Thai man who won 6 million in the state lottery goes to the police after his wife disappears with the cash - and her lover!

webfact

Never trust a woman - if the man is the victim

Never trust a man - if the woman is the victim

What a sad world we live in where nobody can trust anybody!

And there are many people who cannot trust themselves!

Edited by ChrisKC
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Never trust a woman - if the man is the victim

Never a trust a man - if the woman is the victim

What a sad world we live in where nobody can trust anybody!

And there are many people who cannot trust themselves!

When money enters the picture, all bets are off.

'90 year old monk wins lottery and elopes with 13 year old' 

Ok, this one didn't happen but wouldn't surprise me ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NemoH said:

At least she took only 2m n left him with the balance .. ????????????

Umm no.
He kept 1 mil and put 5 mil in her account. Supposedly they know (somehow) that she took 2 mil out, leaving HER with another 3 mil that HE can't touch !

• Like 1

Recently saw a viral video where a woman tells her man she doesn't trust his friends, then to prove it she calls his friend who claims the guy is with him at that moment - and she proudly proclaims "point proven!". And here I am thinking "who the **** let's their woman have the phone numbers of his friends?!? No good can come out of that".

Similarly I'm here thinking "who the **** let's his woman handle his money?!? No good can come out of that". Even if there wasn't a "relative" involved - the money would get spent very quickly in her hands. Terrible idea all around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussienam said:

I am sorry to say, but women around the world have proven to be increasingly fickle.  A man should never take it for granted that things are always rosy and the woman of their life will be forever devoted to him. 

It is a definite sign of the times.  Women have never been so unfaithful as current modern times it seems.  The old time of couples wed for life is history.  Men should self insure themselves against financial losses.  Never, ever take women for granted. 

Men have become the victim of 'wokeness', have become SIMPS and chest beating 'White Knights', trying to outdo each other as the feminist movement gains hold worldwide.  Men are falling for the scam IMHO.  Men have historically been the promiscuous ones, but women have caught up and possibly overtook men (women have the advantage of being able to be more promiscuous as men typically chase down women of all shapes and sizes).  

Women easily manipulate most men, who unfortunately too often place women on a pedestal to worship.  Modern social media and global internet access to other cultures has ensured the downfall of traditional cultures. Thai women are just the same/worse than the West. 

I came here with the naïve idea that Thai women were more trustworthy than the West.  Definitely not the case.  And it has just worsened over the near 20 years I have visited here.  Just look at the women glued to their phones, taking selfies all the time, totally self absorbed in vanity and narcissism.  Individual stories of "oh but my wife and I have been together for xx years" are exceptions to the trend and therefore do not classify as the norm. 

If you have money, for sure you have a better chance of retaining a woman here.  That dries up and they will walk away in a flash.  And in this case, this poor Thai guy foolishly entrusted the money into his partner's account.  Morals, dignity and ethics are predominantly no longer present in this terribly fickle society.  And it is not exclusive to Thailand.  it has been replaced by selfishness, greed and narcissism worldwide.  

Insightful...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Because most of them sit around all day getting p*ss*d on cheap Thai whisky. Then beat the sh*t out of their wives. Good old boys 

Sadly enough- those guys' wives don't cheat on them, usually. It's always the nice guys who take care of their families that get done for by crappy wives. No good deed goes unpunished.

2 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

At least from what I observed, usually it's the kids who are expected to take care of the parents, not the other way around. Complete opposite from western countries, but it is what it is.

Agree entirely, but not when the mum and dad win the lottery 

Not just a Thai thing so not sure we can relate it to Thai culture.
I am sure there are many western men that have been taken for a lot more than 5mill by a scheming foreign x-wife, I know I fall into that category ????

Feel sorry for the guy maybe just a little bit too trusting and naive over his relationship status with his girlfriend.

Sounds legally like he hasn't got much of a case, just made a large gift to his GF.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It’s tempting but can’t help but feel for the bloke. Majorly sucks, not to mention the loss of face. Why on earth do fellas trust their women like that though?

I wonder if he ever got his hands on the 1Million?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt-Col Somsak Ketphiboon of the Thawatburi police said no crime had been committed.

The account was in the wife's name and she was entitled to do as she pleased with the money. 

So, the man deposited his money into her account (presumably for safekeeping) and the police say that it's now her money - as if he gifted it to her.

Man needs to get a lawyer to go to court and get an order to freeze that account until the true owner of the money can be established - him (or possibly 50/50).

• Like 1