Video: Thai beauty sends impassioned anti-war message to 'murdering' Putin - shames Thai govt

webfact

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

As for Putin and his war mongering mates, they need to be exterminated once and for all. 

Please try to avoid the word "exterminate" when talking about humans. No idea how good your history is but this word carries a terrible burden ...... 

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

The Thai gov't has a diplomatic tightrope to walk. So, too much 'in your face' condemnation' of a trading partner country has no diplomatic nor practical benefit. But, to allow one of your citizens to morally condemn Russia, is refreshing, to include not preventing her statement from being viewed on media -- as I would imagine that had she been Chinese, her statement would have been cut off right after being uttered. Hey, Thailand isn't a perfect democracy, but, with certain cultural limitations, it does have free speech. So, Russia, maybe this is the beginning of what the Thai people think of your war crimes.

Nice to see and hear not just a beautiful person, but a smart, thoughtful one.

Agree with some of your sentiments but to say thailand has free speech?? Need to think about that really ? ???? if I get a horrible hotel full of insects or bad food I can not name and shame .let alone criticise any one of power so I'm not going to start waving the freedom flag yet. I wonder if her speech had mentioned neighbouring Myanmar and the military crackdown on its own citizens if received same freedom 

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Celebrities can say a lot. Putin will likely never hear what she said and even if he would hear it, he probably couldn't care less.

But if some official Thai politician or government spokesperson would say something bad about Putin or Russia then he might notice and he might decide to show Thailand that there are consequences.

IMHO that doesn't mean nobody should ever criticize others. But politicians and especially leaders of countries should think it through and don't just say something because they feel that should be said.

What consequences? Thailand is already in China's pocket. Banning Russians from traveling to Thailand when they can fly to other destinations first won't have much of an impact.

Russians know they are in a war now, no more "special military operation" BS. Russians are either getting out as fast as they can, or going into hiding to avoid conscription. The general mood seems to be one of sullen resentment. Not a good start for any military.

4 hours ago, marcusb said:

Irregardless of how one views the topic, she has courage.  She could have got a crowd response on any number of topics, she didn't do this just for 'likes'. 

I care more about her speaking out,  which in my opinion Thais need to do a bit more. She knew before she spoke that she is going to upset some important people.  She did it anyhow.

Great job, young lady hope there are no consequences for you. 

You restore the faith in Thai people, well done

• Like 1

Congrats to her at least she has spine and a ticker unlike the bet each way Thai politicians think ???????????? of who or whom ever they can get it off Like most politicians world wide all they are the legal Mafioso if covid did prove it to all the dummies who had crack.at tin hat brigade You were wrong its big pharmaceutical medical ponzi scheme you will.own nothing but will be happy Medical profession should hang the heads in shame WHO WEF War criminals .. And so is Ukraine war terrible what's going on this world has turned into one could say not so similar to the Na_i medical experiments 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Note to Prayuth and his goombahs. This is what courage and morality looks like! Such an extreme opposite from the vacuous level of ethics you guys demonstrate. 

Money usurps ethics in Thailand, always. It seems this is ingrained in the Thai minds from birth. It is excepted without questioning, nothing else matters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Should the Thai government tell Putin that he is a murderer?

And should they do the same with other countries and their leaders?

Should they tell China what to do and don't do?

Maybe tell the USA not to invade so many countries?

And don't forget to tell the leaders in Saudi Arabia what bad people they are.

Any other countries? Sure. Tell them all about their mistakes.

And then?

What about if these countries react to that?

No more business with Thailand? Or maybe business with bad conditions?

No more tourists and no more money from people from those countries?

And then? I guess then the same people will criticize the Thai government again for high prices, high unemployment, no tourists, etc.

The world is not black and white. There are not only good or only bad countries and leaders. The world is complicated. Sometimes it's good to think again about consequences - before criticizing others.

A country that invades another country attempting to conquer it and in the process killing tens and thousands of its citizens deserves all the criticism it gets, and then some.

That also goes for a country that has military coups as it's main form of power transfer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

These days even deaf folks throw some cr*p toward Russia, so her imagemakers made this speech: must say something about world peace? Putin's perfect target! $600 electric bills in EU are also his faults. 

hit a raw nerve?  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Did she mention the over 14 thousand Russian speaking Ukrainians killed at the hands of their own government since 2014. Can she enlighten me on the minsk accord or the orange Revolution? Of course not. Not to mention those poor souls burnt alive in Odessa. Maybe the Nazi Ukrainian military might be a clue.

She can certainly enlighten you on the B.S. about 14,000 Ukrainians killed at the hands of their own government since 2014. I can enlighten on the Minsk.

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe better for her to keep her opinion to herself. How much does she really know? If it is just what is in the news then she should think again until she can find out what is and what isnt true.

So what is and what isn’t true, then, pray tell? Have you got boots on the ground or are you one of these types that believes that anything and everything put out by main stream media is propaganda? That’s all the rage nowadays, isn’t it? So what if that madman was somehow provoked by the US by having former Soviet bloc states loving up to NATO; it doesn’t make what he’s doing in Ukraine justified by any stretch. The bloke is sick and unhinged and having this girl speak out in a country that also has a dubious leadership is pretty ballsy. Good on her! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1