Seen The Chiang Mai Expat Club Newsletter?

Ulysses G.

It looks quite professional for a new publication and reminds me of the Chiang Mai Newsletter which eventually turned into Chiang Mai Citylife after many years.

The Chiang Rai folks who are trying to start a magazine up there might check it out. :o

Is the the club consisting almost entirely 100% of retirees? The club that meets at CM Orchid?

The Club does meet at the CM Orchid but the membership profile has changed over the past six months. There are a high (although not preponderant) percentage of retirees but this is a fair reflection of the make up of the CM expat community as a whole.

The Club wants to appeal to people of all ages, it has grown substantially over the last year and there has been a widening of the age profile.

The next meeting is on Saturday July 14th and all are welcome to attend so why not come and find out for yourself.

Thank you for the comments on the newsletter UG I know the people concerned have worked hard on getting it going and will be very appreciative of your comments.

Good distribution. Front desk at my apt bldg has given me a copy everytime I pick up mail...same issue several times, though!

Has some good info, but I prefer their website, to be frank.

Wish them the best of luck; hope it sticks...

McG

:o Just downloaded the latest ed. and it looks really useful. Will be in touch.

Perhaps you can make it an Adobe PDF file and send it out via email for the rest of us to print up at home.

I'll certainly pass the suggestion on thanks for the idea.

It's quite impressive, the amount of effort and skills, that obviously has been put into use to make such an online publication - it beats the 25 Baht "Chiang Mai Mail" in about any other way than I actually do enjoy the commercial ads in CMM a lot better (fits better to my life situation).

Do they actually distribute hard copies? - In case they do, I can offer one more central outlet where it does happen that guys and women, considering retirement in CM, comes around.

Sorry for my 'unusual' reaction... :o

First, too many ads, boring writings (mostly)....

I had to go to page 9 before I found something interesting to read (thai language help), and then up page 12, I only saw a couple more interesting things (the listing of Organic Markets, and.... nothing)

Please, don't take this as all negative. Good colorful ads with some good/interesting info... :D

Edited by Ajarn

We shouldn't forget that this is a very new endeaver and they are concentrating on the basics.

It may take a while to turn into The New York Times! :o

Hopefully, their 'basics' could include fewer ads and better (CM related) writings. I don't expect The Times, but they could do better than they currently do. :D

Well I agree 100% with you there. I grew up on the San Francisco Chronicle back in the Sixties when it was a decent, but decidedly provincial and insular paper. It took a big dump after I left Bay Area in early 70's. Wouldn't line a bird cage with it now. :o

Edited by mcgriffith

The Chiang Mai Expat Club

Is the the club consisting almost entirely 100% of retirees? The club that meets at CM Orchid?

That's the first time I've ever been called a retiree. Unfortunately, Wizzard, I can't convince the fine folks down at Immigration to agree with you. Life would be much simpler if I could. :o

Seriously, I'm glad someone posted the link to the PDF versions of the Expat Newsletter, because I'm the guy who puts them online. I have nothing to do with the content, probably because I lack the sanity to be readable, and I happen to enjoy over half of it.

Best regards,

Michael

CEC Webmaster

Was that paper called the Berkeley Barb??????? lol....I guess im dating myself...

There is a simular hippy-dippy weekly newspaper that they give away in San Francisco, but I can't remember the name.

I remember BAM - Bay Area Music - but that is a different one.

SF Bay Guardian?

http://www.sfbg.com/