House January 6 committee votes to subpoena Trump during Thursday’s hearing

Scott

4 hours ago, g man said:

exactly, it's like, well like a pre-fabricated doc and records tangle with NARA. Hardly enough to state its anything otherwise based on the DOJ leaks and evidence presented to date. it's ridiculous on face to castigate Trump as some espionage oriented traitor.... there is ZERO evidence to support that and if there was it would all be over for Trump. BUT he's weathered 6 years of persecution and is smiling like a daisy... I would be honored to have him on my team any day!

"exactly, it's like, well like a pre-fabricated doc and records tangle with NARA. Hardly enough to state its anything otherwise based on the DOJ leaks and evidence presented to date."

Seriously?  Are you claiming that the documents found in Mar-a-Lago are part of government plot against Trump?   Evidence to date is that Trump had a huge number of government documents he wasn't entitled to, some of them highly classified, and refused to return them.

Please share with us your evidence that this is not true.

3 hours ago, g man said:

I suspect Trump would be in jail if he committed acts so egregious as you want people to believe. there's nothing much to do about anything. and based on recent polling the majority don't much care about Jan-6, right. what's the issue here, Jack Trump up for records or fix America?

"Jack Trump up for records or fix America?"

Both.  Jack Trump up for records and other crimes, and prevent him from continuing to undermine democracy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

You clearly did miss the report that Trump was threatening to lead the demonstrators/rioters.

"In the new footage, Pelosi is depicted watching crowds swell near the Capitol. At around noon that day, Trump had given a speech blasting attempts to certify Biden’s victory and declaring that he would march down to the area alongside his supporters."

“Tell him if he comes here, we’re going to the White House,” Pelosi says, laughing.

A senior Pelosi aide later tells the speaker, at about the time protesters were beginning to mass at the Capitol, that the Secret Service had rebuffed Trump’s demand to go to the Capitol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/14/pelosi-punch-trump-footage-jan-6/

LOL. You overlook that threatening to do something and actually doing something are different.

So, there were no videos of Trump in Congress because he wasn't actually there, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

I don't know what you mean by a "pre-fabricated doc and records tangle with NARA". He was repeatedly asked to return all the documents he had taken from the White House. NARA was actually very patient with him.There is plenty of evidence that his lawyers advised him to comply with NARA's requests. He not only refused their advice, he apparently lied about the content of the boxes containing those documents.

It was only after Trump's incomplete compliance that NARA called in the Justice Dept. At some point, apparently through an informant, the DOJ found out that there were some seriously sensitive documents in Trump's possession. Hence the search warrant and search of the premises. Documents marked classified were found. Some of the documents contained in the boxes allegedly hold very sensitive information. Some of those documents found their way to his bedroom! Not exactly the storage area where he had promised to keep them. Even though that area doesn't comply with security requirements, at least it was superior to his bedroom. Mar a Lago is not a secure place to be storing such documents. There is a huge amount of evidence against Trump. 

But apparently you would be honored by someone who blatantly breaks the law against his own attorneys' counsel. Remind me not to bet on your team.

I assume "pre-fabricated doc and records tangle with NARA" refers to the timing, if not to the entire raid.

IMO they could have done it earlier, or waited till mid terms over. Certainly seems to have been planned for the best political outcome.

The lengthy delay to find some documents of actual national security to prosecute him over does not help to assuage suspicions that it is all a politically motivated "tangle".

4 hours ago, g man said:

I suspect Trump would be in jail if he committed acts so egregious as you want people to believe. there's nothing much to do about anything. and based on recent polling the majority don't much care about Jan-6, right. what's the issue here, Jack Trump up for records or fix America?

Why does there have to be a choice?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. You overlook that threatening to do something and actually doing something are different.

So, there were no videos of Trump in Congress because he wasn't actually there, right?

LOL. You overlook the fact that saying something and saying nothing are different.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't overlook that saying he wants to lead the protest and not leading the protest are two different things.

So, you agree that saying nothing and saying that he wants to lead the protest are different. Just as words or different in effect?

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, you agree that saying nothing and saying that he wants to lead the protest are different. Just as words or different in effect?

Words are just words and different to actions. Which is why I never believe any politician when they say they will do something, till they actually do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Words are just words and different to actions. Which is why I never believe any politician when they say they will do something, till they actually do it.

First off, saying something is an action. And claiming that words have no effect on the action of others is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump was watching his supporters storm the Capitol on television and doing nothing to call them off.  I assume this is an example of the strong leadership Trump brags about.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume "pre-fabricated doc and records tangle with NARA" refers to the timing, if not to the entire raid.

IMO they could have done it earlier, or waited till mid terms over. Certainly seems to have been planned for the best political outcome.

The lengthy delay to find some documents of actual national security to prosecute him over does not help to assuage suspicions that it is all a politically motivated "tangle".

The warrant and search came long after the last election, after many months of getting Trump to return the documents, and months before the 2022 election.  It was about as benign a time as was available.

If it had been political it would have been an "October surprise" search.  But of course to a Trump supporter any time action is taken to make Trump comply with the law is political.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

or a failed botched coup attempt after trump had exhausted all legal means via courts as well as illegally trying to coerce states into overturning or impeding the election results.......firing up a crowd of "demonstrators" who wanted to hang his VP and worse....and even worse sitting watching tv and doing nothing to call on his "demonstrators"  to leave the capitol......it was a riot in the making that anyone paying attention could see coming a mile off...call it what ie t was....an attempted coup.

Obviously the people that could have prepared for a riot at the Capitol didn't see it coming.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

link or it isn't true.

That would be suggesting that most of your posts of which 99% don't have any links, are lies!

If so, that would be the only time that you have ever said anything that I agree with.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, pomchop said:

if you actually watched the jan 6 hearings you would know that the vast majority of witnesses were/are republicans...in addition to a massive amount of audio and video evidence in trumps own words....but go ahead and follow [Trump] and claim it is all a left wing witch hunt....OJ has been subpoenaed to testify and it will be his big chance to lay out all that long missing evidence of voter fraud he has been rattling on about with zero proof for two years now....and of course only guilty people plead the 5th so we can expect full answers and testimony under oath and under penalty of perjury rather than repeating the same ole lies on fox news or at his "rallies".  Go ahead Donnie, be a man and testify under oath and let's see all that evidence you have.  Free popcorn and kool aide for all.

But will he keep within some well structured obvious boundaries?

But he does of course have the right to speak to explain himself, in intelligent and meaninful words and without any of his obvious lies and deliberate misinformation and planned attempts to divide the masses.

I can't see this happening. He'll just scream and yell about 'stolen election', 'break in at his resort',  etc., etc. And he'llshow that he has no intention of and cannot engage in logical respectful civil discussion and debate.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

But he does of course have the right to speak to explain himself, in intelligent and meaninful words and without any of his obvious lies and deliberate misinformation and planned attempts to divide the masses.

I can't see this happening. He'll just scream and yell about 'stolen election', 'break in at his resort',  etc., etc. And he'llshow that he has no intention of and cannot engage in logical respectful civil discussion and debate.

And he'll show that he has no intention of and cannot engage in logical respectful civil discussion and debate.

Agree with that comment and even though someone with an an average amount of intelligence could do that, this person doesn't have the capability to get anywhere near "average".

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I suggest that any offer of attendance would be to please his supporters. I also doubt if he would go, as testifying under oath would make him accountable for what he says and being responsible for his rhetoric is anathema to him.

Trump has no boundaries and rules mean nothing to him. If you remember his debate with Biden in 2020, he completely ignored the moderator and the rules that he had signed up for. He entered the debate venue without a mask and without a COVID test, knowing that he had contracted COVID some days beforehand.

I would also suggest that the hearings are conducted similar to formal court proceedings as these hearings are a precursor to possible formal criminal charges in court. In court, the defendants and witnesses are not there to have a discussion or debate but to only answer when spoken to.

A dead switch on the microphone would resolve any outbursts from a recalcitrant Trump who may suffer further charges for contempt.

• Thumbs Up 1