Liz Truss: What the world is saying about UK turmoil

Scott

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And let's not forget that the conservative party members elected her and somehow they thought she is the best person in that whole party to lead them. Wow. Lose/lose. You did it! And what will be next?

You've never picked a woman you thought was great, but turned out a disaster when you got her home then?

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And let's not forget that the conservative party members elected her and somehow they thought she is the best person in that whole party to lead them.

No they did not select her as the best person from the whole party.  The membership were only offered a choice of her or Rushi after the MPs had had their votes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You've never picked a woman you thought was great, but turned out a disaster when you got her home then?

That depends on what I had in mind with that woman.

We can all guess but never know about the bedroom performance before we try it. 

But when we look for a person for a top management job there are lots of criteria to look for. One is to look at her/his past performance over the last years. Is this person capable and suitable for that new job?

For Liz Truss the answers are obviously No and No. 

But then again, do they still have any capable people left in that party? And if there are any, does any of them want that job in the current situation? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pegman said:

The Guardian is widely known as the best and most reliable English newspaper in the entire world. It is also one of the very few British publications which did not cheer on Liz 'Twas  and her disastrous economic policies.  Obviously fascist readers of the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph, The Sun and the like would not see it that way. 

Ah, the old "If you're not an extreme Leftist you must be a fascist" argument.

Good to see you keeping it classy Pegman. ????

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ah, the old "If you're not an extreme Leftist you must be a fascist" argument.

Good to see you keeping it classy Pegman. ????

Only to be pulled out when anyone left of ctr are  characterized as communists.  As someone who actually worked with quite a few communists I know their viewpoint is that even social democrats like myself are fascists. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pegman said:

Only to be pulled out when anyone left of ctr are  characterized as communists.  As someone who actually worked with quite a few communists I know their viewpoint is that even social democrats like myself are fascists. 

Actually many Guardian columnists are self declared Communists. Ash Sarkar is one that I already mentioned. I was merely stating the facts.

The Guardian is an extremely biased, hard left rag. To declare that it is widely known as the best English newspaper in the world is ludicrous. Unless of course, by "widely known" you actually mean "within hard left echo chambers".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

the same person who said 2 days ago " I am a fighter not a quitter""  ???????????? 

I've had KFC in the fridge longer than her tenure. 

Do you think she'll include that job on her CV or will she give it a miss  ...  :cheesy:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s an accusation that can be justifiably laid against the Daily Mail, The Express and the Times. 

Historical facts.

Really? These newspapers promote a system of government led by a Dictator, ruling by force and violently suppressing criticism? Who knew? ????

I knew she was going to be useless ,when I seen her make the "Pork Belly's" speech ,

I don't  see anyone in any political party that can get the country out of the mess it's in,

it needs a strong leader like Winston Churchill or Maggie Thatcher , and there is just

not anyone of that caliber around.....they are all muppets ,Boris Johnson the biggest,

although he will be most likely be  the front runner ,  

regards Worgeordie

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Oh, please, you tried getting away with that one once. She's not a member of the editorial board. Her views don't represent the Guardian's. What makes your comment especially ridiculous is that the Guardian backed the UK's participation in the 2nd Iraq war. Along with virtually all the Conservatives and unlike the left wing of the Labor Party. 

And who are all these communist columnists?

Here's a list of the Guardian's  columnists. Can you share with us which ones are Communists? If not, you should stop spreading falsehoods.

George Monbiot
Aditya Chakrabortty
Marina Hyde 
Zoe Williams  
Polly Toynbee  
Frances Ryan 
Owen Jones  
Jonathan Freedland 
Simon Jenkins  
Martin Kettle  
Natalie Nougayrède
Afua Hirsch
Timothy Garton Ash  
Hugh Muir  
Hadley Freeman
Gaby Hinsliff
John Harris  
Charlotte Higgins 
Rafael Behr 
Nesrine Malik 

Richard Adams 
Anushka Asthana 
Owen Bowcott
 Libby Brooks 
Severin Carrell 
Gabrielle Chan 
John Crace 
Paul Daley 
Helen Davidson 
Ben Doherty 
Lauren Gambino 
Jessica Glenza 
Amelia Hill 
Felicity Lawrence 
David Marr 
Rowena Mason 
Justin McCurry 
Katharine Murphy 
Helen Pidd 
Ed Pilkington
Opinion
Richard Ackland 
Van Badham 
Frankie Boyle 
Adam Brereton 
Emma Brockes 
Oliver Burkeman 
Aditya Chakrabortty 
Nick Cohen 
Victoria Coren Mitchell 
Barbara Ellen 
Jonathan Freedland 
Hannah Giorgis 
Will Hutton 
Simon Jenkins 
Financial
Sarah Butler
 Rob Davies 
Larry Elliott 
Simon Goodley 
Phillip Inman 
Julia Kollewe 
Angela Monaghan 
Rupert Neate 
Richard Partington 
Nils Pratley 
Dominic Rushe 
Mark Sweney 
Graeme Wearden 
Zoe Wood
Fiona Harvey 
Damian Carrington 
Oliver Milman 
Adam Vaughan 
Matthew Taylor 
Liz Ford
Sandra Laville 
Jonathan Watts

Prove to me that they are not supporters of Communism.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody owes you a list of the political beliefs of Guardian columnists.

You’ve made an assertion that you refuse to back up.

It’s nobody else’s job to prove your assertions. 

You are asserting that it is not a Communist rag.

So back it up.

Just now, baboon said:

I am not the one who stated categorically that many Guardian columnists are self declared communists. You are. The onus is on you to back your assertion or face ridicule.

You are asserting that there are not many Guardian columnists that are Communists.

So back up your statement.

Go on, run along...

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Honorable people back up their assertions. Others say things like  "Prove to me that they are not supporters of Communism."

The onus is on you as much as it is on me. Do you lack honour?