Pattaya motorcycle taxi riders hold rally and demand further crackdown on unlicensed ride-share app drivers

webfact

2 hours ago, jcmj said:

Boy do they hate competition. I agree all should be licensed but still believe that they’ll be fighting that as well. Do your job better and stop overcharging and 1/2 your problems will be solved. Charging double fares for squeezing 2 people on your motorbike is ridiculous. Maybe a little more but double is crazy. I’ll always take 2 if I need too. It’s uncomfortable and dangerous. 
they do need to cut down on all the baht buses clogging the road and should keep the big buses out of downtown. The traffic is worse now than any high season Due to the roadwork. I suggest the officials get out in a regular car and try getting anywhere downtown quickly so they understand. Not just sitting behind their desks and talking about it. Do something. It’s a nightmare out there. 

Ive never had a problem with bike taxis. I like it when they break the law to get me to my destination. Like riding on the sidewalk

• Haha 1

I suggest the bib's should check every one of them while they're in a group. I'm sure the outcome would be interesting. Alcohol and drug testing even ID's etc would reveal some very interesting characters who've so far slipped under the police radar.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rwill said:

Just a failure to adjust to the future.  They are stuck in the past.

Not really.  The law either means something or it doesn't. 

These app companies have zero profits and only exist as long as reality never catches up to Wall Street. They are providing a service at less than cost. Selling dollars for 75 cents. When these companies have to exist on a real profit, the old regional way will probably win out. 

Uber will soon join an ugly but exclusive club: Unprofitable companies worth more than $50 billion

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/27/uber-one-of-only-3-unprofitable-companies-worth-more-than-50-billion.html

Edited by Harsh Jones
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, jcmj said:

they do need to cut down on all the baht buses clogging the road and should keep the big buses out of downtown.

The Baht buses were the only reason why I moved to Pattaya. Before that I lived in Phuket. Without the Baht buses, how are people supposed to get around?

• Like 1

I think moto taxis in Pattaya provide a great service. There are a lot of very serious accidents involving bikes here but I don't recall ever reading about one with a moto taxi and their passenger being involved.

I agree that regulation is vital and should be enforced.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The motorcycle taxi riders bleating about other illegal operators, when they hemselves break road laws every single day that they are on the road and they think riding down the wrong side of roads and riding on footpaths is acceptable for them. 

Not to mention that most if not all do not carry passenger insurance , let alone their motor bike insurance .