Foreign tourists flocking back to Thailand - Immigration chiefs act to fill booths at airport/address crowding

webfact

12 hours ago, PJ71 said:

This total nonsense.

I travel through this airport all the time and have never been processed in 45 seconds, even during covid, total lies.

Probably was 45 seconds since the general was standing around watching! After he left back to business as usual. 555

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Richard1950 said:

If you have half a mind to go on holiday to Thailand that is all you need, especially with Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia in the same area. At least those countries pretend to like you and give you value for money whereas Thais hate all falangs and rip them off openly. More fool people who are taken in by the land of smiles - there's more sincerity in a crocodile's smile.

How much did she rip you off ?

16 hours ago, BritScot said:

Have you seen the cost of flights to thailand? People who are flying to Thailand aren't bothered about an extra 5p on a tin of beans....

Might be bothered by the extra £500 on their energy bills though! 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Richard1950 said:

If you have half a mind to go on holiday to Thailand that is all you need, especially with Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia in the same area. At least those countries pretend to like you and give you value for money whereas Thais hate all falangs and rip them off openly. More fool people who are taken in by the land of smiles - there's more sincerity in a crocodile's smile.

47 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

How much did she rip you off ?

That was my question as well, the poster seems to be very bitter and a Thai Basher, where is our resident Thai Citizen who can chime in on the bashing......

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The extra on the bills in the west is what is keeping my family there as they would still need to heat the house etc....while over here on a visit, and so even with extra money in the bank it is Christmas and they can spend it on the kids at home by going Skiing etc....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, webfact said:

Siam Rath reported that foreign tourists were arriving in Thailand at their highest numbers since the pandemic decimated the industry.

Considering the tourism trade only accounted for 12-20% of the economy I often wonder why we get fed daily news on every arrival?

How come we don't get daily breakdowns in the manufacturing areas that make-up 80%?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes energy bills are going up but mine aren't high enough to justify the flights to move to our house in Thailand.  I have a Smart Meter and it showed my highest day yesterday of £4.50 (normally £3ish) which would predict £150 a month (I'm all electric). My last quarterly bill which I paid in 2 weeks ago was £297 which is less than £100 a month.  What is concerning me is the treat of power cuts!

On 11/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, khunjeff said:

My experience has been that this "help" consists of hiring pouty teenage interns to shout "passport!" and "boarding pass!" in heavily accented English at people entering the queue. 

They used to use their great expertise to demand that the telephone contact number on the TM6 was "correct" and "complete"......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

They used to use their great expertise to demand that the telephone contact number on the TM6 was "correct" and "complete"......

TM6 is no longer required or used for new arrivals.  However, those of us who entered before they canceled them still have them.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

TM6 is no longer required or used for new arrivals.  However, those of us who entered before they canceled them still have them.

I have one I already filled out and I make a point of offering it every time I go through immigration - I enjoy the eye-rolling over the mask look....

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, PJ71 said:

This total nonsense.

I travel through this airport all the time and have never been processed in 45 seconds, even during covid, total lies.

Were you one of the ones at the APEC meeting?

Edited by kwak250

On 11/2/2022 at 10:04 PM, 3NUMBAS said:
Why are there no BA flights to Bangkok?

This is because this route yields low tourist traffic and there is tight price competition from Middle East carriers. “We regularly keep our extensive global network under review and have taken the decision to extend the suspension of our Bangkok service,” BA was quoted by TTG Media as saying.26 Jul 2022

Flight only ticket prices look sky high atm compared to pre Covid days. At least double even treble. Perhaps it's different if you book a package with hotel or travel on a tour? I looked at few packaged deals for 10 day stay in Bangkok, obviously depends on the hotel classification but these too seemed alot more expensive than before which must be the flight ticket price.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, jacko45k said:

I'm not seeing it that bad. Last month I used under £100 and its looking like this month I will use between £130 ~ £150 and I'm all electric and live in Scotland. I'm more worried about power cuts. Yes there are increases in the cost of living and those on a tight budget are in for a very rough time and those who put a little away for holidays will be using that money now....