Jump to content

2 year study visa, just got back to my country, now back to Thailand, will they ask questions?


Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I came to Thailand during Covid, used 1 tourist visa, 2 study visa's and a short covid visa (1 time between study visa's). No border/land crossings.

 

I got back to my own country, renewed passport pages etc. Now, after 1 month in my own country, I want to go back to Thailand. I am from Holland.

 

Will they ask questions at Thailand immigration at the airport? It is just my first time I arrive on air. They won't deny you right away, right? They will at least warn you before they do it for the next time I assume?

 

Am a bit worrying about this as I never experienced this before. Thanks in advance guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard the rumor that all education visas are being reviewed due to Chinese ruining it for everyone. Apparently agents have been notified.

Edited by Celsius
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, E020 said:

Am a bit worrying about this as I never experienced this before. Thanks in advance guys.

Is your plan to enter Thailand visa exempt?

I would obtain a tourist visa.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I just heard the rumor that all education visas are being reviewed due to Chinese ruining it for everyone. Apparently agents have been notified.

Problematic for many Russians here I would think as well............

Edited by CANSIAM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a TR visa and an exit ticket (even if a fake one), in case they ask you. You can say you love the country and want to come back again and again to spend your hard earned money. How old are you? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BANGKOK, Dec 8 (TNA) – The Immigration Bureau will revise its criteria for visa extension to prevent foreign criminals from citing their “study or foundations” as an excuse to prolong their stay in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Get a TR visa and an exit ticket (even if a fake one), in case they ask you. You can say you love the country and want to come back again and again to spend your hard earned money. How old are you? 

i will get a fake exit ticket, but why should I do a TR visa if my country is eligible for visa exemption 45 days? Could you clear that up for me? I am 30 years old

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, E020 said:

i will get a fake exit ticket, but why should I do a TR visa if my country is eligible for visa exemption 45 days? Could you clear that up for me? I am 30 years old

You asked me same question earlier.

You have been in Thailand on various visa and extensions for seems quite some time.

Now month out if Thailand you wish to return visa exempt.

At the very least expect some questions upon arrival.

Having said that it would not be surprised me at all if you post entered visa exempt without issue. 

I doubt you would be refused entry as it's been a month out of Thailand. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, simon43 said:

What subject did you study when you had your study visas?  You could be tested on this by immigration.

He may be asked to have do his immigration interview only in Thai after they move him to the senior I/O's desk for processing if he was a Thai student.  If it was Muay Thai, well then off to Lumpinee boxing stadium for a contest with Buakhow.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He may be asked to have do his immigration interview only in Thai after they move him to the senior I/O's desk for processing if he was a Thai student.  If it was Muay Thai, well then off to Lumpinee boxing stadium for a contest with Buakhow.....

Lol. maybe if you do this for 10 years. I just did this for 2 years and have blank passport pages. But thanks for the fearmongering, you must be fun at parties

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You asked me same question earlier.

You have been in Thailand on various visa and extensions for seems quite some time.

Now month out if Thailand you wish to return visa exempt.

At the very least expect some questions upon arrival.

Having said that it would not be surprised me at all if you post entered visa exempt without issue. 

I doubt you would be refused entry as it's been a month out of Thailand. 

 

Thanks for the reply. So this could all be waved away if I have a TR visa / evisa you say? I could apply for this, I am just exploring what is best for me. I still have time to fix this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

we come to this country, pay a lot for everything and they also could make problems. Wow what the nice country is Thailand

Many countries do not even provide visa exempt entries.

It's a very sweet deal that Thailand provides for many countries.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, E020 said:

Thanks for the reply. So this could all be waved away if I have a TR visa / evisa you say? I could apply for this, I am just exploring what is best for me. I still have time to fix this. 

If you enter with a visa or reentry permit you would not have an issue.

 

For visa exempt entry in the main also no issue, however if your history indicates that you have spent lot of time in Thailand recently then you can be questioned and even possibly refused entry. 

Think you mentioned couple of years in Thailand and now wanting to return after a month out on visa exempt entry.

BTW new passport doesn't help. Your history is on io screen. 

 

 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, E020 said:

Lol. maybe if you do this for 10 years. I just did this for 2 years and have blank passport pages. But thanks for the fearmongering, you must be fun at parties

No fearmongering the first part of my post is a reality that could play out. Happened to a friend who was here in Phuket Studying both Thai language, getting a TEFL and doing Muay Thai for 2 years.  He flew out to SIngapore to obtain a new visa, where he stayed for a month, and on his return here on a new Student visa he was pulled to a senior IO desk and interviewed in Thai about his studies, luckily he had gone to class and learned, and had not just misused the Visa as many have. The joke about Lumpinee was in my post because this is how the IO joked with him during the interview. With the Student Visas, which are currently under great scrutiny once again, you need to ensure you use it to study and not as a get around to stay in the country if you can not obtain a different type of Visa due to age, marriage etc....

 

My friend Phil was lucky and he used his studies wisely. It helped him when he opened up his own business here.

 

Good luck, and no I am no fun at parties as I could care less about crowds.

Edited by ThailandRyan
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Would a clean passport even raise IM suspicion?   

A new passport with the same identity info? Or one with new credentials and a different name? Unless that person has not been to Thailand for many years and there is no information in the data base such as a photo or finger prints, or any matching Information to assist the IO then one might get lucky. The days of changing a passport are over....

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are very worried about denial of entry you could choose to fly to Cambodia and enter Thailand from a land crossings instead. 

A taxi from Siam Reap to the border is about 4 hours and €100. 

A bit of hassle but at least zero risk being sent back to the Netherlands

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally use a visa instead of Visa exempt.

I am not sure if there was a rule, that you can't be in Thailand longer than 180 days per year if Tourist visa or exempt. IF yes, then he would have problems, as he already would be in about 10 months this year.

If come back would wait at least till January!

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I am not sure if there was a rule, that you can't be in Thailand longer than 180 days per year if Tourist visa or exempt. IF yes, then he would have problems, as he already would be in about 10 months this year.

There is no rule that states that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, E020 said:

Lol. maybe if you do this for 10 years. I just did this for 2 years and have blank passport pages. But thanks for the fearmongering, you must be fun at parties

Blank passport says nothing as all your information is in their database which pops up when they scan the code of your passport.

Edited by FritsSikkink
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...