DeSantis calls for Florida grand jury to investigate coronavirus vaccine 'wrongdoing'

Scott

13 hours ago, Tug said:

I wonder how many Americans this man lead to their deaths all in the name of political theater in the quest for power inexcusable imo hopefully (bloated Ronnie) or bloat for short will be flushed soon

Look he gets guys like you and a couple others right on this forum all ruffled up.  This article is even on Fox which is probably on your ignore list. As another poster pointed out this will get more attention with Rebs in other states than in Florida. This is not a big story at all if you live or in Florida or there for the winter. It just triggers ( anger, fear, hiding under the bed  and hatred ) usually from expected types.  So what,  a bunch of people chit chat over vaccines. Some links to some harm may or may not come out of it then everyone can decide. So much $$ goes on elsewhere with no real final info everyday in the governments of the world. Everyone with google can read about the most ridiculous ( to yourself and many others) research studies , meetings etc that cost $$ and are going on right now. Same old same old. This guy is not the evil Donald Trump. 

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

DeSantis is positioning himself for the next elections. Trump can never outwardly say he is anti vaccine since "his" claims to warp speed covid vaccination development.

Yes, that's the crazy, confusing part.  Trump is the MAGA king, and MAGA is largely anti-vaccine.  Yet it was under the Trump Administration that vaccines were first rolled out.  I recall Trump being upset that vaccines weren't ready before the election, claiming it was some sort of conspiracy.  The whole thing is pretty nutty. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

DeSantis is positioning himself for the next elections. Trump can never outwardly say he is anti vaccine since "his" claims to warp speed covid vaccination development.

Yet Republicans are still among the biggest demographics that are hesitant or refuse to get vaccinated. 

With this strategy Desantis will be after those voters who previously voted for Trump, but wished Trump was anti vaccine, now they have their alternative.

Its nothing to do with science, its to do with personal gain.

He will be gaining a lot more voters interest Reps , Independents and yes some Dems and it won't be because people think he is " anti vax". The reasons are much more varied. His age and popularity in Florida are things def on his side. Age may be the most. 2024 will start to REALLY be about age. No matter what some boomers think. Others think differently. I don't see Joe getting sharper and having these positive WOW moments in 2023 but some WOWS are not to his favor of course. He's not the only elder out there in the USA govt. It's getting a little OTT. 

Edited by alex8912

3 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

He will be gaining a lot more voters interest Reps , Independents and yes some Dems and it won't be because people think he is " anti vax". The reasons are much more varied. His age and popularity in Florida are things def on his side. Age may be the most. 2024 will start to REALLY be about age. No matter what some boomers think. Others think differently. I don't see Joe getting sharper and having these positive WOW moments in 2023 but some WOWS are not are not to his favor of course. He's not the only elder out there in the USA govt. It's getting a little OTT. 

I'm not referring to his other attributes be they positive or negative, I'm referring to the OP and my opinion on his intentions.

"For about a year, Donald Trump’s confidants, advisers and boosters have worried that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was positioning himself to get to the right of the former president over the issue of Covid vaccines.

The decision by DeSantis to now investigate the vaccines was widely panned by those in Trump’s orbit.

“Prior to this, his position was identical to Trump’s, and he advocated the efficiency and safety of vaccines."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-outflanks-trump-call-covid-vaccine-probe-rcna61554

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

ain't gonna happen....tons of republicans still wearing white sheets to vote for a black man for potus....just talk to try and convince black voters that they are really not the party that tries time after time to reduce black voting....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

ain't gonna happen....tons of republicans still wearing white sheets to vote for a black man for potus....just talk to try and convince black voters that they are really not the party that tries time after time to reduce black voting....

I agree it's absolutely impossible for a black man to become the GOP presidential nominee. White supremacist militia's tripled after Obama was elected. Historically, early bets never seem to become the chosen one for the GOP. They all have too much baggage to survive. Imagine if Trump had declared in 2014? He wouldn't have stood a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pomchop said:
12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

And it's really too bad.  Scott seems like a decent enough guy who can actually unite the country.  But the GOP is not about uniting anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Berkshire said:

And it's really too bad.  Scott seems like a decent enough guy who can actually unite the country.  But the GOP is not about uniting anything.

I don't pay a lot of attention to him but I used to watch him a lot being part of a panel on MSNBC which I gave him credit for. But he doesn't seem to stand for anything, he's just a populist. He seems oblivious to being black, a bit like West.

I wouldn't rule Tim Scott out.

He could be an antidote to the embarrassing stench left by Herschel Walker. As he's obviously a very intelligent man but politically wrong. Pro trump and infamously stating the USA doesn't have a racism problem, he's the kind of black man that does have a chance with Republicans.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't rule Tim Scott out.

He could be an antidote to the embarrassing stench left by Herschel Walker. As he's obviously a very intelligent man but politically wrong. Pro trump and infamously stating the USA doesn't have a racism problem, he's the kind of black man that does have a chance with Republicans.

I think one of the biggest reasons that Walker did so well was his opposition was also black so the right wing just voted the ticket. Interestingly, large numbers of suburban GOP voters just stayed home in the run off.

Some laughing emojis have been removed as they were being used in a troll stalking manner.

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 6:48 AM, Bluespunk said:

Ah the irony…a politician complaining about misleading and misrepresenting, while attacking a vaccine that saved lives, for political purposes. 

He has learned well from the orange one. 

Out of interest, what if it turns out Desantis is right? The UK houses of Parliament have also been discussing the failure of the vaccines to protect from covid, and the excess deaths that seem to be linked to them. They are talking about stopping to use these vaccines and that big Pharma have lied to the public. So how will you feel if indeed you have been lied to?

6 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Out of interest, what if it turns out Desantis is right? The UK houses of Parliament have also been discussing the failure of the vaccines to protect from covid, and the excess deaths that seem to be linked to them. They are talking about stopping to use these vaccines and that big Pharma have lied to the public. So how will you feel if indeed you have been lied to?

I'd say bring it on, I'm totally in favour of sunshine. Always.

The chances are pretty slim given the large amount of medical research into the vaccines. At the present time it seems to be yet another conspiracy theory involving thousands of people. What would it take to be skeptical of the agenda driven far right press?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I'd say bring it on. The chances are pretty slim given the large amount of medical research into the vaccines. At the present time it seems to be yet another conspiracy theory involving thousands of people. What would it take to be skeptical of the agenda driven far right press?

That's just it, there was no real medical research done prior to the vaccines being released. No one knew how safe these vaccines were or were not. Now with evidence from deaths from covid and excess deaths linked to covid, the research suggests the vaccine is unsafe. 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Outgoing White House medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Wednesday that he “doesn’t have a clue” what Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hopes to accomplish by calling for a state grand jury investigation into alleged “crimes” related to COVID-19 vaccines.  

“I don’t have a clue … what he’s asking for. I mean, we have a vaccine that, unequivocally, is highly effective and safe and has saved literally millions of lives,”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3775812-fauci-responds-to-desantis-call-for-covid-19-vaccine-investigation/

DeSantis is trying to differentiate himself from "Warp Speed" pro-vaccine Trump on a red meat culture war issue. He still has not uttered a single word against him, even when attacked. Probably hopes Trump will burn out/go away somehow because if it comes to a primary DeSantis will have to confront and denounce Trump directly  thus inflaming the ire of MAGA and all its minions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

That's just it, there was no real medical research done prior to the vaccines being released. No one knew how safe these vaccines were or were not. Now with evidence from deaths from covid and excess deaths linked to covid, the research suggests the vaccine is unsafe. 

Other than ten years of testing of mRNA and extensive testing done before release you'd be right. That said, there was an imperative to bring out the vaccine sooner rather than later to prevent the greater tragedy of millions of lives lost to the virus.

Other than every vaccine having some potential side effects, mainly due to allergy, there is no research suggesting that covid vaccines are any worse than any other vaccines. The only identified issues specific to covid vaccines involved non mRNA vaccines like AZ.

You might want to follow forum rules and put up links to claims of fact.

Edited by ozimoron

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Quite right. No Republican with a moderate platform can get the GOP nomination as the party has been hijacked by the 'howling at the moon' loonies.

Until such time as that large segment of the GOP base splinters off and forms their own fascist party the GOP is doomed to field the likes of De Santis or trump.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Quite right. No Republican with a moderate platform can get the GOP nomination as the party has been hijacked by the 'howling at the moon' loonies.

Until such time as that large segment of the GOP base splinters off and forms their own fascist party the GOP is doomed to field the likes of De Santis or trump.

The GOP has surrendered the franchise on moderate politics now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

To correct you there, only one politician, Andrew Bridgen from North West Leicestershire brought this up at the houses of Parliament on the 13th Dec in a debate with a near empty house, that debate however was well and truly rebuked by other politicians. Transcript here:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2022-12-13/debates/EAB2E8A2-A721-47DD-A79C-4EFD10F10C2D/VaccinesPotentialHarms

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

bs

• Thanks 1