized abortion this week. This guy is best liberal dictator a country can have! I don't understand the whinging that goes on here about him. Again, there is no viable alternative. 

This is the kind of attitude that has enabled Putin to be a dictator in Russia. People thought small changes were not a problem as things were going well for them. Then when Putin started to go off the rails they found out he could not be removed from power and clamped down on any resistance to him. A leader who can't be removed is very dangerous. 

We might not like Biden or Truss but we all know in a few years we will have a chance to remove them. LM and defamation laws are also extremely dangerous as they can be used against innocent people to stop free speech. 

If Cha Cha is so popular - why doesn't he want free elections? Why is the voting system rigged in his favour? Why are opposition parties persecuted? These are the basics any government should be judged by before you can take anything else seriously. 

Look at the world's greatest democracies and the most notable dictatorships and ask yourself which gives the majority of its citizens the better quality of life? I certainly wouldn't pick China, North Korea, Russia, or Thailand over the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had zero doubt as to the outcome why the high court history nothing but a bunch of Kangaroos with their hair all dyed!

Rulings handed down with explanation " a farang is better off therefore should pay more "  this ruling alone? should give a real clear picture how it works the midget mindset of the courts. 

The General as I have called him for 8 years is a puppet of the old guard who actually run this country.  He didn't have a clue when the Constitution was setup, Covid, economy,  and now all the work the payoff to the courts all done by those who hand picked him and pull his strings when and how to appear and speak. 

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Rubbish....even 8 years ago, not many endorsed the military to rule the country...

My endorsement then is the same as it is now. No country in the world should ever have a government who is not voted in by the majority of the country's population.

1 hour ago, Pinot said:

I've always been a big supporter of the General. I think he's done a good job and would probably be reelected today with a big majority. 

The alternative is Thaksin or even worse Yingluck, a couple of incompetent crooks that bought themselves into power. Let's not forget that Prayut came to power because there was complete anarchy. The General offered to broker the deal but the two sides were incapable of anything except more anarchy. It's been peaceful with FAR less corruption than when he took over. He hope he rules forever. 

My Thai wife loves the new Bangkok Mayor by the way, but he doesn't have a national party that could run the country. Thais are bad at democracy. My General has been a satisfying alternative. They just legalized ganja for Buddha sake! And legalized abortion this week. This guy is best liberal dictator a country can have! I don't understand the whinging that goes on here about him. Again, there is no viable alternative. 

thanks for the much needed good laugh

• Like 1