‘KhonthaiUK” Trio Get 1 Year Jail For Defaming Prayut, Prawit

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

KhonthaiUK Facebook

UK......  tsk, tsk, tsk......

not only NEVER EVER EVER say anything on any social media, DON'T have a social media account in your name.   Nothing, ever in LOS.  send pictures via email to real friends.

Last year knew three people, three defamation cases, total was 1.3 million baht awarded.  The person saying "bad" stuff never wins.  Yes, the fine might decrease, but not the stress and you still lose and have to pay.

imagine if you defamed Trump and got jail.

stick and stones may break my bones, but words will break your bones.  lol

The system here is too strict.  I had to apologize publicly to a person that resembled the rear orifice on a member of the equine family even though he was.  A friend got the boot and others have moved away

Remember that hotel that took that guy to court about the restaurant.

On the flip side Thai MSM is a lot better than American MSM

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Luckily none of the defamed can read English as a lot of us would be in bother here.

Looks like I had better watch what I say about the unelected, sorry, the elected PM. ????

Edited by possum1931

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Actually , I think I may use this route for a freebie transfer of my family to the UK - get her go there and then say something bad against this guy and then claim asylum on of fear lock up on return

Thought crossed my mind and would have saved Mr thousands. However, that would mean the wife could never return to see her family.

That court ruling and mass media reports would inflate khonthaiUK a few thousands fans. Streisand effect.

That case is from over 4 years ago and there is very little benefit for prayuth and prawit (and indeed, for the thai state and courts) to prosecute now, after that long. Since then popular political awareness rose much higher over  defaming those 2 creatures.

That page had well over 2mln likes the last year. Looks, like it was shut down and the new one, version 2, has some 432k and another 90k observers (the once, who are scared to like, but do read it). Their posts are commented and shared by hundreds. That proves, that the authorities can't keep domestic scandals under carpet. Pages operated outside country are beyond thai prosecution. No any UK court would accept case against authors of that page and there is no way to deport them to thailand

On 10/13/2022 at 6:17 AM, RichardColeman said:

Actually , I think I may use this route for a freebie transfer of my family to the UK - get her go there and then say something bad against this guy and then claim asylum on of fear lock up on return

Just take her passport and stick her on a dinghy in Calais. That way she'll get asylum AND 3 months free in a London 5 star hotel.