'Not a repudiation': Joe Biden holds off red wave, gets unexpected boost from midterm election

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, candide said:

This is going to be good. ????

Trump:

"Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn’t it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 Million to 4.6 Million? Just asking?,” he asked."

And

If he runs, he runs,” Trump said, according to the Wall Street Journal. If DeSantis chooses to run, however, Trump could disclose “things about him that won’t be very flattering,” he warned. “I know more about him than anybody other than perhaps his wife, who is really running his campaign.” ????

https://news.yahoo.com/york-post-mocks-trumpty-dumpty-031852592.html

Again with the threats.

Melania, time to divorce lawyer up?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Those noises and stunts sound just like Biden.

Mis-using Florida taxpayer money to fly Venezuelan asylum seekers under false premises from Texas to Massachusetts?  When has Biden done anything like that?  https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2022/09/20/venezuelan-migrants-sue-desantis-for-flying-them-to-marthas-vineyard/?sh=1a21085b699d 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slip said:

Various different sources are reporting the republican senate tally at 49 and others at 48, as kindly posted by members on the thread.  Can anyone reconcile the discrepancy as I can't see to find out where it is.

Probably the Alaska election between two Republican candidates for the Senate, a result of Alaska's rank choice voting system.  I don't think a result has been declared, so it is technically an undecided election even though a Republican result is guaranteed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

I made a claim and backed it with facts exposed in a linked source. Now if you disagree and claim that there is a domestic shortage, why don't you bring up facts for a change, instead of trying to get other posters to waste their time, as usual?

You included nothing about the SPR. Ta ta.

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Mis-using Florida taxpayer money to fly Venezuelan asylum seekers under false premises from Texas to Massachusetts?  When has Biden done anything like that?  https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2022/09/20/venezuelan-migrants-sue-desantis-for-flying-them-to-marthas-vineyard/?sh=1a21085b699d 

Spending trillions of magic dollars on wasteful projects like the ridiculously named Inflation Reduction Act and (selective) student loan relief, while squandering U.S. fuel reserves earmarked for emergencies, during times of historically high inflation. 

And I didn't see too many complaints from the Floridians. Biden's policies and Harris's inaction have made the whole border/migration problem worse than ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you don't have an intelligent reply that involves refuting the facts and logic of a post, you shouldn't post at all.  It makes you look foolish.

BTW:  I don't watch news on television, I read.  You should try it.

If you don't watch TV then how can you slang Fox? 

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This is about filling it, maybe, not emptying it. At $100+ a barrel, really? Pipe dreams.

You asked why Biden is emptying the SPR.  He isn't.

The source said nothing about $100+ a barrel.  Still having reading problems?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You included nothing about the SPR. Ta ta.

If the U.S. is self-sufficient and even net exporter, I don't see how it is relevant (the trend of self-sufficiency is independent from). Now if you are able to show the net surplus of exports is due only to the sales of reserves, don't hesitate! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Sounds like you're not real happy with Biden's performance at all.

Wrong.  I don't think he created any of the problems, and I think he has done a good job of addressing them under difficult circumstances.  Listening to the opposition, he created all those problems.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

The Red/Blue map is misleading and requires reflection to interpret.

There are several combinations of 4 red states (eg. MT, WY, ND, SD) that have fewer people than Los Angeles county.

The visual impression is misleading as most of the red represents areas with very few people.

Mislead. That was the objective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Again with the threats.

Melania, time to divorce lawyer up?

Is Trump like a small poodle now? ????

Trump says 'I'd like to apologize to Melania' on behalf of news outlets that reported he blamed her for his failed endorsement of Dr. Oz

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-id-apologize-melania-165604006.html

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump now saying the election in Pennsylvania was rigged. "they don't want to check because they don't want to make me right"

image.jpeg.bd8f38554b2e7ef76679e9d3cb9f87db.jpeg

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1590842357750300677

Man is completely nuts.

His narcissistic nature prevents him from admitting to anything that bruises his oh so fragile ego.

Delusional. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

All the Extreme Republicans Boosted by Democrats in the Primaries Lost Their Midterm Races

Democrats faced criticism this year for investing nearly $19 million in the primary races of far-right Republican candidates, but their gamble appeared to pay off on election night.

According to an analysis by The Washington Post, Democrats intervened in 13 primary races to support the more extreme right-wing Republican, in the hopes that the Republican would be easier to defeat in the general election against a Democratic opponent. Of the six of those Republicans who won the primary, all of them lost their general election races by Wednesday.

(more)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/all-the-extreme-republicans-boosted-by-democrats-in-the-primaries-lost-their-midterm-races/ar-AA13Vncq

Time.jpg.0279c2ad764548a0f871024d86cf64b9.jpg

A lot of people on both sides criticized the Dems for helping extreme right wing candidates win their primaries.  But it turned out to be a savvy move.  Distasteful, but effective.  I for one thought it was risky, but it turns out American voters ended up making the right decisions.  In these races anyway.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, Berkshire said:

The GOP will have a slim majority in the House and the Dems will probably retain the Senate.

One or a hundred, it doesn't matter as the GOP takes control and they control the money.

GOP win = Biden loss.

Being happy because the defeat wasn't too bad is a bit sad, IMO.

Does a football team that loses by only 1 point cheer because it wasn't a "big" loss?

Anyway, what's taking so long to count the votes for the house? 2 days already. Pathetic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Inflation dropping in USA and spike in market values. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/nov/10/next-ceo-lord-wolfson-brexit-foreign-workers-uk-economy-us-inflation-ftx-bitcoin-business-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

trumpism coming to an end and economy starting to turn the corner. Light indeed at the end of the tunnel. 

Trumpism coming to an end, LOL. Not so if one is reading this thread as its full of the expected hate Trump posts from the usual posters. Thread isn't even about him.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, candide said:

This is going to be good. ????

Trump:

"Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn’t it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 Million to 4.6 Million? Just asking?,” he asked."

And

"If he runs, he runs,” Trump said, according to the Wall Street Journal. If DeSantis chooses to run, however, Trump could disclose “things about him that won’t be very flattering,” he warned. “I know more about him than anybody other than perhaps his wife, who is really running his campaign.” ????

https://news.yahoo.com/york-post-mocks-trumpty-dumpty-031852592.html

Seems he still owns certain posters given how many posts they devote to him, despite him not being president for 2 years and having been rendered irrelevant in the just past election.

:saai: