If the worse happens in the war, what happens in Thailand?

Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Don't let western media gaslight you. The numbers are tiny. There'll always be a few draft dodgers. Putin is hugely popular as is the war to save ethnic Russians from Banderite thugs.

Hey, don't take my word for it. Talk to any of the thousands of Russians cavorting on the beaches here thanks to the strong ruble.

A friend of me who had been enrolled in many conflicts, told me the first thing that goes down, is trustable news about what's really going on in a war, no matter what side you are on. 

Propaganda war starts way before any invasion to form the opinion to swallow anything that comes out of so-called respectable news sources.

How many times did we here we are not at war, we are on a peace mission? 

Bull pie

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Absolutely right. Applying to both the West and Russia. But western propaganda that Putin wants to conquer Ukraine, and then more eastern European countries to reconstitute the Soviet Union is laughable nonsense easily debunked with a little reading.

This is NOT the topic for such discussions.

If you have no comment on the actual topic here. kindly DO NOT POST HERE. 

In case anyone forgot.

A full scale nuclear war is a POSSIBLE excalation from the war.

Perhaps a tiny tiny percentage chance, perhaps higher, but the possibility is a FACT. 

So that's the starting point.

IF that occurs, then what happens in THAILAND?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

No it isn't. No such thing will happen. Which I thought was relevant to a thread about preparing for something that's not going to happen.

But, hey, your thread your rules. I will show myself out.

You're right. If you can't accept BASIC FACTS, there is nothing further to discuss. Bye. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Lots of Russian and Ukrainian and EU overstayers. Some with money, some with less.

Russian army may be hopeless, but clearly the Russian mob has influence here, or there wouldn't be Russian tail for sale in Bangkok and Pattaya, where there was even a club dedicated to tall blondes in Walking St. before Covid. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In case anyone forgot.

Perhaps a tiny tiny percentage chance, perhaps higher, but the possibility is a FACT. 

555 @Jingthing, you're about to find out what it's like to be a Mod.

I think they're volunteers, bless them, I wouldn't do it for certificated gold bars. ????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Why Me said:

Don't let western media gaslight you. The numbers are tiny. There'll always be a few draft dodgers. Putin is hugely popular as is the war to save ethnic Russians from Banderite thugs.

Hey, don't take my word for it. Talk to any of the thousands of Russians cavorting on the beaches here thanks to the strong ruble.

The numbers are tiny, but thousands of Russians are cavorting in Thailand?

We can't prove this, but can you?

Why is all of the EU against Russia?

Why did Russia destroy the very Eastern states it has now Annexed? 

If the population there was overwhelmingly pro Russia, why target it with artillery?

I can accept propaganda exists on both sides, but no side can hide artillery barrages. Because satellites.

Your answers are welcome, and I don't mean the usual "do your research" the onus is on YOU, to provide NEUTRAL evidence. For example, reports from China or India, being the only two "neutral" states I can think of. 

Even Nazi Germany had more mates than Putin does now! 

Get a grip. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In case anyone forgot.

Take it is easy tiger! Wanna be mod? Get back in line!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Worrying about negative stuff that might happen that you cannot control only makes your health worse.

Utter waste of time. Plan your next beach visit or something.

but that was never the intent of the op was it. 

Since no meteorologists, nuke scientists, weapons experts or physicians with expertise in radiation disease are going to show up, I will post an opinion from a former intel officer.

putin: As many will guess, putin is a psychopath. He is also a coward, and he has a painful insecurity complex. He's a little man in the manly way, just like 45 in the US (remember what Stormy said: "Not freakishly small, but well below average"). It is the source of his insecurity. The two guys are the same, the only difference being that russia is more open to autocracy and an absolute dictator, which is what 45 would like for himself.

putin is losing face now. The russian military and fighting men, once believed to be formidable, have been shown to be poorly trained, poorly equipped, disorganized, poorly led, with shoddy equipment, and simply weak. Calling up mobilized forces won't help. putin cannot even adequately supply the forces he has now, and recruits are not likely to be motivated. His mobilized forces will represent a Turkey Shoot for Ukrainian patriots.

putin will thus lose more face.

If up to putin he will use a tactical nuke, at least on Kyiv. It will be up to Naryshkin or a sane general or two to stop him. 50-50 they can succeed. If they succeed, putin is dead and the war ends. If they fail, Kyiv is dead.

West Response:  The US will move incredible amounts of weapons into NATO border nations as well as to the surviving military forces in Ukraine. Some of those Ukrainian forces will attack wherever they can reach in russia. They will start killing russian civilians en masse.

Every conceivable sanction against russia and russians will be imposed. The UK govt will retake Mayfair and Kensington. Sports teams will be seized. The remaining non-seized yachts will be seized, and yachts in supposed safe havens will be destroyed by SEAL teams. All banks accounts owned by russians will be seized, even in Switzerland. putin's girlfriend in Switzerland will be assassinated.

Around the world all russians will be fair game. They will be slaughtered en masse, whether they support the war or not. So many will be killed that law enforcement won't even bother to investigate; in fact, they will join in. Everywhere, including in Thailand, where there is ample stock of prey. Killing russians will become a fad. The threat of nuclear holocaust will have an effect on mass psychology, so while it might seem unthinkable that people will begin killing russians for sport, our worst instincts will come to the surface, driven by the prospect of total human annihilation.

The pain inside russia will be so severe that even his protectors and bodyguards will turn against him. He will get something between the Mussolini Treatment and the Qaddafi Treatment.

russian forces inside Ukraine, few of whom wanted to be there anyway, and who have been shown to be a paper tiger force wildly inferior to the highly motivated and organized Ukrainians, will abandon their weapons and try as best they can to get home before Ukrainians butcher them.

The West will not have to respond with nukes, because one tactical nuke used by putin will set off this chain reaction that will lead to his execution by his own people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

New fighter jets  from Sweden and  USA and Subs without engines from China, as well High Speed railway. 

What can possible go wrong? 

We have discussed many times That Thailand follow the wind, and most likely will choose the future strongest partner. 

Choose Thailand as your only home at the moment is risky. 

I can confidently say, that will not be China. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it goes full on nuclear we are all screwed, wherever we live.

You are probably in the best place, that's why the uber rich have many deluxe "end of the world" underground residences on the South Island. Maybe you can befriend some of them, they can use your local knowledge ????

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

I can confidently say, that will not be China. 

Hopefully the biggest decisions people watching this unhinged moron can make is whether or not to open the fridge to get another beer.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Good point and my thoughts too. How could the west strike back without escalating to Thermonuclear War and major destruction? I'd rather be in Thailand than London. Can they wait 2 weeks please?

Dunno if someone else posted as can't be bothered to read the thread in its entirety. If they go nuke, it would be game on--meaning the end of the war by conventional means. All Russian positions in Ukraine and the Baltic Sea will be flattened very quickly by US / NATO. They are being watched 24-7. It will be bang bang bang bang, over to you Putin. If he escalates from there, then all Russian positions within Russia and elsewhere will be done.

• Thanks 1

But it is a very good question. What happens here? Thailand is probably one of the best places to be--not many enemies and well placed--albeit there'd be a run on the banks etc etc. I would personally get one's cash under one's mattress, fornicate like no tomorrow, drink lots and await the inevitable. Basically, if there is an exchange, it wouldn't be worth hanging around for too long. Anarchy.

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

But it is a very good question. What happens here? Thailand is probably one of the best places to be--not many enemies and well placed--albeit there'd be a run on the banks etc etc. I would personally get one's cash under one's mattress, fornicate like no tomorrow, drink lots and await the inevitable. Basically, if there is an exchange, it wouldn't be worth hanging around for too long. Anarchy.

Based on geography there are much better places much further away from Russia.

Speaking of neighbors  how about China. Would they be flooding south?

I assume the banks would just close.

I wouldn't assume paper money would mean anything.

Maybe gold but more like just survival commodities would have value 

12 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Dystopia has many avenues... not just nuclear

climate change makes insurance cos go bankrupt or raise premiums so high people cannot afford them...

global warming brings disease. 

people lose trust in govts and democratic systems fail... anarchy grows...  

historically, here is the only solution I have heard: 

We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a-com'in
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

We stood quite still 'till we see their faces well then we opened up our muskets and we really gave them hell.     A song from when I was about 13. Lonnie Donegan.