Thailand going cashless. Are you for or against it?

bob smith

Thailand going cashless.  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, garrya said:

Just to show you what a completely cashless bank controlled society can lead to. 

If your brain isn't up to the task to understand this, there is little the one can do for you. 

No, that is what a totalitarian one party state looks like.

If your brain isn't up to the task to understand this then I'm sure your therapist can help you understand...

1 hour ago, garrya said:

Cashless society isn't what business needs. Businesses can thrive on any payments. 

The thread is about whether people are in favour of businesses going cashless or not...less of the conspiracy theory hysteria on this please...

Edited by Bluespunk

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, that is what a totalitarian one party state looks like.

If your brain isn't up to the task to understand this then I'm sure your therapist can help you understand...

The thread is about whether people are in favour of businesses going cashless or not...less of the conspiracy theory hysteria on this please...

Lost your marbles?

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, NoshowJones said:

True, but surely that applies to Thailand itself. What is the chance of Thailand moving with the times? Can you imagine that in the country of low IQs? All the unnecessary paperwork, people working in offices who are not computer literate, etc, etc.

Plus the international language of business is English but (as recently show a few days ago in a global ranking) Thailand's overall English language capability is falling further and further behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

It has everything to do with Thai businesses choosing to go cashless. The big driving forces behind CBDC's and cashless payments in Thailand are the big Thai-Chinese corporations (True, CP, Chang, Central, big banks etc). Thailand may pay lip service to small business but in reality it couldn't give a toss.

As you say, they are choosing to do so and by doing so it will not lead to china dominating the world.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As you say, they are choosing to do so and by doing so it will not lead to china dominating the world.

I never said it had anything to do with Chinese domination, however the Thai-business elite do have links to China along with other parts of the world. We need to look at who is doing the "choosing" and that would be the business elites who have established monopolies both within countries and across the world. You can pretty much bet that those doing the choosing are going to be those that benefit. 

There is also the likelihood that this will be a tiered system which will benefit the corporations. They will probably not be using the same system as the guy on the street.

We should be focused on states controlling their people and that is what CBDC is for . There is then a higher level where countries jostle for influence which involves trade, financial systems etc. things that are difficult for us to control. However those that have a higher level of control over their citizens will probably have an advantage on the world stage to some extent. And no, the government is not your friend!

• Thanks 1

ALL roads lead to a social credit system like they have in CN
do or say something wrong and computer says no.

Digital only they can easily control and change behaviour of the populace
The worst part is this only affects those who have, and reality is most people do not have,
most live off credit these days, and have little to zero cashflow
working class will have no choice as they will be paid digitally
another concern is these cashless talks include CBDC instead of GIDC
a CBDC should never be legal tender for any country
especially when the banks are now running on ZERO RESERVE (since 2020)
no more fractional reserve banking,
many missed how they slipped this in under the radar when the lunacy started in 2020

Edited by patman30

28 minutes ago, cmsally said:

China was being used as an example of what can happen if a country goes down the route of digital currency and the accompanying social control. Code turns red and you can't go to the bank, store, school or pretty much anywhere. It's a fact , it's not conspiracy. People in other countries need to ask themselves if this is what they want.

No I don't want that , but I don't think that the same thing will happen in other Countries .

Just because China does something, that doesn't mean that the rest of the World will do like wise

50 minutes ago, cmsally said:

China was being used as an example of what can happen if a country goes down the route of digital currency and the accompanying social control. Code turns red and you can't go to the bank, store, school or pretty much anywhere. It's a fact , it's not conspiracy. People in other countries need to ask themselves if this is what they want.

We disagree on the poster's claims and their conspiracy theory hysteria.

Edited by Bluespunk

29 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

We disagree on the poster's claims and their conspiracy theory hysteria.

Do you mean this post?

This is what's happening in China. People are forced to take daily tests, and if you test positive or are a no show, your app turns to yellow and you can't go anywhere, can't buy anything, can't enter any place etc. I bet cashless is enjoyed by those Chinese. 

If this is the one, I would  like to know which part is exaggerated.

15 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Previous posts from a few days ago...that was just their hyperbolic hysteria going into overdrive.

From what I can see you are just dismissing anything that you don't agree with or don't understand as conspiracy theory and hyperbole. The Chinese are using QR codes/Covid passports as a means of control. To evade testing, quarantine or restriction of movement is pretty much impossible. They seem to already have used this handy app to control protests.

CBDC is programmable, I think most people can see where that would go. No I am not a conspiracy theorist , I am a realist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmsally said:

From what I can see you are just dismissing anything that you don't agree with or don't understand as conspiracy theory and hyperbole. The Chinese are using QR codes/Covid passports as a means of control. To evade testing, quarantine or restriction of movement is pretty much impossible. They seem to already have used this handy app to control protests.

CBDC is programmable, I think most people can see where that would go. No I am not a conspiracy theorist , I am a realist.

You are not a realist . 

Chinese Government controlling its population is a different matter than a cashless society .

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Isn't it separate health cards that they have in China ?

Well they have "switched off" their health passes in the past to stop them going to the bank. Once they roll out digital ID's and digital currency it is pretty much game over.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

No, what I am doing is saying Thai businesses choosing to go cashless is not part of a wider conspiracy and to claim their are sinister motivations behind this process is hysterical hyperbole.

And less of the ''what you don't understand'' please...

Edited by Bluespunk

34 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Well they have "switched off" their health passes in the past to stop them going to the bank. Once they roll out digital ID's and digital currency it is pretty much game over.

There seem to be some strange things going on in China and those strange things have no connection to people in Thailand not using cash 

Maybe we should differentiate between cards/apps (methods to pay not using cash) and full blown CBDC (virtual money). Cards and apps do provide institutions with data but CBDCs will remove any possibility of privacy (as well as providing lots of data) and it will introduce a monetary system which is programmable.

Some people might think this is great and  they live under a benevolent governmental system but others might think differently ! CBDC removes any choice and it is not something anyone voted for.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

You refer to a tiny minority of the people on the planet, and superexponential growth is killing the environment we need to live in.

IMO you ignore the effect of greed, which IMO is the motivation for the uber rich that have far more than they need, but want even more, and will never give it up willingly.

Of course, I agree with you 100 percent! 

We are absolutely doomed by immutable human behavior which, in turn, is directed by hardwired characteristics integral to the structure and evolution of the human brain. 

100 percent, I agree with you. 

33 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Maybe we should differentiate between cards/apps (methods to pay not using cash) and full blown CBDC (virtual money). Cards and apps do provide institutions with data but CBDCs will remove any possibility of privacy (as well as providing lots of data) and it will introduce a monetary system which is programmable.

Some people might think this is great and  they live under a benevolent governmental system but others might think differently ! CBDC removes any choice and it is not something anyone voted for.

I'm not particularly anti-debit or anti-credit card.

CBDCs though?  I never want to see that implemented.  Shake hands with Mr. Totalitarianism as average citizens will be borderline serfs in the land of "You'll own nothing, and the WEF will be happy."  I'll push back on that every opportunity I have.

And regarding 'something anyone voted for.'  What the hell was Klause Schwab doing at the G-20 meeting with what seemed to be full diplomatic honors and entitlements?  Who voted him in as a G-20 leader?  But then again.  He's not the only one.  Ursula von der Leyen - unelected by the EU citizens.  Richie (Rich) Sunak - unelected by the UK citizens.  I wonder how many of the current crop of Western leaders ARE actually elected (as opposed to appointed or simply assigned by the wealthiest and most powerful), as well as how many are full WEF YGL protegees who have massive electoral funding by the WEF and its backers. 
Western countries are no longer actual 'democracies' with 'democratically elected 'leaders.' 
Any actually believing that pablum is a fool.  Most Western governments now seem to be kleptocracies, plutocracies, or a bastardization of their own self-ascribed "public-private partnerships" which is basically the definition of Fascism.  Elections are essentially purchase by the highest bidder.  That's pretty da*m sad imho.  It's all Kubuki Theater.

And all of these "leaders" are pro-CBDC as well as pro-Neo-Feudalism. 
"You'll own nothing and you'll pretend to be happy, or else we turn off your CBDC access to everything.  So pucker up and smile plebs." 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There seem to be some strange things going on in China and those strange things have no connection to people in Thailand not using cash 

And never will? Banks control your money and you think that's safe ☺️

Lol. 

You seriously believe that a cashless digital society is what ordinary people need? It won't be exploited by the power? Or it's designed to make your life better?

Lol mate, a sheep is an Einstein compared with you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, garrya said:

And never will? Banks control your money and you think that's safe ☺️

Lol. 

You seriously believe that a cashless digital society is what ordinary people need? It won't be exploited by the power? Or it's designed to make your life better?

Lol mate, a sheep is an Einstein compared with you. 

Its a lot more convenient using cards rather than cash , you can buy what you need without the chore of having to make sure that you have cash in your pocket or looking if there is an ATM close buy . 

Like, seeing something in a shop , then walking around trying to find an ATM , then making a withdrawal and taking the cash back to the shop to buy the item and they give you change back .

Much easier just to swipe you card there and then at the check-out, rather than the  chore of paying cash  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, garrya said:

Thai businesses have never chosen cashless. That's in your dreams. 

You believing cashless society is what people need is as silly as a donkey being a mathematician.

Scary brainwashed people like you will be the cause of the demise of humankind.

You really don't want to own what you have ?

Conspiracy theory hysteria. 

Get a grip. 

Oh and I never said I believe anyone needs a cashless society. Stop making things up. 

Edited by Bluespunk