Elizabeth Holmes sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for fraud

Scott

image.png

Elizabeth Holmes was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison on Friday following her conviction in January for defrauding investors while running the failed blood testing startup Theranos.

Judge Edward Davila imposed a sentence of 11 years and three months in prison, with another three years of supervision after Holmes is released. The sentence also includes a fine of $400, or $100 for each count of fraud. Restitution will be set at a later date. Holmes was ordered to turn herself into custody on April 27, 2023.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/18/tech/elizabeth-holmes-theranos-sentencing/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dep3nding on just how many millions she was able to salt away she should still have a very comfortable existence when she is paroled. She will have to change her voice modulation again in order to imitate a female con artist instead of Steve Job's or whomever she was trying to imitate when she was leading Thanos Inc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RayC said:

Not that I have much sympathy for her but you can hardly say she got off scot-free: 11 years is fair old stretch.

She knowingly and willingly conned a lot of people out of billions of dollars, so I’d say she’s getting what she deserves. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime, it’s as simple as that. 

• Like 1

Nice scam using fake medical tests to milk patient's insurance for unecessary procedures. Sound familiar?

The list of high ranking government officials on Theranos Board of Directors was enlightening.

2 former US Secretary of State.

Former US Secretary of Defense.

Former Chairman of the US Armed Services Committee.

Former Secretary of Defense.

Former Director of the Center for Disease Control

It appears citizens health and well being is a facade used by those masquerading as experts to trick people into unecessary procedures and restrictions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, placeholder said:

Being blond and white probably only took a couple of years off of her sentence. What has happened to the America I knew and love?

Having been in the democrat elite's inner circle as a major Democrat donor and fundraiser for Hillary probably helped too - more than being blond and white thanks to my recent observations of the US justice system.

America is still beautiful with kind people, you just need to get out of the coastal elite bubbles which I do not find representative of the United States of America.

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Having been in the democrat elite's inner circle as a major Democrat donor and fundraiser for Hillary probably helped too - more than being blond and white thanks to my recent observations of the US justice system.

America is still beautiful with kind people, you just need to get out of the coastal elite bubbles which I do not find representative of the United States of America.

And yet here she is tossed on the slammer under a Democrat Administration and a Democrat appointed USAG.

How does that fit with your ‘recent observations’?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Another charming Republican voting grifter bites the dust. 

The sad thing is your false claim will act as bias confirmation to the more vocal posters here. Bad republicans, bad Elizabeth Holmes, it's all Trump's fault(again). But was she really a Republican voter? Do Pub voters raise money for Hillary? Does anybody care about all the misinformation any more? 

"Theranos made Holmes a favorite among Democrats and the Obama administration, which named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship. Then-vice president Joe Biden toured her Newark, Calif., facilities in 2015, praising the company for its "confidence."

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/booker-implores-judge-to-give-theranos-fraudster-holmes-a-fair-sentence/

"Elizabeth Holmes, the CEO of the embattled blood-testing startup Theranos, is hosting a fundraiser next week for Hillary Clinton at the company’s Palo Alto headquarters."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/embattled-theranos-ceo-to-host-clinton-fundraiser-220740

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suspect she got that much time ( wonder how much of it she will serve in jail ) because she ripped off self important people, rather than the poor masses.

If her (likely) appeal fails, the full term. 

According to a podcast ('The Dropout'), there is no parole in the US federal - as opposed to states' - judicial system. I stand to be corrected if I've misunderstood and that statement is incorrect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

The sad thing is your false claim will act as bias confirmation to the more vocal posters here. Bad republicans, bad Elizabeth Holmes, it's all Trump's fault(again). But was she really a Republican voter? Do Pub voters raise money for Hillary? Does anybody care about all the misinformation any more? 

"Theranos made Holmes a favorite among Democrats and the Obama administration, which named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship. Then-vice president Joe Biden toured her Newark, Calif., facilities in 2015, praising the company for its "confidence."

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/booker-implores-judge-to-give-theranos-fraudster-holmes-a-fair-sentence/

"Elizabeth Holmes, the CEO of the embattled blood-testing startup Theranos, is hosting a fundraiser next week for Hillary Clinton at the company’s Palo Alto headquarters."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/embattled-theranos-ceo-to-host-clinton-fundraiser-220740

The situation in the judiciary is worse than that. How about those 9 Marxists on the Supreme Court who repeatedly turned down appeals of the 2020 election despite overwhelming evidence of voter fraud? The USA is doomed.

• Haha 1

She seems to have been an equal opportunity grifter who developed relationships with famous republicans like Kissinger and  George Schultz as well as helping to raise money for Hilary Clinton

The thing about grifters is they stand with anyone who helps them.

• Like 1

I was thinking 15 years would have been more appropriate. She was a nasty bully, conning millions of dollars from well meaning investors and putting patients lives at risk with inaccurate diagnosis.

Her strategic pregnancies were also distasteful. One before the trial, one before sentencing. Now her strategy for clemency has failed so those children will spend the first 10 years of their lives talking to their mother in a prison meeting room. What a character. 

Bill Clinton couldn't have been more wrong with his assessment of her. "Don't worry about the future. We're in safe hands" he said of her.