Went under 400,000 for 6 hours

OP, current thread running.

Have read of those replies.

It will be noticed..

The io checks carefully.

Most likely overlooked for the amount you mention. 

As mentioned in one post in that thread ..

Using an additional bank account can overcome the problem.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've mostly been of the opinion if the slip is easily recognised, don't try to fool anybody 

In this case rather than bring it to their attention, I would however give them the opportunity to spot it, and either ignore it or suggest a fix 

The reality being, it has happened, you can't change it so a solution may or may not be necessary

The level of difficulty in providing a solution is up to immigration, that may well rise if they catch trying to adjust the paperwork 

How are the bank going to issue the letter?

Edited by 473geo

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Immi officers ‘just flick through it’... so accidentally ‘loosing the page’ (ripping it out) could be the solution !! 

Haha

New trend is copies of all pages of the bankbook even the empty ones.
Would need a very sleepy officer to overlook the missing page.

The numbers are quite big in watermark style.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Using an additional bank account can overcome the problem.

THE solution. Often enough I tell a mate why don't you put the amount on a fixed deposit account. No access with card/ATM, payment/internet possible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yea, I don't have additional bank account. My wife transferred money to me immediately. 

I normally make transfers with wise, but I simply forgot.

As I posted in the attached thread above.....I outlined obtaining 60 day extension to visit wife. 

That will give you enough time to season funds.

Of course check with immigration first to ask if they can overlook small oversight. 

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I think I used it a year ago. I can get 60 day extension again?

Can only use it once per entry to Thailand. 

Meaning if you have exited and reentered since last 60 day extension then you could obtain another. 

Edit: seems I'm wrong. As uj pointed out it would need to be new visa to obtain new 60 day extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Talk to immigration.

They may offer a compromise. 

For my first retirement extension I paid 800,000 exactly into a separate savings account. I forgot about the annual fee. The immigration officer noticed it but granted my extension, advising me, in future, to maintain a balance to cover it. My Mrs gave him a tip on that and on all future occasions.

I had same problem but I was covered by a second account that overlapped. Pattaya immigration were cool about it and I don't remember them needing the second account. I believe that if the deficiency  is less than 1 day it should be OK.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not unless you left and re-entered the country with a new visa. Only one per entry is allowed.

If you went for a border run obtaining a reentry permit to keep your current extension of stay alive, you can't get a 60 day to visit wife because you won't be on a new visa?

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I suppose it depends how they are feeling on the day, probably a few bhat under the table will pacify them

Very true. My Mrs always slips around 300 baht inside my passport if it's not our regular officer. Don't get any questions from them that way. 

Best to own up to it,  go down give the person a big Wai!  then tell them Old and forgetful slap yourself in the head point out the mistake and cross your finger?  If he/she says Mai Pen Rai remember them in a month!  I do this all the time "  Mai pen rai Papa "  ????

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Foghorn said:

If you make lots of transactions on that account before you update the book it sometimes puts it all into 1 transaction on passbook so because it was return the same day it may not show up 

which is why my Immigration office askes for an annual statement as well a copy of the book, even though I have never had a consolidated entry, but quite often the update machine overprints a previous entry making it unreadable.