Unfair criticism of Thailand’s immigration is unacceptable although other functions at airports could be improved upon

webfact

47 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No domestic. I drank the water I had. Didnt have to toss it. They were friendly. Far more friendly than Oz. Oz scanners are all soup Nazis like in Seinfeld. Most miserable people out.

Thai staff in general way more friendly.

Totally agree on Oz. Unbelievably rude, they act like prison guards and you are the prisoner. I'm pretty sure they get off on it. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Probley all based on money and greed.... If they can't Handle the amount of people or planes..they should not allow them on flight schedule....... Bit like a nightclub compassity. Full Should be full...

Yeah, Thailand should just be able to arbitrarily cancel international flights - brilliant solution, genius.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

You have to be nice to people in the private sector. These people are never nice. Nobody would hire them.

Why do you think they act the way they do, people treat them with contempt, lie, and also try to get by with illegal contraband and stuff.  You build up a certain amount enough of tolerance in the public sector but too much BS, lies and deceit from normal everyday people who are in the private sector is too much sometimes and those Bull<deleted>ters cause the issues that normal folks end up seeing.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why do you think they act the way they do, people treat them with contempt, lie, and also try to get by with illegal contraband and stuff.  You build up a certain amount enough of tolerance in the public sector but too much BS, lies and deceit from normal everyday people who are in the private sector is too much sometimes and those Bull<deleted>ters cause the issues that normal folks end up seeing.

So why are the Thais nice? Oz has very little drug imports really. Most passengers are polite.

You obviously never been there.

There is no economy without the private sector.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Yes more friendly. Immigration no issue either. No card to fill out. Quick fingerprint scan. Never been asked where Im staying. Sawadee Khrup, Khorp Khun Khrup. Done.

i first came here in 2003 stayed for 6 years went home for 10 and came back.

i used to do monthly border runs at sadao - never even asked a single question in 3 plus years of doing it.

entered don meung and suv many many times and same - never been asked a single question. 

ever. 

• Like 1

I arrived DM airport Sunday morning, no queue immigration guy was great, no questions checked passport on computer stamped me in and he was polite, very easy the time before also was the same as this and that was at Suvanaphum and there was big queues so I thought just try the fast track entry see if they send me to the normal queue but so so surprised just went straight through no problem.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is just and fair and Thailand has had issues at immigration in the airports for many years. It is time to take responsibility for criticism and not behave like a child "throwing their rattle out of a pram".

Accept the criticism, learn from it and the country and system will benefit.

I agree with you 200%.

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up for people travelling in business or first. You used to need an 'invitation card' to use the Fastrack Immigration facility, but there was a busy black market in people selling these things to other passengers who didn't want to put up with the big queues. Anyway, the cards have been done away with now and you just show your boarding pass to get in, it's for first, business, VIP's and flight crews. Or at least that was the situation 3 weeks ago when I arrived.

Just now, Guderian said:

Just a heads up for people travelling in business or first. You used to need an 'invitation card' to use the Fastrack Immigration facility, but there was a busy black market in people selling these things to other passengers who didn't want to put up with the big queues. Anyway, the cards have been done away with now and you just show your boarding pass to get in, it's for first, business, VIP's and flight crews. Or at least that was the situation 3 weeks ago when I arrived.

For those with lots of recent entry stamps... avoid the fast track even when flying J / F. It's usually MUCH quieter than the main queues and they have a lot more time to be thorough looking through all your entries.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is just and fair and Thailand has had issues at immigration in the airports for many years. It is time to take responsibility for criticism and not behave like a child "throwing their rattle out of a pram".

Accept the criticism, learn from it and the country and system will benefit.

You Expect Immigration Division of the RTP to act logically, that sadly is AGAINST Thai Culture !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Immigration clearance can be done enroute to simplify travel.  Security screening has been done  before take off. Simplify the system don't make it buearatic and complicated.  Use Elons "AI" if you wish but stop F2F screening it won't stop the criminals only slow down the honest holiday makers. 

I mean we are in the 19th century aren't we?

1 hour ago, CLW said:

not rocket science: immigration should know the departure and arrival timetable and aircraft size, then staff the counters accordingly

Think  they need to start with the basics, then move on to more advanced stuff.

sl2.JPG

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your saying you went through Immigration flying domestic...thats laughable because you do not and I fly regularly in the country.....No immigration check through at all.  Fly into HKT, off the plane walk down the corridor, down the escalator, and over to baggage, pick up the bag and out the front door.....Flying out of Phuket, Check in at the counter, walk through the breezeway, have your bag scanned, and then head to your gate, no Immigration checpoint either.

Like you, I have travelled much inside Thailand over the last 20 years and recently as 4 days ago, to varying locations and never been remotely involved with Immigration. In fact. on my last four journeys, although I had my passport with me, my driving license covered me re ID, And out of interest, I didn't need my passport (driving license only) for five hotels and resorts on my recent trip to the islands. In essence, Immigration don't even know I have left my home Province for two weeks!

• Thumbs Up 1