UK faces biggest fall in living standards on record

Scott

45,698 British Parliament Images, Stock Photos & Vectors ...

The UK faces its biggest drop in living standards on record as the surging cost of living eats into people's wages.

The government's forecaster said that household incomes - once rising prices were taken into account - would dive by 7% in the next few years.

It also expects the number of people who are unemployed to rise by more than 500,000.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63659936

BBC.jpg

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I agree, I think a snowball in hell has a better chance of not melting than a real redistribution of wealth.

After all, who makes the rules?

What the peasants need to understand is to buy assets.

And I don't mean just buy a home.

The reason the regular people can't get ahead is cos they just sit with cash in the bank their whole life's and never invest.

Nothing to do with "rules"

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Hmmmm. Do you think statistical records are a natural phenomenon? For such statistics to be compiled, there has to be a government agency to do it. I can't find any evidence so far back for the existence of such  records via sources that draw from government agencies. Maybe you have an idea where to find them?

And for you to...FRED stands for Fed. Res. Econ. Data.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A939RC0A052NBEA

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

What the peasants need to understand is to buy assets.

And I don't mean just buy a home.

The reason the regular people can't get ahead is cos they just sit with cash in the bank their whole life's and never invest.

Nothing to do with "rules"

Although you can lose all your money through investing the money 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone over 50 years old should have bought  house in the UK 30 years ago , those who chose the council house route are still paying rent whilst house buyers own their property outright 

If I'd rented a council house my divorce wouldn't have cost me 600,000 pounds, and I wouldn't be homeless. If I could go back and do it again, I'd have rented.

Back on topic,

Does everyone else agree that 2014 was the pinnacle of UK living standards?

Or does that assertion get a free pass?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

The reason the country is having problems is the bs so called virus where money was no object and mass immigration, throw out all the illegals and anyone receiving benefits make work even if it’s only picking up rubbish , treat pensioners better and kick every government worker up the <deleted>