Xi Did Not Shake Hands With Prayut ‘Because Of Covid Measures’

webfact

31 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Thailands economy is one of the best in SE Asia.  China needs Thailand as a trading partner.  Not treating Thailand  with respect is a serious error IMO..  Acting like 3 year old is not the trait of a great leader IMO.

You don’t need to treat a subservient puppet with respect,just occasionally embarrass them with a show of "who’s boss". 

Reported elsewhere, about that, particular moment, there were many more on stage, simply a 'photo op' and they were told and waved to exit right.   Stopping to shake hands wasn't in the agenda, and to do so would have been just as rude to those waiting to get off stage as not shaking hands.  

Do you really think any of them wanting to be there any longer than they had to be.  Get me out of here, the buffet is waiting.

Anti China or Thai folks, feel free to turn it into something else.  Don't believe everything you see or read.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

The Chinese leader shook hands with all western leaders, but he will only shake hands if he is on the left, never on the right (as was the case with Prayut).

The left is the power position because he can leave his body open for the cameras and merely extend his right hand. The person on the right is forced to move his right hand across his body, and pivot slightly, looking a bit subservient. 

The only person with whom Xi accepts the surbvervient position is with the US President. Certainly not with Prayut. I am surprised Prayut's advisers did not warn Prayut about this protocol.

His minions probably didn't know, hence he wasn't told. probably only has "yes" men, to advise him by now...

prayuth did hugging greeting with hun sen just a few days ago.

I would not be surprised if Prayuth is also positive, just hiding his infection.

And Xi suspects Prayuth for it.

according to thai foreign ministry spokesman hun sen was hospitalised in Bali, so he had some symptoms which needed medical care. He is 70 yo and probably fragile.

Hun sen was also seating next to Biden for an extended time during a dance show. I would like to know Biden's health, as he is 79 yo

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai online world is astir on this missed handshake with a video clip circulating showing Prayut extending his hand to Xi who walked ahead.

This was supposed to be Prayut crowning glory moment..and he got publicly snubbed..

Handshakes all around for other leaders but Prayut... nothing..

Not even your Bro wants you Prayut

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, I saw that Xi was speaking to Trudeau via a translator and giving a right 'talking to' for leaking the details of their previous meeting, but he shook his hand after the meeting.

This is a snub. Likely because Xi is scared like a child of COVID and of course Prayuth was recently in touch with Hun Sen so the risk would be elevated but I prefer to think it's a snub all the same ????

Xi is right only to shake hands with people, they does'nt done it with Hun Sen.... Difficult to understand for ignorant people ????

5 hours ago, Spock said:

I wouldn't shake hands with someone who had just met Hun Sen.

Given that Covid has sparked again in China in the last 2 or 3 days, and given that there's infections recorded from the very recent meeting in Cambodia and given that the virus is still very active in the us and given that many international leaders have been shaking hands (with no gloves) at the Bkk meeting and the Phnom Penh meeting and given that Pyayut has been in close proximity to his ministers etc., and there's been infections reported, I'm surprised  that they didn't all refuse to shake hands or be physically close.

Specific to Chairman Xi, after the strict lockdowns at home and China's punishments for 'escapees' he needs to set a strong/strict example, so the last thing he needs is to carry Covid back to China. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Professional rivalry to establish the alpha dictaker.

Tu lost Xi's interest by letting him slip in the back door easily, and wagging his tail over enthusiastically.

However, he was soon placated and Xinping for joy after he overheard the British delegation referring to him as a  "Top Beta of the Meet"...

• Haha 1