Legal abortions to be available at 110 locations in Thailand from Oct 27th

webfact

6 hours ago, jesimps said:

I know there are many on here of a left thinking persuasion who'll disagree with me, but I don't care and certainly won't bother to argue the toss, but this news disgusts me. Abortion in my opinion, is the premeditated murder of a child. Humankind seems to be regressing.

Though I disagree, I respect your opinion, but I hope that (1) you acknowledge that you have a minority opinion, even in many Catholic countries; (2) you don’t proselytize; and (3) you would also favor laws making fathers, even those who have disappeared or abandoned their not-yet-born children, legally responsible for 50 percent of the cost of raising that child to age 18. What “disgusts” me is abortion laws that make the woman, the doctor, even the Uber driver liable, while the man who inseminates the woman and causes the pregnancy gets off scot-free.

On 10/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, jesimps said:

I know there are many on here of a left thinking persuasion who'll disagree with me, but I don't care and certainly won't bother to argue the toss, but this news disgusts me. Abortion in my opinion, is the premeditated murder of a child. Humankind seems to be regressing.

Yeah I wanted to write the same, but after seeing the reactions to your post I pooped my pants because I care so much what others, especially strangers on an internet forum, think about me...

No, but for real now, I fully agree with you.

The only situation where abortion should be allowed is when a woman got raped.

Otherwise society is tackling the problem from the wrong way, as always.

People <deleted> around senselessly, without love or long-term planning because this is what media is telling young people to do to be "cool" and women get pregnant. So what do we do? Exactly, allow these women to abort/kill their child.

I guess changing our society for better and educating kids that you should wait until you find a right partner and if you found them, do not exchange them at the first-best opportunity, is too reasonable for this mad and crazy world.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, wombat said:

No...its evolving so that males can no longer tell a female what she can or can't do with her body.

<deleted>..

So first many people here wrote it would be the mans fault who put his d*ck into the woman's p*ssy if she got pregnant.

Are you serious? The woman decides who enters her! If it was not a rape, which in 99% of the abortion cases did not happened.

So the woman is equally "responsible" for the cute little being growing inside her womb.

First that.

Secondly, there were a bunch of cases in the past where a woman did an abortion against the will of the father. The father wanted the child and the mother just got an abortion.

When you consider that rationally and biologically the child is 50% the father, this is absolutely favoring the woman and suppressing the man. She is basically killing his child against his will and the father can do nothing.

But well, this is in accordance with the "evolving" you mentioned as how I can see since many years. Women are getting more and more rights and are constantly being favored, while men continually get their right cropped and restricted.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comments removed
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

Have you ever watched how abortion is done. There used to be YouTube videos, but now it’s been censored.

The executioner uses a huge suringe and stabes it into the soft part of the skull and then sucks out the baby’s brain. Next, the executioner turns the baby, feet first and then yanks the baby out - barbaric and sinister process.

The left is always lecturing about following the science. The science tells us that a baby’s heart ❤️ is beating at ~ 8 weeks and the baby can feel pain at 20 weeks.

As long as it is in the mother, it is an embryo. As soon as the embryo comes out, it is 'promoted' to baby. A baby can live independently (on its own), an embryo can not...

Using republican words, such as 'executioner',  'huge syringe' (mind the spelling!), 'stabs', 'suck out the brain', 'yank it out' and 'barbaric and sinister' shows pretty clearly  your distorted views of humanity.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

Have you ever watched how abortion is done. There used to be YouTube videos, but now it’s been censored.

The executioner uses a huge suringe and stabes it into the soft part of the skull and then sucks out the baby’s brain. Next, the executioner turns the baby, feet first and then yanks the baby out - barbaric and sinister process.

The left is always lecturing about following the science. The science tells us that a baby’s heart ❤️ is beating at ~ 8 weeks and the baby can feel pain at 20 weeks.

Strange that the people like you, who use the word  "execution" for the termination of not yet viable life, are exactly the same people who are in favor of execution of actually living people. 

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Here we go again: a bunch of old men discussing what young women should do with their bodies

or are there any young women on TV?

When it comes to killing unborn Children, we all should have a say .

Woman can do what they like with their own bodies , when there is another body involved, other people have the right to get involved .

The living thing inside the woman should nt be a thing that can be killed and disposed off at will

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When it comes to killing unborn Children, we all should have a say .

Why for heavens sake should you have a say if Lek wants to kill her unborn baby???

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

when there is another body involved

There is no other body involved

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

other people have the right to get involved .

Most definitely not you and me

• Like 2

Just now, Lorry said:

Why for heavens sake should you have a say if Lek wants to kill her unborn baby???

There is no other body involved

Most definitely not you and me

If Lek wants to kill my Children, I should have a say in the matter .

Should a Mother have the legal right to kill her Child ?

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If Lek wants to kill my Children, I should have a say in the matter .

Should a Mother have the legal right to kill her Child ?

It is only and should be the woman's choice, especially in a country where men escape responsibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

It is only and should be the woman's choice, especially in a country where men escape responsibility. 

I think that the baby should have a say in the matter .

Wait until the baby is 18 years old and then let the Mother and Child decide whether she kills the now adult

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think that the baby should have a say in the matter .

Wait until the baby is 18 years old and then let the Mother and Child decide whether she kills the now adult

That's trolling and you in now it

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

my Children

Sorry, didn't know you impregnated Lek.

Congratulations 

Hopefully, the kid will inherit his or her intelligence from the mother

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Sorry, didn't know you impregnated Lek.

Congratulations 

Hopefully, the kid will inherit his or her intelligence from the mother

You are saying that you hope that the child inherits the intelligence of the Parent that wants to kill the child and not inherit the intelligence of the parent that wants to keep the baby alive ?

14 hours ago, jesimps said:

So unwanted children abused by parents and suffering a horrible childhood is okay?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The current left position in the US seems to be to allow abortion of an innocent up to the moment of birth, whilst trying to stop death sentences for evil murderers - go figure. I would not call that going backwards, I'd call that going nuts !

I'd also call that nuts if it were true but its not. This is also not about right or left wing, its about Thailand and its pledge to its constitutional principle that an individual has rights and liberties over their life and body.

17 hours ago, mwbrown said:

Great, don't have one then.  Live your life the way you want, but keep your nose out of everyone else's.

Oh wow.

But that is what the government is doing, that is what the Judicial is doing, thinking, discussing, proposing actions, and then getting its nose in the life of everyone else...

And typically everyone else is able to have an opinion on such actions, which influences his views of the governance.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'd also call that nuts if it were true but its not. This is also not about right or left wing, its about Thailand and its pledge to its constitutional principle that an individual has rights and liberties over their life and body.

Yes agree.

The fetus should have rights and liberties over its life and body.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The current left position in the US seems to be to allow abortion of an innocent up to the moment of birth, whilst trying to stop death sentences for evil murderers - go figure. I would not call that going backwards, I'd call that going nuts !

Absolute nonsense, the only way late abortions are allowed to happen if there is a serious risk to the health of the mother e.g. she has a high chance of dying. 

Late abortions are not performed on a whim, that is just another lie pushed by right-wing media. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lujanit said:

My daughter had an abortion when she was 15.  That was a long time ago.  I still have mixed feelings about it.  Her mother organized it, I was unaware until it was over.????

That's just horrible.

I've also encountered a woman arranging the murder of her grand-child (a boy), I never had contact with her again, and she couldn't understand why. I didn't find out until too late, or I would have stopped the abortion.

Edited by BritManToo

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you insist on calling it murder, call it murder. Doesn’t make any difference because whatever you call it there is a difference between  a fetus and after a person is born. 

Correct. At the moment a baby leaves the womb god breaths life into it and it magically becomes a person, before that it is merely an inanimate object. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So unwanted children abused by parents and suffering a horrible childhood is okay?

Those parents should have a choice if they'd rather exterminate the baby rather than let it suffer a horrible childhood then I've got no problem with that.  

1 minute ago, Venom said:

Correct. At the moment a baby leaves the womb god breaths life into it and it magically becomes a person, before that it is merely an inanimate object. 

Nobody said inanimate object. But part of the mother's body and not the same as after its born.

To clarify you won't find many people  approving very late term abortion unless in extreme circumstances such as protecting the life of the mother.

The specific about nation's laws for the timing of allowing more usual reasons abortions are of course a matter of legislative decisions as Thailand is doing.

2 minutes ago, Venom said:

Those parents should have a choice if they'd rather exterminate the baby rather than let it suffer a horrible childhood then I've got no problem with that.  

I agree totally, many pregnancies are unforeseen for a multitude of reasons.

The choice of termination should be an option for these times.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Absolute scaremongering nonsense. No one and no country in the world is talking about allowing 'abortion of an innocent up to the moment of birth'.

If you can't get your facts right then simply don't comment. 

• Thumbs Up 1