Biden suggests voting for Republicans is a threat to democracy

onthedarkside

34 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You might want to ask why, if election denying candidates are such a threat, why did the Democratic party spend $43 million trying to get so-called "election deniers" ON the ballot? Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat.

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-spent-43-million-helping-election-deniers-win-their-primaries-1731068

Democrats Spend $46 Million to Expose ‘Satanic’ Election Deniers — and More

"In one ad, Minnesota secretary of state nominee Kim Crockett is shown calling herself the “election-denier-in-chief.” In Michigan, an ad shows secretary of state nominee Kristina Karamo saying that casual sex can lead to demonic possession. And in Arizona, an ad highlights Mark Finchem’s ties to QAnon, a conspiracy theory about a Satanic-worshipping cabal."

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-spend-46-million-expose-140550262.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Under the American system of democracy, disagreeing is fine.

BUT (regarding the documented activities of MAGA folks):

Armed insurrection is not.

Threatening to hang your political opponents is not.

Subverting elections with illegal schemes is not.

Harassing and intimidating election workers and voters is not.

Good.

55 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think you are being a touch disingenuous. Nobody overthrows a government with pepper spray, flagpoles, and  three dudes with guns.

One can safely assume that militia-style thugs like the Oath Keepers have myriad firearms at their disposal. There were approximately 10,000 rioters yet 9,997 of them "forgot" their guns.    Sure.

How many guns did it take to kill Abraham Lincoln or JFK, and thus remove democratically elected leaders?

In each case, just ONE was enough to accomplish their ends.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am not defending their actions whatsoever. The idiots who vandalized the Capitol deserve to be punished and mocked.  But not taken so seriously because they were incapable of doing any serious long term damage to the institutions of the nation. They had neither the means nor the intellectual horsepower to do it. 

OK, let's play "what if".  Worst case scenario: What if they actually DID find Pence and Pelosi and actually harmed them? The election results would not have changed, the vast majority of Americans would consider them murdering scumbags, and life would have gone on.  We would still have President Biden and a functioning political system. 

THAT is the difference between a riot and an insurrection. 

"THAT is the difference between a riot and an insurrection"

No that is the difference between a successful insurrection and a failed one.

Had the Oat keepers got all their weapons that they had ready into the building then it could have been much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

"All their weapons" meaning what exactly? Did they have a cache of AR-15s enough to equip an infantry company in the bed of a Dodge Ram somewhere close by?  I agree it would have been worse- worse for the idiots carrying the weapons. Being actually armed would have gotten a lot of them shot by police.  

But that didnt happen. The Oath Keepers "forgot" to bring their toys, had a bit of a tantrum in the Capitol, and now are getting spanked. Hardly cause for alarm. The federal system is not so fragile.

Terry Cummings told the jury during the second week of the historic seditious conspiracy trial that he traveled to Washington with several members of a group from Florida, bringing his own AR-15 rifle and ammunition box to contribute to the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) allegedly established by the group in a hotel outside the city.

“I have not seen that many weapons in one location since I was in the military,”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

"All their weapons" meaning what exactly? Did they have a cache of AR-15s enough to equip an infantry company in the bed of a Dodge Ram somewhere close by?  I agree it would have been worse- worse for the idiots carrying the weapons. Being actually armed would have gotten a lot of them shot by police.  

But that didnt happen. The Oath Keepers "forgot" to bring their toys, had a bit of a tantrum in the Capitol, and now are getting spanked. Hardly cause for alarm. The federal system is not so fragile.

They had their weapons stored nearby...waiting for Trump's call... as cited in the prior news reports here.

And as I said above, ONE gun is all it takes.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MAGA democracy:

Screenshot_1.jpg.73c41a418d7d0b2774ba0fcf53ff2745.jpg

https://youtu.be/b3_O91gyj9o

And, some 40% of Republicans (and 41% of so-called independents) surveyed believe violence against the government can be justified:

"While a 2015 survey found no significant partisan divide when it comes to the question of justified violence against the government, the new poll identified a sharper rise on the right — with 40 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of independents saying it can be acceptable. The view was held by 23 percent of Democrats, the survey finds."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/01/1-3-americans-say-violence-against-government-can-be-justified-citing-fears-political-schism-pandemic/

That's NOT democracy... And people who support that kind of action, as many Republicans do, are ANTI-democratic.

You don't need to show me videos of the riots to convince me that they took place. I believe you.   

Wish I could read the article but it is hidden behind a paywall. Sounds like a very general question was asked in order to provoke a certain response. Hence a quarter of Democrats agreeing.  

• Like 1
  • Love It 1