I'll lead Tories into next election, says embattled Liz Truss

Scott

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Don't say that. I was just about to buy front row tickets. 

It will get a lot worse of she stays in control.  They knew they will loose so will go for all they can get and ruin the county in the process... Then they probably will go and live the high live in some mansions in Europe.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, puchooay said:

You are making that up. There will be caps but not for everyone. There will be means tests done.

You are making that up too. No decision has been made.

the decisions have been unmade - do you think they will increase the amounts?

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone willing to try and defend her and give some positives to her tenure .

Lets face it , if you turned Liz Truss into an atom and also turned Kwasi Kwarteng into an atom and put them both into the hadron collider and sent them in different directions , when they collide , Diane Abbot would appear as the result 

post that on the thread about racism

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone willing to try and defend her and give some positives to her tenure .

Lets face it , if you turned Liz Truss into an atom and also turned Kwasi Kwarteng into an atom and put them both into the hadron collider and sent them in different directions , when they collide , Diane Abbot would appear as the result 

The crucial difference being that members of her party are wise enough to leave her as a backbencher.

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Pointless comment; no Prime Minister is ever elected by the public - that is down to the party's selection process.

It's not a pointless comment.  Realistically peoples votes are strongly influenced by the leader of the political party.  If she was in charge at election time I strongly believe the there would be a few less people voting conservative...dont you,?  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Having checked your posts i see you wrote

" no caps after April" 

That is incorrect . As has been pointed out.

The caps were guaranteed now that has been withdrawn - what do you think will happen and how do you think affects the point I'm making?

Edited by kwilco

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Pointless comment; no Prime Minister is ever elected by the public - that is down to the party's selection process.

the problem is that the Tory party can't appoint a functioning PM - the last one told lies and this one wrecked the economy, and they can't even find a replacement now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kwilco said:

the problem is that the Tory party can't appoint a functioning PM - the last one told lies and this one wrecked the economy, and they can't even find a replacement now.

Truss is still PM , would need to wait until She is no longer PM before they can find a replacement . 

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Truss is still PM , would need to wait until She is no longer PM before they can find a replacement . 

Effectively Hunt has already replaced er - they now have the home secretary resigned and Chapps from the Rishi camp is in - basically there has been a coup - everything she wanted to do has been reversed and she is being replaced with Rishi's "mainstream" cabinet. She just has the name but none of the functions. the 1922 Committee can replace her immediately if they want - but the truth is the Tories can't form a cabinet or pick a PM - but they don't have to wait, she has already been sidelined on everything she wanted to do.

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Effectively Hunt has already replaced er - they now have the home secretary resigned and Chapps form the Rishi camp is in - basically there has been a coup - everything she wanted to do has been reversed and she is being replaced with Rishi's "mainstream" cabinet. She just has the name but none of the functions. the 1922 Committee can replace her immediately if they want - but the truth is the Tories can't form a cabinet or pick a PM - but they don't have to wait, she has already been sidelined on everything she wanted to do.

Truss is still currently UK Prime Minister ,but She doesn't seem to have the confidence of the Conservative party and She could very well lose her job on the near future and its possibly that Hunt may take over as PM or even Boris may get the job again .

The Conservative party is in turmoil at the moment , but there hasn't been a coup and Truss is till PM

(Coup "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.")

While she's not as bad as the US's Sarah Palin she is making the same mistakes: just because someone can manage to get on the ballot or actually obtain a position of authority does not mean they have the wherewithal for the job.  By her body language and facial expression these days I think she has figured that out about herself. 

Braverman not going gently into that good night.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/19/liz-truss-government-on-the-brink-after-suella-bravermans-parting-shot?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“Turning and turning in the widening gyre   

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere   

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst   

Are full of passionate intensity.“

The Second Coming

William Butler Yeats

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 1

Fighting in the LobbY!!!

Whips resigning using the "F" word and then "un-resigning"

Home secretary gone!

I have to confess to a certain frisson of schadenfreude ....... 

Make no mistake - this started with Brexit - they called it "project fear"!

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just replying to your claim that Truss is no longer PM and that Hunt has replaced her in a coup  

I have to say that I find your posts on this thread and on others extremely underwhelming. 

Your literal and naive interpretations of people's comments seem to belie a pitiful lack of understanding .... of just about anything being discussed. 

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I have to say that I find your posts on this thread and on others extremely underwhelming. 

Your literal and naive interpretations of people's comments seem to belie a pitiful lack of understanding .... of just about anything being discussed. 

Says you who claims that the UK cannot find a New PM to replace Truss who has been removed in a coup !!!!!!!!!!!!!