Why 15 day tourist Mr Lee was on 2,662 day overstay - he just couldn't stand China

webfact

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

He hated Chinese officialdom and the political system there.

Can't argue with this statement ....................LOL

Ironically, I think the majority of us (and the Thais too) would say the same about Thailand. But we stay. I guess the rest outweighs what we don't like.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, worldexpress said:

Who writes these posts? The reason in the title ("he just couldn't stand China") doesn't jive with the real reason (the conviction).

There's a fine line between humor and disrespecting readers.

It's that a rhetorical question or would actually like to who writes the headlines? (or at least who I think writes the headlines).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, worldexpress said:

Who writes these posts? The reason in the title ("he just couldn't stand China") doesn't jive with the real reason (the conviction).

There's a fine line between humor and disrespecting readers.

No, it makes sense. It was "because" of his conviction that he just couldn't stand China. Just because he was convicted doesn't mean he was guilty. We ARE talking about China. How fair is their legal system?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

No, it makes sense. It was "because" of his conviction that he just couldn't stand China. Just because he was convicted doesn't mean he was guilty. We ARE talking about China. How fair is their legal system?

I followed the O.J. Simpson case - can't be any worse than that ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, geisha said:

Falun Gong was never a dangerous sect. It was even accepted in China, until it became too big and frightened the leader of the communist party ! Who apparently put a stop to it, arrested and tortured thousands of its members , who were also used as medical donors , the same as many other prisoners in China. 

From Wikipedia: 'Falun Gong operates at least two organizations in the United States and elsewhere, which have received notable media attention for their political involvement and ideological messaging, particularly since the involvement of these extensions in the 2016 United States presidential election. Falun Gong extensions include The Epoch Times, a politically far-right[20] media entity that has received significant attention for promoting conspiracy theories, such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation, and producing advertisements for former U.S. President Donald Trump'

I would say this is usual Wikipedia rubbish - but honestly, so is your comment.

Edited by mistral53
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There are many Thais that look Chinese. 

Immigration wouldn't notice him. 

My good d friend was 8 years overstay, and just paid 20,500 baht on an envelope when leaving. 

if " Thais" looked Chinese is because they are Chinese descent.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, mistral53 said:

From Wikipedia: 'Falun Gong operates at least two organizations in the United States and elsewhere, which have received notable media attention for their political involvement and ideological messaging, particularly since the involvement of these extensions in the 2016 United States presidential election. Falun Gong extensions include The Epoch Times, a politically far-right[20] media entity that has received significant attention for promoting conspiracy theories, such as QAnon and anti-vaccine misinformation, and producing advertisements for former U.S. President Donald Trump'

I would say this is usual Wikipedia rubbish - but honestly, so is your comment.

Sorry, but I am not a fan of China . Lots of the worst things one hears about China are generally true. 
Persecution is their politics. Honestly . 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1