Cabinet set to consider 4am closing for entertainment venues in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, superal said:

At 4 am I would have too much booze and there would be no ugly women until

I wake up in the morning in my bed and say to her " who the xxxx are you ? " 

And the reply was.

Hi my name was pop you not remember last night.

Now do you want to be, mummy or daddy, this time !!! :w00t: 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

I grew up in New York when the drinking age was 18 and bars closed at 4:00 throughout the state. It was easy to find 15 and 16 year old girls in the bars. There were also  complaints about loud music in the wee hours of the morning.

I recall one place in particular near in a residential neighborhood outside of the village limits received complaints from local residents for loud music and cars going fast up and down the roads by rowdy drivers. 

The police responded to the complaints by doing what they called ABC  (alcohol beverage commission) checks. That weeded out underage drinkers. Also, at4:00 a.m. the police would position themselves on the roads near the bar and check patrons for sobriety. The police did this frequently over a period of time. This discouraged people from going to the bar and staying until closing time. It was effective but of course depended upon a police force that was minimally corrupt (outside of NYC). In NYC back in the day the police force may have rivaled the Thai police for corruption, remember Serpico and the Knapp Commission? 

My point, perhaps in a long-winded manner, is that 4am closings can be managed. The key is zoning. If the bar scene is in an entertainment Zone, it can be managed and protect people who need their sleep at night. This would be good for Thailand. I wonder how many young children of tourists while walking in Pattaya have said, "Daddy, was isn't that women wearing clothes?" 

Finally, you got to remember that 2:00 am closing really means 4:00 closing in Thailand so by having earlier closing are you really preventing anything? You are in fact creating profits for police and lawyers? Also 4am closings are a breath of fresh air in this era of endless crackdowns.

I will be anxious to see the results of 4am closing for bars from any reliable polling.

• Like 1

First it would appear they deliberately tried to sabotage nightlife here, in order to purify the nation, in their own image of perfection. Now, desperation is setting in, and it is likely Prayuth is getting a good dressing down, behind the scenes, by his puppet masters.

So, now they want to extent the hours. Pathological behavior? Unhinged? Or have they finally regained their senses, through great economic damage and peril? 

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Club one in Pattaya has announced they are the first to apply for 4am closing! 

And in another headline were raided at 3 am over the weekend but the 200 or so punters  a mix of thai and foreign dancing and drinking there mostly broke through the RTP cordon and escaped in to what was left of the night when the police tried to marshal them for drug pee tests, which if positive would have meant arrest and interrogation at Pattaya police station during which it has in the past been possible to negotiate release and wiping of the arrest and interrogation record after an appropriate amount of " dancing " about the subject for a few hours to soften up one side and firm up the other....and an amount.

I think it is sad if they want this to happen in Pattaya, now known as a world class family-destination without any prostitution.

I hope the PM sets a stop to these crazy ideas. I am sure he will, as he can see beyond selfishness/greed and know what is best for all Thai-people.

Edited by khunpa
  • Haha 1

Never close and I want a 24 hour tap in 7-11.  Put in 10 baht, small glass.   I'm done with all this water stuff.

I came to Thailand to sleep when it's hot and go to sleep at 5:30 a.m.!!!!!  After 7 years I've heard of only about 20 falangs getting a divorce.  Once we get back to 4 a.m., we can easily get to triple digits!!!