Israeli man arrested at Phuket Airport with 55 firearm bullets

snoop1130

14 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

Just have to look up the ammount of times the TSA messed up.

Props to the security screeners. Also 5.56 Ak 19 rounds aint exactly hard to spot on an xray ????

Maybe next time he will have better luck if he hides them up his bum

5.56 or .223 are for M-16 not AK

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Sakoo Police told the Phuket Express that on Wednesday (October 26th) they have arrested a 29-year-old Israeli man at the Phuket International Airport. He was heading to Bangkok.

Hmmm.  I wonder how he got into Phuket with that cargo. ????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Must be missing some thing in his head 

Should know the X-Ray scanner would have picked them up

No doubt the police will be interested in where he

Obtained them from ????

Probably quite east to obtain in Israel.  How did they get past security at his starting airport to fly to BKK?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
15 hours ago, Elkski said:

How did he get on a plane with some ammo?

He didn't. Where did you read that he did?

The full story says last time he entered Thailand was 2018, so one must presume he arrived at Phuket International airport, with them in his luggage, unless he somehow obtained them after landing in the airport.

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The full story says last time he entered Thailand was 2018, so one must presume he arrived at Phuket International airport, with them in his luggage, unless he somehow obtained them after landing in the airport.

You might presume that, and then he kept them in his suitcase for four years. I presume that he might have obtained them while in Thailand, which I read isn't difficult to do. Why he wanted them, I have no idea. Nor do your or I know where and when he got them.

Also, if he came in from Israel there is an absolutely zero chance that he would have got them through Israeli security. Zero.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I would like to know how and where he got them. Then why he was trying ti bring them to Israel.

Go back and check the OP..

Not to Israel, from Israel.

As a poster above noted though, getting these rounds past Israeli security must be nigh on impossible.. but..

Edited by bobbin

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Aren't most male and female Israelis required to serve national military service? They would like be very accustomed to carrying, handling and using ammunition. How he came to have it in Thailand was not stated. Still, he should have known that there was a good chance of it being discovered but likely he didn't see it as an issue.

The Thais seem to be quite good at scanning checked-in baggage these days. I was reported by Thai authorities to UK customs who were waiting for me and my checked-in baggage 2 months ago. My suspected crime was carrying ashes of a deceased friend back to the UK. Looked like organic matter on the scan - as I had all the paperwork there was no issue. My point being, the Thais do scan well and will report suspicious items. Just try getting a power bank through! No chance!!!

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, every time I fly back and forth to the UK I always have a power bank with me for obvious reasons, and although I always had my laptop checked, I have never been pulled up.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Officers found 55 bullets, 5.56 mm, in his luggage which are used for a rifle after the X-ray process. The Israeli man admitted that the bullets belonged to him, according to Sakoo police.

Says a lot for the departing airports security screening .

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How on Earth was he expecting to get on an airplane with those ?

What was he thinking 

It is permissible to carry ammunition in checked luggage. However you must inform the authorities upon check in.  Whether he did this or not, is uncertain.

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

Presumably because that's all he had, had he have more he would have been carrying more... in any case, one has to be utterly daft to be carrying ammo on a plane...

Unless he was expecting to pickup the rifle from "RTP Discounts"

Edited by Bobydog
Spelling error

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Stupid thing o do .......now they will be looking into his background (hopefully)

to see what else he has been  up to ...

regards worgeordie

If the guy is Mossad? (they did not give his name !?!?) you will never hear from it anymore,...