Welcome to Thailand! World leaders get "kai yang" for dinner - but this is Betong Chicken

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

World leaders attending the APEC Summit will be getting grilled chicken at their Gala Dinner.

Not just any farm fed chicken however - they will be treated to Betong Chicken that is becoming increasing popular in Thailand and more well known around the world. 

Named after a southern Thai district the chickens are smaller, free range animals with a distinctive taste.

They will be grilled and prepared by Michelin star chef Chumphol Jaengphrai under the banner of "Sustainable Thai Gastronomy", reported Thai Rath yesterday.

President of the Betong Chicken producers and farms association Pol Sub-Lt Udom Laksana said it was a great honor but not the first time top politicians had sampled this kind of chicken.

ASEAN leaders were also treated to it at another summit.

He said proudly that this would be a timely boost to producers of the chicken raising awareness about the food both within Thailand and around the world. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

Designer chickens!

Hey, if somebody is willing to pay, go for it.

I saw a documentary piece about a noodle shop somewhere near Democracy Monument that sells soup for US$30 that has the tourists waiting in line all day.  But if you believe "you get what you pay for" then that is excellent soup!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Always makes me wonder why these people have to come to a location, have they not heard we have the internet and can set up meetings over secure links if required to just about anywhere in the world.

Probably because you can't spend "quality time" with a sexy bargirl over the internet.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Probably because you can't spend "quality time" with a sexy bargirl over the internet.

I am anything but tech savvy, but I do remember reading an article many, many moons ago in which they claimed that the Russians had developed "devices" which could be used for exactly such "internet encounters". The bloke plugged his "vagina-like" device into his PC and the woman, on the other end, plugged her "phallus-like" device into her PC and then they... got intimate. 

I never followed up on the story, so don't know what became of the project. 

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

I am anything but tech savvy, but I do remember reading an article many, many moons ago in which they claimed that the Russians had developed "devices" which could be used for exactly such "internet encounters". The bloke plugged his "vagina-like" device into his PC and the woman, on the other end, plugged her "phallus-like" device into her PC and then they... got intimate. 

I never followed up on the story, so don't know what became of the project. 

Well, it doesn't sound reasonable to me but it they could make it work, it would be the safest sex a person could have. Would I have to buy roses for my computer on special occasions?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Named after a southern Thai district the chickens are smaller, free range animals with a distinctive taste.

Yeah.. not farm fed on cheap granules of god knows what.

Distinctive taste means it actually has flavour and not the bland nothingness that most farmed chicken have.

• Like 1