Businessman Shot Dead Outside Khon Kaen Airport

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff

A MOBILE PHONE businessman was shot dead on the road at the entrance of Khon Kaen Airport before dawn today (Oct. 9) after having driven there in his car to hold talks with two other men who had come in a separate car, Matichon newspaper said.

He was identified as Mr. Phanom Thipratanamongkol, 40, who ran a mobile phone business at Ton Tann market with his body taken to Srinakarin Hospital for an autopsy.

Police found him dead on the road after being shot twice and clutching a gold chain in one hand and a pendant in the other. Two bullet casings were also found nearby.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/10/09/businessman-shot-dead-outside-khon-kaen-airport/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-10-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

before dawn today (Oct. 9) after having driven there in his car to hold talks with two other men who had come in a separate car,

Smells fishy ...

Before dawn ... talks to other men , and then got shot ...

I do not think that was because of a ' mobile phone deal ' ...

May be illegal drugs ?

Too many guns and too many gangsters .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Smells fishy ...

May be illegal drugs ?

Yeah,

Maybe a mass murderer and serial killer, maybe a loan shark, maybe a gun runner to North Korea?

I am sure you will get to the bottom of it all.

• Like 1

All I can say it does not look like robbery , gold chain in one hand, pendant

in the other , could have been grabbed off the shooter, but sure the police

have it all in hand , expect an arrest soon , as they say.

regards Worgeordie

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Smells fishy ...

May be illegal drugs ?

Why suspect drugs?

It could have been about any business dealings that had gone sour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Smells fishy ...

May be illegal drugs ?

Where there are guns there are gangsters. Normal people (non-gangster) dont need a gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Where there are guns there are gangsters. Normal people (non-gangster) dont need a gun.

What are you on about.  Many normal people have guns, for sport shooting, to personal home protection, or for there own pleasure shooting.  This country is awash in guns. Just because you as a foreigner can not own one does not mean normal Thai's can not.   If I could have my guns here from the states I would, but alas all of them, in two full safe vaults, sit in my sons armory at his house.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Guns and health insurance. Americas seem to be more interested in both, than say Europeans.???? 

Well I use my guns in the US for going to the range to keep my training up as far as shooting goes, and my rifles for hunting big game to fill my freezer up, now that I am living here the majority of the time they do not get used by myself and are secured safely.  Health insurance is another necessity in life, is it not for you? However, you have social medicine which is free and all you have to do is wait to have your surgery if deemed necessary, where in the US the bills would be an expensive proposition without the insurance, as we seem to be paying for all the illegal immigrants and non-insured folks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you on about.  Many normal people have guns, for sport shooting, to personal home protection, or for there own pleasure shooting.  This country is awash in guns. Just because you as a foreigner can not own one does not mean normal Thai's can not.   If I could have my guns here from the states I would, but alas all of them, in two full safe vaults, sit in my sons armory at his house.

You must be American where the world revolves around you having guns. As you may or may not have noticed the USA has quite a high level of gun crime. Just thought I would tell you in case you didn't know. 

Having a gun doesn't translate that you are responsible to have one and it doesn't mean anyone getting a gun will not be a criminal. Look to your home country for gun crime.

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

You must be American where the world revolves around you having guns. As you may or may not have noticed the USA has quite a high level of gun crime. Just thought I would tell you in case you didn't know. 

Having a gun doesn't translate that you are responsible to have one and it doesn't mean anyone getting a gun will not be a criminal. Look to your home country for gun crime.

You are half correct, having a gun does not mean you are responsible.  Having carried a weapon of some type daily for over 35 years, from military to my law enforcement career I can tell you that I am far from a criminal as you post about gun owners in the US.  I understand that the British Bobbies do not carry weapons, but unfortunately Law Enforcement in the US does, and we are well trained in there uses.  The US is not the only country with high gun crimes.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-violence-by-country

The largest majority of gun crimes in the US is in suicides.  As a Mental Health Advocate and Professional I know of this first hand.

image.png.036786fb864bf5390480daadfc11eb2c.png

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

I arrived at the airport on Saturday afternoon but I can't recognise where this is but then I go through here quite often and in fact I'll be there again on Wednesday and then Saturday. Google Street view is from 3 years ago and it's changed a lot since then.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

where in the US the bills would be an expensive proposition without the insurance, as we seem to be paying for all the illegal immigrants and non-insured folks.

Always good to have someone to blame. If not for "them" everything would be just peachy.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

All I can say it does not look like robbery , gold chain in one hand, pendant

in the other , could have been grabbed off the shooter, but sure the police

have it all in hand , expect an arrest soon , as they say.

regards Worgeordie

They'll certainly have the Gold and pendant " in hand *

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, ThailandRyan said:

You are half correct, having a gun does not mean you are responsible.  Having carried a weapon of some type daily for over 35 years, from military to my law enforcement career I can tell you that I am far from a criminal as you post about gun owners in the US.  I understand that the British Bobbies do not carry weapons, but unfortunately Law Enforcement in the US does, and we are well trained in there uses.  The US is not the only country with high gun crimes.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-violence-by-country

The largest majority of gun crimes in the US is in suicides.  As a Mental Health Advocate and Professional I know of this first hand.

image.png.036786fb864bf5390480daadfc11eb2c.png

Miltary and Law Enforcement I would expect to have a weapon, but civilians in reality shouldnt have a need for one. Yes I know they do but that is in general not through necessity.