Police seize fake US dollar banknotes worth 34-million baht in Nonthaburi

snoop1130

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Surprise , surprise , Thai Police knows how to go online as well ....

The seller of the fake notes wins the today's award as being the king of stupid .

Not really,  the case was brought forward by the U. S. 

Secret Service to Thai authorities.  ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

These guys may be the reason that the last time I went to a Kasikorn bank in Chiang Mai to exchange a $100 note, the Teller made a photocopy of the note, my passport, made me sign the copies as well. This plus the knowledge they have about these notes, my God if you know them well, it's impossible to be coned. 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

TCSD police, disguised as motorcycle taxi drivers, were posted at and near the condominium, to wait for the person who was to deliver the fake money to the buyer.

I wonder if they were as obvious as the hiso Thais that discussed themselves as taxi drivers to try to get a vaccine early...

Must have been interesting to see.

Can you set up a page with talk (only talk) of counterfeit bills, nuclear codes, uranium for sale, plutonium for sale, etc.....

and then simply have all the links go to other sites???

would be funny to see offices thinking they got a big bust but instead they stare all day at big busts.  lol  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai police seized counterfeit US banknotes, with a face value of about 34 million baht,

Why only 34 million?  These guys were printing these bills thinking, "I'm going to be sooo rich!!!!  Free money!!!!  Free lunch!!!!  Smartest guys in the room!!!  Hey, how's our Facebook page???""

Now they ARE getting free lunches!!!!!!!

I'm a retied diamond smuggler who can think of 10,000 better ways to make 34 million than this.

Oh, you want to find out how??????????????????????????  glad you asked coppers!!!

buy my book, "How to make 100 billion baht in a week."    One copy, 10 million baht.  No refunds.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

North Korea is a primary source of counterfeit US$100 bill.

They have always used SE Asian countries to launder their fake bills.

Notice that these notes are all the old style of discontinued banknotes and not the new "blue" banknotes printed in multicolored inks, metallic inks, and incorporating a wide hologram strip.  North Korea is unable to counterfeit those.

That is where my thinking went …

4 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

Hmmmm I see some bahts with red fasteners there but not mentioned in the inventory. Probably because those were the only genuine notes and someone had other intentions other than keeping them for evidence.

"Hmmmm I see some bahts with red fasteners there but not mentioned in the inventory".

No, you don't, those are the two thousand fake US notes.