Thailand’s Narcotics Control Board to meet next week to discuss making cannabis an illegal narcotic again

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thousands of cannabis shops have opened just in Bangkok, almost like the 7-11 stores there's one or two on almost every street in Sathorn, on Sukhumvit, on Soi 11 and so on....the investment has been made. Food shops selling infused drinks etc. If this happens the revolt will be huge

The peasants are revolting... I've heard that somewhere before.

They seem to forget was that it was decriminalized in order to reduce the prison population after a scathing US report on prison overcrowding. Now a huge number of people have applied for licenses to grow their own, so the police will be obligated to arrest and convict them. Is Thailand going to build dozens of new prisons?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thousands of cannabis shops have opened just in Bangkok, almost like the 7-11 stores there's one or two on almost every street in Sathorn, on Sukhumvit, on Soi 11 and so on....the investment has been made. Food shops selling infused drinks etc. If this happens the revolt will be huge

precisely why i would never, ever, start a business in Thailand

they are forever changing their minds

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DaiHard said:

They seem to forget was that it was decriminalized in order to reduce the prison population after a scathing US report on prison overcrowding. Now a huge number of people have applied for licenses to grow their own, so the police will be obligated to arrest and convict them. Is Thailand going to build dozens of new prisons?

"Now a huge number of people have applied for licenses to grow their own, so the police will be obligated to arrest and convict them. "

No, they apply for the licence BEFORE they start growing their crop (theoretically!)

I see these shops in Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand but, as yet, I have never seen any with customers inside. 

The brown padded envelopes will be huge . 

Are cannabis sales banned on certain public holidays and during elections?

Is cannabis sale be banned at certain times of the day?

Both these rules apply to alcohol

Cannabis affects decision making capability too and can be a temptation to children too

If they have not been applied to cannabis then the whole system is a joke and the legalisation of cannabis has definitely not been thought through before enacting

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

Shut the gate!..............................................................the horse has bolted! ????

Too late. If they do make it illegal they had better discuss the need to make new prisons. They released many of those accused of taking drugs. Now they will be going back to the old ways again. Typical of the one step forward and two steps back form of governance.????

• Like 1

It's been quite interesting to me since it was legalized. First the plants popped up nearly everywhere, I was quite shocked when I saw them at the local plant nursery, why I was shocked I don't know, anyhow then little mum and dad shops had them out front, they were all over the local market, and my hairdresser had 3 plants by the door for sale. A month ago I was at a retirement dinner and we got talking and out of 10 people on my table I was the only one not partaking, I will say I was the only foreigner, my friends all said they were using it for medical reasons and couldn't understand why I wasn't using it, I was even more shocked by this as most of my friends are over retirement age, again why should I be shocked, everyone to their own. However for me I have seen what long term use has done to a close family member and consequently I wouldn't want my grandchildren to end up in that situation. As for me I have too much respect for my brain to want to fog it up. I am happy and can enjoy myself without any additives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I think the numbers will soon overtake 7-11. Over 15 weed shops on Chaweng beach road alone here in Samui. Some even offering home delivery.

Seems like every vacant shop post Covid is opening as a cannabis outlet.

I think the government will have a job the the cork back in that bottle. Or bong in this case.

Already had our ten year old asking questions about all these weed shops. Daddy. What is it? What is it for? 

IMHO not much different from a child asking what a bar or massage parlor is. And there's plenty of those here too. But in this case it's simply a place adults go for their medicine.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I would be for making alcohol. tobacco, coffee, and red bull illegal.....Hey a drug is a drug......Either drugs are legal or they are not....

Right, but surely making all drugs legal or illegal wouldn't work? Can you imagine if they banned nicotine, I'm pretty sure the cigarette manufacturers would have something to say, never mind how much tax the government would lose?