flying into dmk air aisa

The onward ticket is based on the airline not immigration. Some will ask some will not. You can use onwardflight.Com and pay to rent a ticket thats valid for 48 hours. You can print it the day before you fly and it will show as valid, if anyone asks to see a ticket. It auto cancels after 48 hours and is about $14 to $20 USD 

I fly internationally into Thailand about once a month. I'm almost always asked for my outbound/return flight by the airline at check in (since it's an immigration rule and they are responsible for you if you are denied).. At that point I point out my multiple re-entry permit and all is well. 

Several people I know have successfully used https://onwardticket.com/ to show an outbound ticket. It cost $14. 

11 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

its not an immigration policy, its the airline policy, so they are NOT responsible if ur denied entry

The airline requiring the onward flight at departure has been mentioned in every post. 

And it's the airline that will be responsible if refused entry by immigration upon arrival. 

Most often you will be returned to where your flight originated from .

It's the airline that will be dealing with the issue. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, K2938 said:

How about from Malaysia (Penang) with AirAsia in case you know?

I have a reentry permit and from experience of flying out and back to Saigon monthly over years I  have the passport page opened at reentry permit so that airline clerk not looking for visa.

Penang to Bangkok AirAsia will want to see onward flight if flying visa exempt entry to Thailand 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Immigration never asks. Airlines usually /often do. Flew with AirAsia into DMK from Saigon last week, and they wanted to see an outbound flight booking. Ditto 2 months ago with Vietjet. Don't know what they would have done if I hadn't had a booking.Maybe if you sign a waiver that you are willing to pay for any expenses incurred by being refused entry, would be enough. Probably not. 

I called my airline Saudi Air yesterday and asked if I checked in online if I needed to visit the check in desk since had no hold luggage and was told I am not required and I can go directly to immigration, hence no one can check the onward flight out of Thailand.

My experience might be different to others if the airline is different, if they allow online check in singularly and if actually have in hold luggage needing to check in. I am only providing this information since it might help others while possibly not be directly applicable to the poster, flying AirAsia.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:25 AM, zzzzz said:

its not an immigration policy, its the airline policy, so they are NOT responsible if ur denied entry

You are completely wrong. It is an immigration policy, though usually not required, it’s the airline who are responsible for flying you out and, if you don’t have money, paying for the flight also very possibly paying a fine to immigration, though naturally details are not published. Similarly immigration seldom asks for proof of adequate finances, though they can.

from the London embassy website 

please make sure that you are in possession of a passport valid for at least 6 months, a round-trip air ticket, and adequate finances equivalent to at least 10,000 Baht (150 pounds) per person or 20,000 Baht (300 pounds) per family. Otherwise, you maybe inconvenienced upon entry into the country.

You may consider being refused entry to Thailand as an  inconvenience

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Arrive PNH early, check in as soon as the desk opens. If denied boaridng then purchase a ticket booking online, it takes a few minutes, get back in line.

If you're denied entry (this would likely be due to reasons OTHER than not having an onward ticket) at BKK/DMK, etc. you will be responsible for purchasing a ticket to leave Thailand. The airline you arrived on may not be the airline you depart on, in this circumstance.

Personally I'd pony up the $15 for the onward ticket booking, it's "insurance".

Thai Imm/security services have scrubbed the manifest, within minutes of the aircraft taking off, for people requiring extra scrutiny on arrival.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There are quite a few passengers who will tell you that you are wrong. Correctly, immigration seldom asks.

Yes, I agree. Never say never. Never happened to me or friends of mine though . They probably sometimes ask when you raise a red flag for other reasons, like years in the country on visa exemptions and TVs. 

If ur concerned about needing an return/onward ticket ( it is NOW a requirement on air aisa) and dont want use onward ticket for $14
Book a ticket anywhere on Priceline.com ,,,,fully refundable up to 23 hours!!

"Book a flight with free cancellation for flexibility"

https://www.priceline.com/flights/?vrid=96cceded912e95944cdf9fd3405c13a3
problem solved 

• Like 1