Man who played the lottery for the first time becomes instant millionaire!

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption:  Lucky first time player nets 30 million baht

Daily News reported that a man who was playing the state lottery for the very first time came up trumps with five winning tickets.

He won 30 million baht and went to register his win and take a smily picture with the Muang Samut Prakan police. The good news story was featured on a local online page.

Registering with police is standard practice for big winners in Thailand, notes ASEAN NOW.

The winning number in yesterday's draw was 613106 and the two digit winner was 15. 

Lottery draws in Thailand take place every two weeks and are eagerly anticipated by a gambling mad public. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

Powerball in Australia this week is $100,000,000 that's right one hundred million :P...2.3 billion baht !!

The jackpot for Euromillions in Europe amounts at times to more than $200'000'000. And the US has a big draw with even more (dont know how many times a year). I remember that a couple investing US$ 2.-- once won the big one there.

My mother nearly got the jackpot in Euromillions once. There was a 1:50 chance for that. But it did not happen and she got only some $ 10'000.-- instead.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He won 30 million baht and went to register his win and take a smily picture with the Muang Samut Prakan police. The good news story was featured on a local online page.

Good for him.. hope he uses it wisely 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, moogradod said:

The jackpot for Euromillions in Europe amounts at times to more than $200'000'000. And the US has a big draw with even more (dont know how many times a year).  ...

In the US the jackpots for Mega Millions and Powerball just keep increasing until someone wins.  There must be a dozen or more payouts in excess of $500 million.  The 3 largest single winners:

$1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)

$1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)

$1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Yeah right. When Michael Caine got rich from acting he said, “Money makes you unhappy, is put around by the rich people to keep you down.”

When a couple of very rich people were interviewed it showed that there must be some magic barrier around 100 M$. Below that the advantages outweigh the disandvantages - but above that amount it may well turn around. That's at least what they testified. I have to admit I would like to test this result ????

3 minutes ago, moogradod said:

When a couple of very rich people were interviewed it showed that there must be some magic barrier around 100 M$. Below that the advantages outweigh the disandvantages - but above that amount it may well turn around. That's at least what they testified. I have to admit I would like to test this result ????

Win $300m, put $201m in bank never touch it.