Where to watch ENG v USA match tonight (tomorrow early AM)

Woof999

Don't like your chances as game starts 02:00.

I searched everywhere to watch the recent rugby league world cup where Australia games started 02:30. Found nothing open. Typical IRovers, Witherspoon, Hemmingways, Metro Bar, varoius soi bukhao sports bars and Frasers in Jomtien all closed

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Pattaya police will make sure you can't watch legally in any bar.

Recently a nice report about raids and promise to patrol regularly.

Places like IRovers used to open 24 hours to show all sports. I understand they were allowed to do so because they were a hotel and served food, not just a bar.

I guess covid has caused the death of 24 hour sports bars in Pattaya so now most of F1 and NFL is unwatchable (along with a lot of soccer world cup games)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Maybe not showing ... lack of interest, as probably a fairly boring game.

Eng vs USA ... a bit of an uneven match.  

Yeah, England were terrible. If the US had a bit of firepower up front they would have thrashed England. The US were the better team in all parts of the game.

As you said correctly, it was an uneven match (except for final score)

4 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Yeah, England were terrible. If the US had a bit of firepower up front they would have thrashed England. The US were the better team in all parts of the game.

As you said correctly, it was an uneven match (except for final score)

That's surprising, since footie isn't exactly a Yank thing.  Actually thought they'd get spanked pretty bad.

For future games I think a scheduled replay would be the best bet to watch (just stay away from phone from 2am and hope noone spoils it for you)

Here's what Witherspoons offered today

Screenshot_20221126-095536_Facebook.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

19 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Don't like your chances as game starts 02:00.

I searched everywhere to watch the recent rugby league world cup where Australia games started 02:30. Found nothing open. Typical IRovers, Witherspoon, Hemmingways, Metro Bar, varoius soi bukhao sports bars and Frasers in Jomtien all closed

Remember the good old days when Pattaya really was "thriving" "booming" "rammed" "packed" etc, you could easily watch an early morning match. 

Alas.....................................

34 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Remember the good old days when Pattaya really was "thriving" "booming" "rammed" "packed" etc, you could easily watch an early morning match. 

Alas.....................................

2019 before 2 yrs of a bad 'situation' ...

... I remember a lot, but I live in the present.

It will be years before, if ever, things return to high season 2019, and shy of 40 (?) million tourist are about.  Bars could justify the cost of 'extra' channels.

Frankly, I like it just the way it is ... a few million a year, and double digits where I am ????

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Both semi finals are on at 2.00 am. So that means no one can watch in a bar - bummer

I'm not in Pattaya & have no desire to ever visit there but easy to watch the 2am kick offs in my manor - Just close up & have a lock in ????

On 11/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, KhunLA said:

Frankly, I like it just the way it is ... a few million a year, and double digits where I am

The loss of choice and variety is not a good thing though.

We all have a vested interest in seeing Thailand's tourism industry being successful.  As expats, we enjoy the things that a successful tourism industry creates in Thailand. 

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

We all have a vested interest in seeing Thailand's tourism industry being successful.  As expats, we enjoy the things that a successful tourism industry creates in Thailand. 

I don't ... ????

On 12/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, KhunLA said:

I don't ... ????

A vested interest doesn't always mean a financial interest.

As expats in Pattaya, we enjoy things from our various home countries, particularly the food, because of the tourism industry here.  Eg. a Sunday roast.

One only has to look at Sihanookville Cambodia, once the westerners were pushed out, to see what's available for western expats there now - zero.

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A vested interest doesn't always mean a financial interest.

As expats in Pattaya, we enjoy things from our various home countries, particularly the food, because of the tourism industry here.  Eg. a Sunday roast.

One only has to look at Sihanookville Cambodia, once the westerners were pushed out, to see what's available for western expats there now - zero.

I wasn't referring to financial.  The less tourist, the better for me.  Playing tourist during covid was the best O&As we've had, at 'popular' tourist areas.

CM province, Ao Nang, Phuket was excellent without tourist.  The few that have returned now are too many for my liking ... ????

Food wise, there's not much I can't make at home, that Villa Market sells or offered at restaurant catering to expats/tourist, and usually better by myself or wife.  I know cooking at home isn't everyone's forte'.

Edited by KhunLA